Posts created by Gieyo

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Feb 21, 14 2:12 AM
tiredeyes333 wrote:Game Restarted!
I quit the game without any issues. Came back from my run, opened the game (PC) and I was back at the start screen. 3 days of progress and money lost! This is a serious issue. People who experience this problem need to be refunded for money spent on in-game purchases.

Same problem here, although luckily I hadn't been interested enough in this game as to spend any money on it.
I hardly visit BFG anymore, but I saw this game advertised and thought it might be different. It's quite boring and obviously has huge tech issues, so I'm uninstalling now.

I keep looking for excuses to return to BFG and its membership, but sadly things changed and they don't seem to be changing for the better again anytime soon.

posted in Risk™ on Nov 14, 12 7:37 AM
I bought "Risk" here at BFG back in 2007. It had been a while since I last visited the site, and I merely dropped by as I heard they had "Risk" out again (I had wanted to gift this to a friend a couple of years ago but the game had been discontinued).

The screen captures looked different, so I downloaded the demo to check it out. My first unhappy surprise came when my game manager indicated the older version of the game had been substituted by the new one.

Next thing I got was a couple of messages saying my graphic card drivers were outdated (which they are not). Still, the game ran normally, which is good.

I did not like the interface, nor the graphics. If you play solo on medium level it allows less AI contestants than the older version. It also lacks the wonderful voice acting the other has. I also prefer the colors and soundtrack of the older version.

I didn't play more than a couple of minutes for the feel of the game was sort of a downer. It did run fine, but it lacks IMHo all the small details that made the other version (developed by a different company) so brilliant. Besides, I was rather in a hurry to log out and see whether I could recover my old version from the purchase history (which happily I could, even though the thumbnail in the GM remains of the new version).

All in all, it's a good choice for those who like board strategy games and for those "Risk" lovers out there with no access to the old version, but the old version IMO is much better than this one.

Edit:Just wanted to say even the GM icon reverted to the old version after a while. Very happy.

posted in Elementary My Dear Majesty on Feb 1, 12 11:03 AM
truddi wrote:[b][i]The game loaded, I pressed start and got a black screen?

same issue. Everything's up to date (as much as it can be), not bothering with this and automatically deleating after surfing around this and other sites and reading all the issues this game seems to give.
Was my first Bigfish trial like in 1 (or 2?) months, a shame.

posted in Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness on Dec 18, 11 8:00 AM
I got the game elsewhere and thought it was very good and that it did quite a good job in keeping up the atmosphere of the Lovecraft tale. My only dissapointment was that, the it's too short (under 4 hours).

posted in Relics: Dark Hours on Dec 2, 11 3:25 PM
Was not crazy about the intro, but liked the art and thought to give it a go, the premise wasn't too bad.
I liked the first scene at the school entrance and thought the animation/artwork might be worth it.
But having Eddie tell me I could "figure out" which locker was Carl's and having to go around the school in order to clean the floors while unable to enter most of the rooms was a big No-No for me.
Had some orientation issues basically because the perspective sometime is so limited (this is one of those weird occasions in which I actualy missed a 360 view game; half the time I was staring at walls whithin kissing distance).
Found the map not too helpful and after some minor tech issues dropped the game after 15 minutes aprox.
Not sure whether I'll be going back, especially after the first talk with Dad: Unattractive first goal (cleaning floors), conversations with two unpleasant or unhelpful fellows, no real incentive in doing half the the things I'm supposed to do ... sounds a lot like what I go through everyday in the real world already.

Edit_Typo

posted in Relics: Dark Hours on Dec 2, 11 3:17 PM
Issues with voices (some dialogue words go missing, it's a good thing there's subtitles, It's too bad you're not provided a magnifying glass to read them).

Also, when after I got the uniform and was walking around, the arrows suddenly stopped moving (as if the game had frozen), but I managed to press the "Relics" button to try and save... and got a black screen. Somehow managed to get back to game, still navigation frozen, re-entered the "relics" button and -supposedly- managed to save and exit. I say supposedly because I haven't tried to reopen the game before dropping by the forum.

posted in Cardboard Castle on Nov 25, 11 3:07 PM
I alread left this post in the April 1st thread, but since it's a sort of review...

I downloaded this as it was advertised as an adventure game. It does not fit my idea of Adventure gama at all, nor would I say it's an arcade, to me it looks more like some sort of puzzle game as you have to find the way to get the knight to reach his goals by using available objects around. The objects can be used in different combinations; only one is cprrect. So that's a puzzle for me (sort of, at least).

It does get harder (I'm stuck right now and still have 38 minutes of demo). Liked the artwork even if its simple, the animations are not too sophisticated but thought the were appropriate for the game feel.
Still it is an odd game for the plataform (IMHO), and i think it has liitle replay potential (and that's being generous). Besides the hints are not good (I tried to get hint for being stuck and the only thing I got was something I had already solved by myself so...)

It is different from the usual games and the puzzles are not too easy. It is a slow game but maybe worth a try just to see if you like it or not. It is weird.

posted in Cardboard Castle on Nov 25, 11 3:03 PM
I downloaded this as it was advertised as an adventure game. It does not fit my idea of Adventure gama at all, nor would I say it's an arcade, to me it looks more like some sort of puzzle game as you have to find the way to get the knight to reach his goals by using available objects around. The objects can be used in different combinations; only one is cprrect. So that's a puzzle for me (sort of, at least).

It does get harder (I'm stuck right now and still have 38 minutes of demo). Liked the artwork even if its simple, the animations are not too sophisticated but thought the were appropriate for the game feel.
Still it is an odd game for the plataform (IMHO), and i think it has liitle replay potential (and that's being generous). Besides the hints are not good (I tried to get hint for being stuck and the only thing I got was something I had already solved by myself so...)

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 11 11:09 AM
It took me less than 50 minutes to get the first key, and although I was in the middle level of difficulty I did not skip any games. I don't think I'll even get the SE if players of hard mode are finishing it in 4 hours, as these games have very re-play value for me: I have good memory so I tend to remember the solutions to the puzzles for quite a while, and I also remember the location of the objects . At least if the game were long...

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 11 11:02 AM
I thought it was a nice game... but somehow not Azada at all.
I have not bought it and, despite the graphs are beautiful etc, I won't but it as it's just equal to many other games of the sort.
The first two Azadas had something in their mood etc that made them special and this is completely lost here for some reason.

I only played the demo (by the way, am I the only one who hates self-restricted demos?) and for what I saw could not agree more with what cookme said.

Lovely game, but simply not Azada, despised it is called so,

posted in 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour on Nov 15, 11 3:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of M3 games, but I like the 7 Wonders series.
This one is lovely and the Normal mode is not too tough; as others have stated it has different difficulty levels including an untimed one.

My only question is, why is the land of Caesars in South America?

posted in Sara's Super Spa Deluxe on Nov 14, 11 3:37 PM
What a boring mechanic game. I wouldn't consider it a TMG game at all as there is nothing to manage or no strategy to apply, you simply follow the requests of customers as they enter (and at least after 1 hour of demo and no level repeated they hardly came more than one at a time).
The music is repetitive and bad, the general view of the spa is microscopic, the minigames are boring and they're all of the kind where you have to trace actions with your mouse/tablet whithin a time limit. These sort of games aren't usually my cup of tea, but in some (some cooking ones for example) there is a challenge as you must perform several actions at a time, but this is not even the case here.

I played the whole hour just to see if the upgrades made any difference (none that I noticed) and whether the game remained as bad thorughout. As far as I got, yes, it remains as bad.

posted in Odysseus: Long Way Home on Nov 13, 11 8:22 AM
Hi Andreww:

It's so good when developers want to communicate directly with players, so a first thanks for that!

More thaks for a lovely game.

I did find several bugs/glitches (blackouts, disappearing items, etc...) and would like to know if a revised version might be released in the future and would add a petition in case your team goes for another historical HOG: Please, it would be great to see a game that took care of time and geographical coherence. I know the purpose of games is to have fun and that doesn't imply consistence, but it would be refreshing to find one where you don't come across items that were not discovered in the era you're supposedly in, especially when the storyline is good and the artwork is as good/lovely as it is in "Odysseus".
Tks,
Gieyo

posted in Odysseus: Long Way Home on Nov 13, 11 8:10 AM
The ups:
-Beautiful and clear graphs
-Idea with potential
-Options
-Clear one screen tutorial
-Nice unobtrusive music

The downs:
-Black out and disappearence of stuff; from parts of the scene, to the heads of some characters, to pieces needed to complete mingames.
-Slightly slow running (nothing too bad though)
-The time and geographical incongruencies (really, does it take so much to simply put items in the ****-areas that that fit the part of the world and the era?)

The bewildering/funny:
-The partidism of the developers speaking of the "thousands of dead" and horrors of the Trojan war and then simply stating that the horse trick "oppened the gates of the city" and forgetting the massacre.
-The lack of respect Odysseus (and Agamemnon's ring) seem to impose over workers and soldiers.

If it weren't for the tech issues it would have gone to my purchase list.

posted in Odysseus: Long Way Home on Nov 13, 11 7:59 AM
The game runs abit slow, but no big deal.
What is really upsetting is the blacking out of some areas, the juxtaposition of shots and the erratic behaviour in some of the minigames, that texts suddenly stop appearing, and that the soldier guarding Aggamemnon's tent is headless.

posted in Odysseus: Long Way Home on Nov 13, 11 7:56 AM
Supposedly there's nothing special to do besides taking the piece on the left to the one on the upper part of screen, but the game is so full of glitches it may not be responding as it should.
I had no trouble here, I clicked on the first piece, then clicked on the second one.
If it doesn't work you could always try to re-install
Hope that helps.

posted in Creepy Tales: Lost in Vasel Land on Nov 12, 11 2:10 PM
Didn't like it either, lasted like 20 minutes and that's because I tried to find the objects for a while despite their smll size and the dark artwork..
As others have pointed, this starts like a revision of Little Red Riding Hood, but instead of one there's two (Cora & Rachel) and they seem to come from a stupid family.: Not only does Mom suggest they get fresh flowers for granny when she's already holding a basket of flowers, the whole dialogues is artificial and dumb.
Cora could convince Rachel to enter the amusement park as it is for free... ok. But if they're going in "for a little while" how can Rachel simply lose track of her sis and wait at the door wondering what is taking her so long? And there's a guard that shuts the door in her face even a child is missing but has no issues with Rachel vandalizing the door? D'oh.

I couldn't relate to the story or to the characters. Thought the artwork was mediocre (and I'm being kind); the animation cuts were silly and repetitive.
That I spent 20 minutes looking for screws, loops and other tiny bits to produce stupid items (more so if we consider RAchel's first action) was unappealing.
The HOGs were unchallenging except for the darkness, the puzzles boring and nothing new (at least the two I came across).
The music was ok, but not to die for.
Spelling mistakes.
The only thing I thought was ok was the magic book as orientation aid.
I feel sorry for the clown if he is trapped in that amusement park, especially if he has to now endure the company of the two boring kids.

posted in Pet Rush: Arround the World on Nov 10, 11 2:03 PM
And if you get to play you'll discover other pearls. I can't believe someone actually included Lovebirds (or toucans, can't remember which) as pets to call them... sparrows.

If you have no idea what an animal is, why even bother putting it in the game? Or why not simply call it "Bird"?

posted in Pet Rush: Arround the World on Nov 10, 11 2:01 PM
mkastor wrote:My suggestion would be to click on the Uninstall button. It's not worth going any further than Level 1!

posted in Pet Rush: Arround the World on Nov 10, 11 2:00 PM
Agree with everyone else, horrid game.

Besides the clunky animation and bad clicking response, the lack of originality etc, I would add the compendium of "evil guys" eople coming to attack the pets with baseball bats?!!

I don't think the spelling is intentional. I'm pretty sure the developers wrote "arround" for the same reason they call a lovebird (or was it the toucan? I can't remember) a sparrow : Because not only did they have little idea what they were talking about, they had no interest whatsoever in even checking what they had no idea about.

My guess is their lack of interest in the game can only be matched by the lack of interest their game arouses in the players.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator