Posts created by gnadenlos_GER

posted in PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 16 5:38 PM
Check your BFG game manager.

Yes, it seams to be very easy. I took my time, looked around the extras and finished the demo (2 chapters) within 70 minutes and didn't have to use hint or skip once.

Instead the game gave me awards for being fast, just because I could solve every hidden object scene within 3 minutes, find very obvious music symbols extra fast and because I didn't skip the 10 "non"-puzzles. Achievements are a nice feature, but please let me achieve something first.

There are 5 chapters + bonus chapter, so the game will be 3-4 hours long.

Nothing new, no surprises. At least I experienced no bugs and the story and objectives were somewhat believable and conclusive.

posted in PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity Collector's Edition on Jan 25, 16 2:14 AM
@Valdy: That's the first part of the solution. The problem is, that the game still tells you that the monkey is missing his cymbals, even if you gave them to him. This message is a bug. (Maybe it only happens if the cymbal is the last HOG item you find.)

The problem is that the game switches to inventory mode after you've solved the HOG and due to the wrong message and because it's the only time the game switches from HOG to inventory mode, many players don't realize that they have to do something else (use the acid on the chain).

posted in PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 16 8:35 AM
I finished the bonus chapter now. The bonus chapter shows the origins and is quite long.

The puzzles and HOGs were more complex than in the main game, so I enjoyed them more.

The bonus chapter allows you to play some puzzles in casual or hard mode. It wasn't too hard or time consuming to solve them in hard mode.

I had to use the strategy guide once in the bonus chapter, because I missed the golden earring.

After playing the main game I was unsure if the game deserves 4 stars, because it felt average and a little bit too short - with the bonus chapter it's a solid 4 star game in my opinion.

I wouldn't recommend to buy the standard edition - you are missing the best part of the game.

PS: Play with me!

posted in PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 16 8:24 AM
With bonus chapter the length is ok, because the bonus chapter is quite long. Without the bonus chapter it felt a little bit short, maybe because the game is easy and doesn't use much HOGs to stretch the game.

The puzzles and HOGs in the bonus chapter were more complex - I enjoyed the bonus chapter more than the main game.

I was unsure if the game deserves 4 stars after the main game - with the bonus chapter it's a solid 4 star game in my opinion. (by BFG standards - my personal ranking is lower, because I use 5 stars for the best games only)

posted in PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 16 5:35 AM
I finished the main game, so it is possible to solve the game in its current state (Windows 10 + nVidia GTX900-series).

The (minor) problems I experienced were:

1. The achievement and collection area concealed the the text on the black text bar 1-2 times. (2560x1440, 16:9)

2. The game still told me that a monkey needs his cymbals, after I gave them to him. In that scene the game changes from HOG to normal gameplay for the first and only time in the game, so it seams like you are stuck - but if you ignore the wrong message about the cymbals you can solve the scene.

3. You have to use a mouse on a crow/raven and the spot you have to click is too small - so I had to use the strategy guide, because i I tried the solution already and thought it doesn't work.

4. After changing scenes or during popup-animations the game slowed down for a moment on my high end gaming system - it's definitely possible to optimize the code to do those simple animations more fluently on my system (6-Core-Intel-CPU, GTX980ti, 32GB RAM, SSD), so I grade this behavior as minor problem. If it behaves like that on a high end system, it will be a problem on weaker systems too. Maybe it's a problem specific to Windows 10, but I doubt it.

The game is quite easy and the HOGs are even easier. Only two of the puzzles took me some time to solve, because I'm not very experienced in sliding puzzles.

I didn't need the hint system once in advanced mode, but I had to do some random clicking on two HOGs. That's not very consistent for a game that has very easy and large objects everywhere else.

The story was ok, but not very deep or surprising.

It's hard to judge the length, because I haven't played many HOPA games, but it felt somewhat short compared to older games I played - mainly because of the low level of difficulty.

I didn't experience any new elements or surprises.

The game has very few achievements (no achievements for speed or precision) and some of them even force you to "play bad" (skip cutscenes, use skip). I didn't find any morphing objects and the collectibles are about 10 statues (very easy to spot).

With my little experience in HOPA games, it's hard to compare and judge the game, but I'm sure this is not a 1,2 or 5 star game - so I would rate it with 3-4 stars. In benefit of the doubt I will give the game 4 stars, but I guess that it's to average and boring for experienced players. If you are looking for a challenge don't buy the game.

posted in PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 16 4:29 AM
@gamma9697 I had the same behavior - just use the acid from your inventory on the remaining chain and you will move on. The change to normal gameplay within the HOG is unexpected and the wrong message about the monkey makes the solution even harder to find.

posted in PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 16 7:23 PM
One color ist lit - you have to do that color - each color is a separate puzzle part.

posted in Heartwild Solitaire: Book Two on Jan 5, 16 2:32 AM
The developer offers an updated HD/widescreen version of the game on its website. I asked them why they don't offer the game to BFG customers and the answer was, that BFG has declined the update, because the cost for testing the new version were too high.

Is this how BFG works in general? We only get updates if BFG feels like it's generating enough new sales instead of giving their customers the best available version?

The same is true for the first Hearthwild Solitaire. The developer even offers this HD/widescreen version for free on it's website and you continue to sell the inferior version on BFG.

This is a problem that is not resolved with a refund (in that case I found out about the HD version before buying), but something that makes me think about using BFG for my future purchases. If BFG only supports games as long as they make them new money, I will redirect my purchases to other platforms or directly to the developers.

Can you please tell me if the statement of the developer is true and you reject updates for older games that don't generate enough new sales?

bfgWaimea: Why do you think the post by bfgBellerophon has provided a solution? Noone was reporting the problem fixed after that post. The only solution seams to be a refund. Many users would prefer a patch instead.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator