Posts created by ctaylor56

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 23, 17 6:58 PM
You're not alone there I've been playing from the start, with a couple of absences along the way, and it takes some time to find your way around. Just as you get it all sorted out in your head, another section of the map will open. Thank goodness for this forum and all the wonderful people who patiently answer our questions.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 23, 17 1:27 AM
Hi Desertdruid, to tell which ghost is which, check out the design of the frames in the album. Each color ghost's body is the same as the decoration on the frames. It's the only way I can tell on some of the backgrounds as the colors just blend so well.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 22, 17 5:05 PM
Valkyrie, there is a post on the forum, I think it's called 'Last year's pets' and it contains a list of what you need for all the Halloween pets. It might help you work it out, and as the post says, many players already have these pets and would be happy to gift the things you need.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/943861.page

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 22, 17 4:56 PM
Hi Valkyrie, welcome to the forum.
It does take a bit of hunting around to find out how it all works. The Achievement Rewards, accessed from the Avatar icon at the top of the game page, often give a clue. Most of the things that you get from completing the quests during the seasonal events are used to craft special pets. You generally need pumpkins as well as the items.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 21, 17 1:48 PM
gohill wrote:All six ghosts are shaped differently...

I figured that the developers would have given us a clue of some sort, and they did. If you check out the frames around the ghosts in the album, the body of each ghost is the same as the decoration on the edge of the frame, so yes, the red ghost has got claws and the green ghost is a leaf.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 21, 17 1:42 PM
The individual ghosts are different shapes, and the shape corresponds to the picture in your Ghost Album. If you look at the frame around the captured ghosts, there is a distinct decoration on each quarter of the frame. The body of the ghost is the same as this decoration. On some backgrounds, the shape of the ghost is the only way I can tell blue from lavender

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 21, 17 12:38 AM
You can only buy items that you need. If you go to a zoom zone, and you don't have an item, you will get the option of buying it for diamonds. Same if you are trying to create something in the lab. You can't buy extra for your stash, only what you need right now, and only for diamonds, not gold.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 21, 17 12:34 AM
It does take a while to get your eye in, and I also have to let the ghost fly around the room a bit longer to see what color trails after it to be sure.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 21, 17 12:31 AM
I don't have traps on my wish list, but I noticed a much higher drop rate today over yesterday. Maybe the developers are trying to compensate for making us do 10 challenges for the Castle Challenge.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 19, 17 10:58 PM
I'm also extremely disappointed with the timing of this. 10 parts of a normal DQ was going to be tough, but doing 10 of these will take many people more than 1 or 2 days. Maybe they could extend the finish time of the CC by a few days for people to catch up. It's a bit unfair if people have worked hard to get here, only to have this happen!!! Could 1 day have made a difference?

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 12, 17 1:04 AM
Annelliegram wrote:And regarding the large inventories of items, coins, and diamonds that players have .... most of them secured them AFTER they finished the character quests and finished leveling up.....we just continue to play the rooms while waiting for the next update .....it is amazing how fast the coins build up when there are no character quests asking you to open new areas or craft items for them!

I was just about to give this same answer. Remember the long wait before the Harbour was added? We must have played for months, with nothing to spend the gold on.

If I need gold or shards, I will sell HOS items, but never let anything drop below 20. I figure that the game will give me what I need when I need it.
Stamps I keep 300 of each and sell the extra, and Airship items I try to keep 500 of each and try to keep the spread to 50 between highest and lowest. I only send Airships during CC events.
I also keep 100 each of pet food, and only feed pets if it doesn't take me below 100, except during CC events of course.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 12, 17 12:34 AM
For me, it was 36 diamonds and still 500 gold short. I'll try again tomorrow.
Thank goodness for the diamonds from the jigsaw puzzles

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 31, 16 1:33 AM
There really isn't an 'explanation' for these things other than, everyone plays the game their own way.
It could be that the person with the Christmas avatar is a new player who simply doesn't know about the rooms yet. This game has so much going on now that it must be hard for new players to get their heads around all of it, and if they don't know about the forum, then they will take even longer to get up to speed.
The person who had the Christmas room and now doesn't, may have run out of gifts and not realize that they are preventing their friends from sending gifts or they may feel that they shouldn't expect to receive gifts when they no longer have any to give.
On this forum there are a lot of people who are happy to be 'friends' for the duration of a special event, purely for the purpose of doing the rooms. They don't expect to be included in your regular daily gift giving, and they expect to be 'unfriended' at the end of the event. It certainly helps for things like the Christmas and Spring events where you have the rooms, and need lots of friends to have a hope of getting the achievements.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 2, 16 3:30 PM
Jenifer_Rule wrote:
My game has ground to a halt. There are no unique stamps on the wheel, I don't trust the airship to give me one, pets don't deliver them and my HOPs aren't dropping any.

Unique stamps have definitely stopped dropping as frequently in the HOS (both of my games have averaged 1 unique stamp in 100 HOS), and have been frustratingly difficult to find elsewhere. As someone else said, be cheeky and put the crafted item onto your wish list. That way you keep the unique stamps you already have and some of the higher level players are happy to spend a couple of thousand on a gifted item for players that are struggling. Especially for the items that need multiple stamps.
As a Level 74 player myself, I have over 200 unique stamps and gift them regularly to lower level players, but if I can send them the crafted item instead using only gold coins, that means I have more stamps to gift later.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 28, 16 10:51 AM
Another option is to put the crafted item onto your wish list. I am happy to buy items to gift as I have plenty of coins, but am also finding that the unique stamps have stopped dropping in both of my games. I want to keep the stamps in my newer game for when I am using an amulet to level up and need the stamps to move on. This game has only dropped 2 unique stamps in the last 136 HOS and I have picked up another 2 or 3 from gold chests. I am a PC player - Ravensholm 143902

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 28, 16 10:31 AM
In my game, I have collected 19 Energy balls from 136 HOS - which is approximately 1 every 9 HOS. On the plus side, chasing the energy balls has helped me to rebuild my stash of airship items and pet food, ready for whatever they throw at us in the next monthly challenge

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 29, 16 4:15 PM
My final ghost was also Red, centre on the bottom row.
I finally caught him as my 300th ghost, so patience and luck in equal measure seem to be the key to success in storming the castle.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 16 11:25 PM
I'm a level 74 player, waiting for the game to advance, I have 45 friends and I gift alphabetically, so everyone gets something every couple of days. I don't keep track of who sends gifts back, and I am just as pleased to get an airship item as I am to get anything else.
I remember what it was like not to have a lot of friends, and having to wait till I got enough postcards to keep Trina happy, or to advance with a seasonal quest. I put easy to get (or cheap to buy) things on my wish list to ensure that most people can gift to me, but I get all warm and fuzzy when I am able to gift an expensive egg or a high value crafted item because I can picture the happy smile on the face of the person opening the gift.
If I get an airship item back in return, then I have a happy smile too because these challenges are using up my airship items faster than I can replace them. Sending 4 airships just cost me 350 airship items and that's a lot of HOS's to replace them.
I'm fairly sure that the sort of people that get bent out of shape if you don't gift back, will probably take you off their list. The friends that stay are the friends that are happy to help without expecting something in return.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 8, 16 10:29 PM
I have always had trouble with the troll, so I switched to the Centaur and he did the trick. Sorry Annelliegram, but I got three out of three as well.
My Centaur threw lousy dice, nothing over 8 in total, but Rustle threw worse. I threw two 2's on the last throw, and thought 'oh well, 2 down and one to go' and Rustle threw two 1's - WIN

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 30, 16 2:18 AM
Time 47 days
Quests 2,476
HOS 42,982
Flowers 81,011
Ach. 186

Thoroughly enjoying the monthly challenges. They make waiting for the story to advance a lot more enjoyable.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator