Posts created by playingthegame

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 30, 18 9:42 AM
And now I am feeling guilty about all those Friends and players who were vital to this Forum that I did NOT mention.
Everyone around knows who you are and will also give profound thanks for all your support to the game and to us.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 30, 18 9:34 AM
Annelliegram wrote:
Gen_1236 wrote:
playingthegame wrote:

[BTW I see that you 'poetry' has not improved a jot nor a tittle]

Says the one responsible for all those abysmal limericks!!

OOOOOhhhhhhhhhh...... there she goes using those big words back at ya! Now I wonder who would win in THAT battle???????

Doesn't stand a chance!
She is incapable of confabulations of semantics!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 10:01 PM
Gen_1236 wrote:I missed the conga lines!

And I will always miss the abominable things you did to try and tart up your huggie jacket!
But I live in hope?

[BTW I see that you 'poetry' has not improved a jot nor a tittle]

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 9:38 PM
A grey day in London at 5 am for the cold wet windy outside and a grey day for my soul!
There will not be much fun around the Castle today.
If only I could reach the flagpole and lower the flag to half mast because THAT is precisely what has happened to this game.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 9:34 PM
FreakyFaerie wrote:Cindy you mean

Jenny- a small short-winged songbird found chiefly in the New World?

Just checking?

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 9:28 PM
rosiebvt wrote:In all the hurry to say goodbye to this forum and those who are moving to other sites, please remember those friends who won't be moving along with us and whose words will be left behind.

Robyn, we miss you

I don't weep very often cos I'm a man
But the tears fill my eyes now

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 9:24 PM
May you bask in the Mediterranean sun until the end of time!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 9:49 AM
I think it is appropriate here to also mention and loudly praise the Elder Statesmen (but mostly women!) of the Midnight Castle Forum who had faith in the game during its early stages and together forged the incredible community that we all now share.

But for people such as Lady Sabelle, Vlady and many others in those earliest stages of the game and Forum from 2014-2015, who saw the potential through communication of explaining details of the game to all the players, we would not be mourning the passing of this Forum today.

Then there came a second phase of Forum development with Whitebutterfly, (my dear ‘blancofluttero’), Napoeon and Annelliegram (dear A.e.gram) who took up the elders’ torch with their lists of information, broadcasting and analyzing the many updates in the game.

Their advice to all of us has been vital to our own games.

And finally to the makers of chaos and mayhem: gohill (dear Fuzzy) and eastendteddy (Cap’n Bob), whose sagas of ‘daring do’ provided us with much needed light relief from playing the game itself.

To all of these and innumerable others that I have no room to mention I urge you all when reading these archives to give thanks and continue to enjoy this remarkable community with its shared joys and sorrows elsewhere in the future

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 28, 18 3:32 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:I'm so so sad. I still check every day for messages, but the forum reminds me of a grave. Cold and so lonely.

It was gut-wrenching going through PMs. This was my first forum and can't tell you how much all of you helped me get through real life. Laughter, tears, stress, upheavals. Like a family we fought, celebrated, conjoled and even took each other to task now and then. And, from the very beginning, we generously helped one another with gifts or information. Add to that the generosity of the consortium, celebrating a good day in the castle, loving and hating the DQs, Trina, tournaments and challenges and all the MC inspired stories during update wait times, and you can't help but be awed by this forum's uniqueness.

I have friends from the very beginning of MC and new friends met on the journey. There will never again be a forum like this MC forum and I find myself grieving its demise.

Goodbye dear friend, and goodbye to everyone. My heart is broken but life moves on. It was a hoot!

You have made me both laugh and cry!
I hope we continue to meet in another place when I have sorted myself out!
Alan

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 6:39 AM
I have done the same thing.
But it feels as if I have lost a load of long and trusted friends

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 25, 18 2:24 PM
Be seeing you soon my Friend!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 25, 18 2:22 PM
Just remember, for what it is worth that the Mail man is on Level 99 and John is on Level 121!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 24, 18 3:13 PM
HotLily wrote:Delphi is a forum especially set up for MC players. Cut and paste the link below and have a look see.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

Freya

Not quite correct!
Delphi Forums have been around for a long time (almost 20 years in fact) and is HUGE!

But the Folder containing the Midnight Castle part of it is a new one ( Is it a week old now?) and that is what is mentioned in the above link.
Because of the dedication of many players who have transferred to it,with Jenifer as our host, we now have a roaring success!
Entrance is simple and we welcome all dedicated MC players whether newbies or senior

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 23, 18 8:34 AM
Put the items required on your puzzle list and you may win them.
they will certainly appear BEFORE any pet egg after the diamond!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 7:49 AM
It is with great sadness that I read of your (I hope temporary) retirement from the MC scene.
Your help has been invaluable to me in developing my own game and I am sure that this is echoed many many times by others.
When the dust has settled in the new Forum I am sure we will welcome you with open arms with all your essential information as well as the ability to update these files as the year unfolds.
Take care my old Friend and my tickles to those gorgeous pets of yours
From what is regarded here as being sweltering weather at the moment but as rather cool where you live!

PTG (Alan)

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 2:30 AM
We have had the removals team in and departed for another place.

I won’t tell you where it is in case we are again attacked by those evil forces we are trying to defeat.

I had no idea of the depths to which they could sink to silence our little tale!

All that remains from The Chief Sweeper Upper of the Special Room saga and attache to the MC Foreign Affairs Ministry to alternate Realms (in the absence of our dear Cap’n Bob, who is at this moment of time incapacitated):
Is to wish you all a joyful reading experience of what we daring doers have undergone (for want of a better term!) in the 268 pages of this tale.

Fair thee well and I hope:

“We’ll meet again
Don’t know where. Don’t know when.
But I know we’ll meet again some sunny day.
Keep smiling through, just like you always do.
‘Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds away”

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 1:28 AM

We have had the removals team in and departed for another place.

I won’t tell you where it is in case we are attacked by those evil forces we are trying to defeat.

I had no idea of the depths to which they could sink to still our little tale!

All that remains from The 2ic of the Special Room saga (in the absence of our dear Cap’n Bob):
Is to wish you all a joyful reading experience of what we daring doers have undergone (for want of a better term!) in these 38 pages of this tale.

Fair thee well and I hope:

“We’ll meet again
Don’t know where. Don’t know when.
But I know we’ll meet again some sunny day.
Keep smiling through, just like you always do.
‘Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds away”

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 20, 18 9:23 PM

As I stand with the Genie on the steps of Atlantis still holding my wand in the direction of the Temple of Justice, yet monitoring the Dark Tower ....... there is a loud bang sounding like a deep clap of thunder.... the Eagle in the Throne Hall is screeching and emitting his fire..... he is becoming more "life-like" as each day progresses.

I search out to "feel" for Adrian's thoughts regarding his latest outburst........... ah, it was inevitable. He can no longer hear the "goings on" in the Tea Room...... he knows his listening devices have been found and disabled. He is F-U-R-I-O-U-S!!!!! skullzap

Oh, how my arm aches ..... I only hope I will be able to continue for the remaining 10 days!!!

What? No, my little pigeon..... I cannot help you find Seeker and his clan of Gnomes. ....... Yes, they left a couple of days ago and the leader said he could not tell me their destination in case Adrian turned on us (the Genie and me) and tortured us into telling him where they went. .... No, I fear Seeker and his Gnomes will be unable to assist them in their new home. We have done all we can do to help them..... their fate is now their own.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 20, 18 7:24 AM
All my thoughts and good wishes for your future health.
This is the paramount thing.
You will be remembered (by me) every day! as I look at you in my Friends list
We have journeyed far and long together in this Realm

And PLEASE use your favorite avatar until you return

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 20, 18 6:38 AM

"So same world, different dangers."

"Or same dangers, but different reactions. You may literally be leaping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Which now leads me back to where we stand now. The new Secret Library has been set up and it is connected for wi-fi. It has its own Record Book (as this one records only for this version) and its own Mirror. The ghost players are now moving and setting up Anna's new quarters (at least the ones not playing the game, your game has transported over).

But those were situated in structures original to the game. All the new structures added here since 2013 need to be rebuilt. And since we do not know if the gnomes in the new version is friendly, we need to seek Seeker and his friends and ask if they are willing to assist. At the very least, they will be transported to safety.

So if we can contact PTG's Godmother (and provide her with cookies and other sweets and she is too busy to bake at this moment), maybe she can assist us."

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator