Posts created by nextgengranny

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 18 3:36 PM
Based on the demo, this game appears to be typical of every other Five-BN game I've played, & I've played a lot of them. For those who like the consistency, that will be a selling point; it would have been for me, as well, as recently as a couple of games ago, but at this point, I've just plain gotten bored w/ it. Also, as w/ other of their more recent offerings, the quality of various aspects, such as the collectibles, has declined (it's not very challenging trying to spot a statuette, origami crane, or outsized fly when they're just sitting there right out in the open). If I were rating this for the sales page, I'd give it three stars. Not a buy for me, as I have enough average games already.

posted in Moonsouls: Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition on Mar 29, 18 7:01 PM
marijkee123 wrote:Hey this is a realy good game for me. Love it. Some do some do not. Please stop telling us that the games are boring. You maybe should find another platform. Big Fish is trying to keep us all satisfied. We are Big Fish aren't we and just try to keep it that way. Love this game

I think it's great that you love this game. Others do not, & their opinions are equally valid, as is their right to tell the devs why they don't like it. Just sayin'.

Penny1942, just so. I belong to a site where one can communicate directly w/ devs who chose to participate. Eipix was specifically asked about this, & confirmed that Blue Tea were the developers of this installment of DP.

Pickles77, for clarification, this newest addition to the DP series was once again developed by Blue Tea (not Eipix).

Another big question for me is, why did BT take this series back? Maybe Eipix was getting ready to dump it this time, & BF reached out to BT? Dunno.

ETA: As the publisher, it would make no sense for Eipix to not want this game to do well. They're established devs, & I really don't see them conducting themselves in such an unprofessional, immature manner.

You're welcome, it's all good.

Hey, nanafraser! True, Blue Tea, not Eipix, developed this game. Eipix appears to have acted as the publisher, though I can't swear to that.

Hope you enjoy it! We all need some & s everyday, to leaven the & the . Sincerely, nextgen

There are those who track the "building" of a game on a site; I have no idea how. Once a game is "built" in it's entirety, anyone can download the game at that point, regardless of it not having been officially offered by the site, so long as they have the ability to access it. Access is provided via the release of what I assume is a file for the game...? (I'm not very tech, so I'm cloudy as to the particulars.)

Naw, just got it on the early release.

I played the beta for this game, & found it to be substandard to the point that I won't be playing the demo. People have been clamoring for Blue Tea to take this series back; well, they have, w/ Eipix's backing, SANS the triggered "cursed objects" that were so integral to the the original series (they now appear just the same as the morphs you will see in any other game, w/ no triggering event required). Add to that the inability to customize, the mostly useless map, & substandard graphics, & I'm effectively dealt out.

This game should appeal to those who think Eipix stole this series from BT, & gave them the shaft in the process.

If Blue Tea now wants to return to putting it's stamp on a series it dumped years ago, I think that's great, & support Eipix in supporting them in doing so. But please rejoin the state of gaming as it currently exists in the process. Invest some of that money you made on f2p games. And bring back the triggered cursed objects. Just sayin'.

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 18 11:32 PM
There's such a thing as over-moderating. I understand the need to keep order, & that you have a thankless job at times. That said, too much moderation = a dead forum that people will be less & less likely to participate in. Just my two cents (which I'm willing to contribute to the group fund, in hopes that one day, we'll have enough between us to buy a cup of ).

*posted in response to seeing Old_Man_River's comment deleted from the review thread*

ETA: I'm not judging...I'm just saying.

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 18 9:47 PM
What I hear people saying is that they think a lot of the high-star reviews being given out amount to little more than participation trophies. People have been expressing concern regarding what they perceive as the declining quality of pc games for years now. BF isn't unique in that regard; I see similar concerns being expressed in the forums of other game distribution sites, as well.

There appear to be those people who vent their frustration w/ this by attacking reviewers. It goes w/o saying, this is completely inappropriate. A potential customer's willingness to be guided by reviews in gauging the quality of a product is inherently self-correcting. If a person feels misguided by them, they'll simply learn to ignore them.

As for the quality of pc games, due to the economics involved, I think the trends of the past few years, such as games becoming shorter & more "cookie-cutter", are ones which we, as gamers, shouldn't realistically expect to see reversed. It really does seem to be a case of either adjusting one's expectations, or feeling disappointed on a regular basis.

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 18 8:54 AM
Well, as long as you bought it, may as well play it & hope the best...at worst, you'll end up having to request a coupon. However, I see that Martrae has now reported the same bug in the tech issues thread.

Good luck!

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 18 4:34 AM
In comments on another site, people are reporting a game-breaking bug that occurs late in the fifth chapter, whereby a needed item (a scroll) either disappears from, or never enters, one's inventory. Without this item, the main game can't be completed (which of course means the bonus chapter can't be accessed, either).

posted in Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 18 4:43 PM
Based on the demo: I had an okay time playing this, which surprised me, as I didn't expect it to be my cup of tea. I think it was because I found playing it to be fairly effortless; speaking for myself, I found it to be a very straightforward game, in the sense that I had no difficulty figuring out what to do. The HOPs & the graphics overall suffered from being too dark in some places, imo. The collectibles phase in & out; they do so quickly enough that it makes them easier to spot, though some are on the smaller side (there's one in the demo that I could only collect after I cleared an activity adjacent to where it's found). The HOPs, w/ the noted exception regarding the graphics, were varied enough to be enjoyable w/o being anything to write home about. The mini-games were all varieties I've seen before, & none I personally found challenging, so the game flowed well for me in that sense, as I kept quickly moving on to the next thing. There is a gadget, used twice in the demo, which involves playing a mini-game in the form of a puzzle; in the first instance, it was solved by rotating the pieces, & in the second, by moving the pieces around until they were all placed correctly. My playtime was about forty minutes & the Strategy Guide lists six chapters in the main, so I would guess about a four hour game, give or take, plus the bonus play. It may be worth noting that this game was previously released on another site, as is generally the case w/ AM games that come to BF; it's available there w/ the collectibles, but as I understand it, sans the Bonus Chapter & Strategy Guide. I put it on my wish list there, but I would only buy it at a very deep discount (ie, less than the member price for an SE here).

posted in Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 18 4:12 PM
ark161 wrote:I will demo it, seeing as I love Artifex Mundi and their work, then come back and review.

ark161, I don't know if it matters to you (or anyone else, for that matter), but AM is just the publisher, World-Loom are the devs (same devs who do the Lost Grimoires series).

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 4, 18 11:56 AM
Majestyx12, I didn't observe any hint for the dice, either, but I wondered as soon as I came to that puzzle if there might have been a number (part of the address) on the calling card that I had just given to the officer. If so, that was sneaky, & I will definitely examine every item I receive much more closely going forward!!

I liked the mini-game at the end of the first HOP. I started the demo last night, but had to stop right after the dice, so that's all the farther I've gotten. Hopefully I can at least complete the demo today, this game is looking good to me.

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 4, 18 11:24 AM
pennmom, Easter egg hunts are welcome...they did that w/ the ruby boots, too, remember? As long as they're not all over the place, I can live w/ it.

Will await further clarification, then...I was ready for another cup of coffee, anyway.

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 4, 18 10:13 AM
judy76073, I meant to mention that, as well. Every MH game I've demoed recently has some manner of "gadget" (in this case, the tool kit) that does that when you need to use it. I find it annoying, as well, particularly if it starts up the moment I enter a scene. Aside from the fact that I'd like to figure out if I need to use something myself, it's also a distraction 'til you get the darn thing to settle down!!

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 4, 18 10:01 AM
Thanks for responding, Majestyx12 & BearCreekStables. I finally got to play part of the demo last night, so I've seen the morphs in the HOPs. They're the same as were used in the last Vermillion Watch, & personally, I'm glad they kept them. I remember liking the fact that Eipix decided to "shake things up" a little in that regard.

I'm also glad to hear that the morphs are only in the HOPs...I don't like to spend an excess of time looking for collectibles once the game is afoot! I'll wait for the next good sale (don't have two credits just now ), but this looks like a buy for me.

ETA for clarification: I need another credit & a BOGO, so I can get the latest HE, as well. If I'm buying, I might as well stock up!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator