Posts created by LynnNfld

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 1, 18 9:54 AM
Did BFG mix up the Pagan and Christian holidays? Fun though, got my red firefly stock replenished.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 18 5:30 AM
Is there a reason some of my friends have Phoenix eggs, and with some it is the only item in their wish list, as a gift request for extended periods of time. It makes it hard to re-gift with any regularity. Is something going on with that egg?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 12, 18 3:14 PM
Here's a funny about DST. About 25 years ago, Newfoundland had the brilliant idea that if DST was good, double DST would be even better. So, they did it. No one could get their kids to bed before midnight, business calls to the rest of Canada were nigh on impossible, and worst of all, the pubs lost a ton of revenue, because it just felt too darn sunny to start drinking.
Well, at least MC wasn't around then, or there well may have been an uprising.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Mar 7, 18 2:16 PM
Silver hawk
I completed every level on everything up to, and including, 109. I didn't touch anything on 110. Seems odd that the folks who have completed everything, and could use something to do, get shut out of the events.
Oh well, as we say in Newfoundland, "Nobody knows the mind of a squid."

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Mar 7, 18 6:38 AM
i finished world 17, except for the last bit, at 110. I didn't do anything on that one. I'm hoping that will give me access to the events while we wait for the next world, since those that complete the latest world don't get the events. Think that will work?

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 27, 18 6:16 PM
I, too, thought the same thing. But, I have only once bought diamonds during a sale, and I am at level 84 and have nearly 4 million coin and 6200 diamonds, plus scads of other stuff .Persevere, and don't be in a hurry, you'll get there (but it can get a bit boring when you are at the top level, waiting for an update). By the way, you always get 50 coin for an HOS, sometimes they add 15 when you don't get inventory. So keep plugging away at the HOS, and during an event, do all the stuff in your rooms over and over. Increase your friend list, you can get lots of valuable stuff from reciprocal friends. If you give back, many people will help you out. There has developed a rare camaraderie in this game among folks who know nothing beyond game names of others. Some have taken it a bit further and actually correspond with their team mates. I have had conversations with several interesting women from afar. So, just enjoy the game, it's not going anywhere. Remember, free to play.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 27, 18 5:52 PM
kkreisman wrote:Bagpuss and Kyothecae, that's what so beautiful about this game. I've been playing since the beginning, and try to do at least 1 round of HO scenes each day, but sometimes the thought of just "doing the round" again makes me , so I just don't do it. Nevertheless, I've managed to finish each CC, each mini-event, each Spring, Fall and Christmas Event offered, and reach 2,000,000 plus gold coins (twice) WITHOUT SPENDING ANY REAL MONEY. When I get bored, I just do my gifting, read the forum, and if I'm getting low, do the puzzles for diamonds, leave the game, and do something else, either another game I've bought along the way, or (YUCK) housework, etc.

You don't have to do anything you don't want in this game, and you don't have to spend money. The only secret to this game is patience, and a real gratitude to the Devs for giving us such beautful artwork, a real storyline, and primarily, the chance to interact with others around the world. Personally, I hope it never ends.

Thankful for the Castle
katiek

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 27, 18 4:46 PM
I got 1 wood in 12 chests. Might take me a couple of days, too. Funny though, they appear too often, otherwise.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Feb 23, 18 5:13 PM
Gotcha, I have finished 16. This game is very hard to stay interested in. Way too long until a new world, and if the events are only for those who still have stuff to do, then it doesn't benefit a lot of us who have nothing new to do. Don't see the strategy in this for people who would actually like to continue playing. However, I have noticed this is a game is very geared to make you spend actual money to proceed. Even the events suck a lot more out of you than you can hope to get back. Patience is the only way to go in this game, unless, unlike me, you have lots of extra dollars to waste. And a lot of the perks have been scaled so far back that they are almost non-existent. Again, to get you to spend more real money. Was way more fun when I began.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Feb 23, 18 3:14 PM
OK, will try that. Thanks.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Feb 23, 18 1:54 PM
This is the 2nd time there has been an event, but I only get the announcement, no event. Anyone else have this problem?

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 21, 18 2:08 PM
I took my wish list down this morning, so I could do some catch-up with gifting, but I'm still receiving gifts 8 hrs. later. Weird.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Feb 18, 18 7:46 AM
It would be great if we could bank the immortality prize to use when we wanted. Say, when a new world might finally be opened. I've been maxed out for a long time, and all I have left are the scattered levels that use way too many boosts. So, it seems more like just a way to use up all my resources for no gain. If there was a bonus for completing a world, then there would be some motivation to do so. 500 coin would be nice, or a few packets of boosts, or a combo. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 25, 18 6:53 PM
When did the 10 part DQ change? We now need 5 in a row to complete a part of the quest, and the cool-down time has increased to 2 hours. Is there a point to this? I'm on level 82, but work through the day. I, so far, have only 43 of the 10 part quests, mainly because I'm not at home enough to get through them in a 24 hr. period. Not really a big deal, but would be nice not to have the achievement be even more unattainable.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 21, 18 6:09 PM
I often get exclusive food when I craft pet food. Buy the cheapest, and usually you get your coin back, plus a pet food. Plus, I have a ton of it, if you want to friend me, I will give you some. 646694 on PC, if you play on the same.
Xi

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 19, 18 6:29 PM
It's a game, I think, meant to be a distraction during idle day hours. I have achievements I will probably never get. I am always happy when I get one, but, short of willing my grandson to complete them for me, some I may never get in this life. Again, why care? The CE was a lot of fun, the SE will be fun, too. And during it all, I make a bit of progress with the elusive achievements.
I see people in the forum venting frustrations about getting to the end all the time. Why? What's at the end besides boredom and waiting for the next update, and by association, the next frustration.
Just enjoy the game, pick away at the achievements, and surprise yourself occasionally.
Xi

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 13, 18 6:49 PM
And I thought I was doing incredibly well at 52,000. How did you ever get to 100,000?
xi (Lynn)

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 31, 17 1:46 PM
I only just got my last sock (if they were real socks, I'd be set for life with what I collected). But there are still 2 1/2 weeks to go. Do the Xmas rooms and trade for more wands, put wands on your wish list and add a plea for wands. A lot of people have gotten all the slots filled by now and will start being more generous. Above all, remember it's a game; have fun with it. What you need will turn up eventually.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Dec 30, 17 9:22 AM
I also have lost a lot of the enjoyment the game had for me. The coin you could get daily was a way to help you progress through the levels. Now it's just frustrating. I have bought coin on occasion, because I feel it fair to support the game. But I won't support a game that has tipped the balance so much in their direction. Even the Xmas event seemed geared to make the player pay. Very small payouts for around 90 levels. That should have been a way for BFG to thank the players with more generous prizes. Just my opinion, but again, the game was fun. Not so much, now.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 20, 17 8:04 PM
Ditto on the sox, it's frustrating. But still 29 days to go. We'll get there.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator