Posts created by vikiBookWorm88

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 10, 16 6:26 PM
All I really want is a complete recall of the last update. Car companies have recalls, computer companies have recalls - why can't the Devs recall this update?? And if they can't (or won't) do that then maybe Apollo's suggestions would be a better fit - they certainly sound good to me.

Maybe in April ...

Other suggestions:

1. How about a shop where we can buy those items we need multiples of? Or were we could buy pets rather than make them? And instead of diamonds or coins we used our credit cards instead? That would fill the devs' pockets and hopefully get us some new content! (Someone else mentioned a shop...no idea who...sorry!)

2. Or maybe an auction for pets? Pets seem to be highly popular, why not let us compete to get them? And maybe the next pet can be the Big Fish logo!!

3. Regular content updates every 3 or 4 months. Surely that's enough time to draw/write/code new levels. Who cares if some players are done with the new levels in a few hours? How slow or fast we play MC shouldn't matter and new content will make devs quite a few loyal (and generous) customers.

4. And how about some beta testers who are real players of the game? Maybe have a drawing every so often to choose beta testers for an update and then the next update draw new beta testers. Or maybe just have the first 20 winners in the tournaments be the beta testers.

5. Avatars that could be designed to look like whoever we want to look like. Maybe we could choose hair and eye color or have clothing choices that show when we're happy, sad, mad or whatever.

6. I know this might seem counter productive from a business viewpoint...but why not lower the price of diamonds and coins? If the price is low enough and a player's frustration high enough, they may end up buying coins and diamonds. Low prices means a good deal for the players and when those diamonds run out they'll come back to buy more. And more and more. As the prices are now many players would rather wait for the HOS or whatever to reset.

Okay that's all I can think of for now...

Viki

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 10, 16 5:33 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 10, 16 5:13 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 10, 16 4:50 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 10, 16 4:23 PM
Still dislike the update!! I know there are now workarounds but for me it seems like a lotta work for little reward. I miss the old MC. I wish I could find an old computer with MC without the update....

Anyway...

Thanks to second_childhood, MaryM1980, Diane8722, and uncommonfirings for voicing your unhappiness on the PC website. And everyone else who's taken the time to write a review for MC. I think the best way to make our unhappiness felt is to warn off new players in the first place they look - the reviews. If that number drops maybe the Devs will actually do something about this horrible update. Seems a little ruthless I know. I did try to post a review but I guess I wasn't diplomatic enough Oops!! Maybe I'll try again...

Currently taking a break from MC and counting the days till April.

siberlene - great idea about the rating system...but I don't understand why you like the new MC.

Unhappy but hopeful...

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 5, 16 5:17 PM
Thanks so much!! I guess I'll give it a try.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 5, 16 3:33 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has played Midnight Calling Anabel? Its a game produced by Elephant Games and while it seems to be the usual HOG Collector's edition and not a free-to-play like MC, it does seem similar to MC.

[Removed by Moderator]

Has anyone played this game?? I'm curious but don't want to waste my time if its a dud.

Viki

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 5, 16 2:37 PM
About the drop rate from the butterflies...I have gotten a shard, and sometimes 2 shards, every time I click on the butterflies.

But that was before the update. I just don't have the patience or heart to go into MC now. So who knows how many shards I'd get...if any.

Does anyone know when the Spring update is supposed to get here? Its a balmy 61 degrees in Houston...feels like spring to me!!

Thanks again for the laughs...

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 4, 16 6:57 PM
First I'd like to thank everyone who has written the rhymes and other rather amusing posts on this thread. It might not be on topic but its definitely added some much needed humor!!!

As for why we need some laughs...this completely irritating Jan 2016 update!!

The many, many people who have posted in this thread have said it all (as have I on prior posts and on other threads as well), so I won't go into to detail about why the new update sucks. It's enough to say: IT SUCKS!!

Its been 16 days since the update and other than the Mods, we haven't heard anything about changes or no changes or even something telling us we've been heard. I don't expect the Devs to come on this forum and address our concerns and unhappiness, but why can't the Devs send us a message in MC? They were certainly quick to tell us not to cheat in the tournament. And isn't it interesting that the tournaments only came back after all the outrage was voiced against the update? Hmm...coincidence??? I think not. Well Devs if you were trying to distract or bribe us into piping down...it didn't work!!

Or maybe I'm just a paranoid conspiracy theorist...

I'm currently taking a break from MC until the next update and playing other games (though none from Big Fish or Elephant!!). And reading this forum every chance I get, of course.

To those who some how, some way still enjoy this update and wonder why the rest of us don't: please read Armerige's post on page 40 and Diane8722's post on page 34 on this thread. I believe these two have explained why we dislike the update in the clearest, most understandable way possible. Hope this helps!!

A very unhappy Viki

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 12:02 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 11:46 AM
by NoFishToday on January 23, 10:43 AM
Valjune wrote:
Theorem said it best, we have to play selfishly now. Makes me sad that I can only send the airship items, stamps or food to friends, and cant pack and send the airship either because I will need those things to give to friends. The thrill is gone..

I simply was not going to say a word. But, having voiced my feelings in many threads, this post is one I am going to have to agree with completely. I am NOT a selfish person, and being selfish goes against my grain. I will not ask for gifts that my friends can't get any easier than I can. I now have nothing to gift. Yes, I now have the new blue key quests to do, BUT it only took 2 days for my inventory to be completely decimated. Therefore, I expect no gifts and therefore the choice has been made by BF for me to BE selfish if I want to do anything at all in the game, and should happen to get the elusive HOS item drop. I too am happy for those who like the changes, however, they are clearly in the minority.

I agree with you NoFish, I don't like being forced to be selfish. To have to weigh the pros and cons every time I want to gift a friend, its just exhausting and its not the type of person I want to be in MC.

To everyone who is enjoying MC after 1/20: Good for you. I don't understand it, but to each their own.

Viki

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 11:26 AM
Great suggestions apollogold and Desertdruid!!

I think these are near perfect solutions that would please both those who like the update and those who hate it.

And I really hope the Devs are actually reading these forums. As frustrating as this update is, its 10 times worse when we don't hear anything from them. Do they not care or are they simply waiting us out, hoping we'll shut up??

I know its only been 3 days since the update (though it seems so much longer) and now its the weekend. Hopefully by some time next week will get something from the Devs.

Frustrated but hopeful.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 9:24 AM
So I played MC again just to see if I got lucky once or if I could live with this update. This is what I got from my non-quest related HOS:

Coins: 11

Shards: 6

Items: 7

There is something seriously wrong in getting coins out of 11 HOS, instead of items. And here's the items I did get:

Bronze Circle
Sectary Sign
Ice Crown
Taste of Prey
Wreath of Justice
Poisonous Stinger
Throne Base

Not one of those items is what I'd call rare. Am I happy I got them? Sure! Its better to have something other than 15 coins or 1 shard.

I am still getting airship items, pet food, stamps, and gift boxes. But the rest of my inventory? I'm watching it shrink little by little as each quest gets completed and I'm wondering if I will have the patience to stick around. And that is just so depressing.

Hopeless

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 8:22 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 8:16 AM
We'll that's interesting.

When I got to the website I had to type in 2013 in the search box at the top right hand corner and then scroll down and hit the Older posts button near the bottom.

You'll know it when you see it!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 7:46 AM
So I broke down and played the non-quest related HOS this morning (I needed something to do) and this is what I got:

Coins: 6

Shards: 9

Items: 10

I was pretty shocked. When I played MC directly after the update (I think I played 6 HOS before I left disgusted) and all of those produced coins except for one that produced a shard.

The items I got this morning weren't polestars or immortal treasures, but I did get a eight pointed star and a seed of life. The other eight items are ones I have multiples of but I guess its better than not having them at all.

I don't know if this is just dumb luck or what, but if the HOS drops continue like this I don't think I'll be leaving MC. Though it will be a sunny day in H-E-double hockey sticks before I thank the Devs for this update!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 6:32 AM
Could not agree more magz13.

You should right a review on MC on the Review for Midnight Castle thread. The more voices that are heard the better.

Trying to survive the update blues...

Viki

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 6:26 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 6:02 AM
Sorry Fishpole but this is only day 3 since the update.

I think most of us are trying to hold on to the slim hope that the devs will hear our "negativity" and do something about it!

And I'm sorry but where else am I going to voice my unhappiness? My none-MC friends look at me like I've lost my mind...they just don't understand.

Look eventually we'll all either decide to live with the update or throw in the towel and move on....Though there might still be some grumbling about the worst update of all time every now and then.

Have patience with us Fishpole!! We'll calm down eventually...maybe.

And Judibeth your are a saint and your friends are lucky to have you!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 22, 16 7:00 PM
by ajtho1 on January 22, 6:39 PM
I cannot understand why it was thought that such a fundamental change in game play could or should be implemented with no consultation of the very wide fanbase and with no warning at all.

That's a very good point ajtho1. I've made it clear several times on several threads that I am less than pleased with this update. When I think about how no one (to my knowledge) was consulted about the changes I just get madder.

I wish the devs had held a vote or something before throwing this update at us. There are so many dissatisfied players on this forum and only a handful who are happy with the update. If even half of the dissatisfied players quit MC (as many are threatening to do) the number of players is going to be seriously reduced. And Devs that means fewer diamond sales for you.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator