Posts created by NormanFan

posted in Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella Collector's Edition on May 24, 13 12:31 PM
Like you I LOVE all of the games and RRH was actually my 2nd favorite - for me the best was The Exiled Prince...

This current offering was great fun and quite lengthy... Blue Tea for sure always gives you plenty of game for the $$

SPOILER: Based on the teaser in this game (and some gossip) it appears the next game will have to do with Jack and the Beanstalk... no telling what other fairy tale characters will "crop up" in that one, but knowing Blue Tea, it will certainly be a beautifully-rendered and interesting story!

Penny1942 wrote:After replaying this game several times, then going back to Briar Rose down through the Red Ridinghood Sisters have reached the conclusion that Red Ridinghood exceeds ALL of them in graphics, connection with characters, music etc. All of them are of course very entertaining and are replayed frequently with great enjoyment but the Sisters are the best. Will be waiting anxiously for your next offering. Have been poking around on you website and facebook for clues to no avail.

posted in Ghost Whisperer™ on Jul 13, 12 7:22 PM
I tried downloading it twice and both times it said my "trial expired", even though I never got to play the trial at all

I downloaded, uninstalled and downloaded again with the same result.

What now?

Thank you to whoever can help.... and Happy Weekend

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles on Jul 1, 12 3:49 PM
I already uninstalled/reinstalled game and still can't even get into the toolbox - it just keeps making the "clanking" noise when I click on the toolbox.

Too bad, cause I was having a good time up until now... really liked this series but this toolbox thing has stopped me cold and it's just too frustrating at this point.

I will keep checking this thread for any solutions, but right now I'll be moving on to another game until this is fixed.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.....

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles on Jun 30, 12 3:59 PM
betsybobbin wrote:I am doing the demo and have started chapter 2. Can't zoom in on the tool box to get the part for the wires. 8 minutes left on demo and I'm not buying until I can resolve this. I right clicked on the mouse and got a closeup of tool box but not magnifying glass. What's wrong???

Same here - I keep clicking on the toolbox and nothing happens. It's too bad, since this is a really fun series, but this is just too frustrating to purchase and pursue.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 28, 12 9:00 PM
Unfortunately, I can't even start the game at all - after the download it says "Trial Expired". I deleted and downloaded again with the same result.

Any help given is truly appreciated - thank you

posted in The Scruffs: Return of the Duke on Feb 21, 12 8:25 AM
I really loved the first one (still play it now and again!) but had no idea there would be a sequel - what a joyous surprise it was to find one of my favorite families back for more!

This turned out to be all I loved from the first one and even more besides! The addition of the "adventure" style and new puzzles did not get in the way of the charm and wonderful humor that made me love the original - it just made it all the more fun!

I know this is not everyone's , but for those who are longing to get out of the dark creepy mansions/asylums/orphanages/lost towns (and away from the accompanying spiders/snakes/bugs/rats), this game is a great change-up! It can be hard to find some of the hidden items, but the puzzles were neither too hard or too easy - I found them just perfect It also had a built-in strategy guide (that actually remembered where you left off - thank you!) and "concept art"... and was still the regular price Talk about getting your money's worth - I was also able to get it for the Prez Day special, so that was even better!

I finished it in one sitting (not because it's short - it's 10 chapters!) but because I really wanted to see what was up next! The ending also held the promise of more to come, but next time devs.... don't wait so long

Thanks devs and BF - I had the best time in a long time and can't wait for more like this. It just proves you can make a fun HOPA without going to the dark side all the time! Not that I mind the spooky ones - just not all the time. It was a break from the "formula" we've all been getting a bit weary of (lost/dead relatives, dark atmospheres, "car crash opening sequences", etc.) and a totally fun lark!

Now I'm just waiting for a dev to put together a combination Match-3 and Adventure game (and no, I don't mean like Phantasmat - I mean a true Match-3 where you collect inventory items for the Adventure game).... a tough sell I know, but those are my other favorites.... and a girl can dream

posted in Christmas Tales: Fellina's Journey on Dec 20, 11 5:22 PM
Same as the others - white box and blue cursor - nothing else. Kinda disappointed - I was hoping for a not-so-dark game for Christmas fun....

Hopefully they can work out the issue since I can't believe ALL of us have bad systems....

Oh well.... Happy Holidays, all

WOW! That was totally awesome for the devs to do - the things they "fixed" were not really (in my opinion) what I would call "showstoppers" - that is, one could still play the game all the way through even without their changes. I usually think of updates being provided when there are major technical issues in a game that keeps the gamer from playing at all - and often it's like pulling teeth to get the devs to fix even those!

It looks like the folks at Blue Tea really REALLY listened to what the gamers wanted (morphing for all levels and separate sound for voices) and took the time to write a patch to give us what would make us all happy

Considering some games don't even have difficulty levels, good voiceovers (or voiceovers at all!) or nearly the fun and beauty and sheer joy that was this game, Blue Tea has really gone above and beyond to make us happy. Not only did they create a gorgeous and fun game, they also upped the ante by honoring our requests!

Thanks ever, ever muchly, those at Blue Tea - Have a totally wonderful Holiday season - you are true s !!!

posted in 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour on Nov 14, 11 4:26 PM
I was able to download in no time but when I start the trial, I get a screen pop up asking me if I want to "debug". Whether I say Yes or Cancel, the result is the same - I get sent back to the Game Manager with the "Thank you for Playing" screen.

I have played the other 7 Wonders games with no issues and have not had this come up for any other game install for BFG, just this one game. That would make me assume it's the game and not my system, since other games work just fine.

Is there a fix in the works? Or any advice? I have deleted and re-downloaded 4 times all with the same issue.

Thank you!

posted in Tricks and Treats on Oct 29, 11 12:11 PM
I agree with most everyone - cute M3 for the holiday. Graphics are pretty clear, but at one point it was hard to see which block I still had to break, since they're kind of like glass. Music was very repetitive, but not too annoying.

The only reason that I'm not buying is that when you get your gold pieces that you use to decorate the house, they do not carry over from the previous level. In other words, if I finish a level and only have 110 gold pieces (not enough to buy anything), when I play the next level, they disappear and I get only the total I earned on that level. That can make it really tough to purchase anything fun, since you can't accumulate the gold over the levels. Kinda frustrating, since that's something I have seen in almost every M3 I've played and don't understand why it doesn't work here.

Otherwise, this is a pretty fun game for the holiday and something kids will enjoy. Worth a punch credit but I wouldn't use a regular credit on it.

posted in Fairway ™ Collector's Edition on Oct 2, 11 1:42 PM
When I started the demo, I got a solid white screen - the cursor (a golf tee) came up, but nothing else.

I have been able to play every other game on this site (****/Adventure, Match 3, etc) but not this one.

I was also able to play the regular Fairway Solitaire, but this one - no go.

A shame - I really wanted to give this version a try....

Thank you so much, AussieMoo! I can't believe it was that simple (doing my best "I could have had a V8" impression)

Totally grateful - now I can actually finish the game

It's so awesome that you all are so ready to help - I LOVE THIS POND !!!

OK, need help here. I gave the fortune teller the tarot card and according to the guide, I'm supposed to get the last crystal ball. Well, it looked like something was coming from her, but after that flash of light, I still have only 5 crystal balls!!

Is this a glitch? Cause I'm pretty much stuck here and can't go anywhere until I somehow get this crystal ball.

Help??

posted in Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse on Jun 11, 11 6:30 PM

Found the Walkthrough on "another site" and realize I need to get more puppet parts to get the handle.... going back sheepishly to get my dinner and return to game.

Thanks all

posted in Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse on Jun 11, 11 5:54 PM
Help?! I freed the dwarf and the journal says "he gave me the handle to his own door". However, I only got coal - no door handle.... and I'm stuck.

Was I supposed to be given one then? If not, where do I get it?

I'm pretty sure my next move is at the cottage (to attach the handle and move the other ring), but I just can't find/get the handle.

Thanks to whomever can help - I was having fun up 'til now.....

posted in Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition on Jun 9, 11 8:08 AM
Hi - just swimming in with a quick question. Maybe I haven't had enough , but what's an "LFA"? I know most of the other acronyms (FROG, IHog, etc) but I don't remember this one. I'll be DL the demo for this weekend when I have time, but thanks so so much in advance for the reviews - it sure helps when deciding what's worth my time and what isn't!

Thanks (swimming off to work... ) - I love you all!

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock on May 14, 11 11:28 AM
I'm totally with you, Love_my_Husky ! I don't know if you saw my post in the CE forum about the Spider Alert, but it took me 3 weeks to get up the nerve to play past that scene. It was a MAJOR accomplishment for me to work past my biggest fear and I was really proud of myself!

It seems really weird, but I'm disappointed that the SE has been (for want of a better word) "dumbed down". Not sure what else is missing (since I only got into the house when my time ran out), but now I won't know what else I may be missing out on by not being able to afford the CE.

I realize that those of us who can (or choose to) only buy the SE lose out on the extras and Bonus gameplay, but I didn't know that they would also take out parts of the regular game, too !

I'm still going to DL, since the actual story got me interested enough to get past Fluffy in the first place, but it's going to be with mixed feelings.

Enjoy, all!

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock on May 14, 11 11:20 AM
I can't believe I'm going to say this but.... no fair! It took me 3 weeks to get up the courage to play the "Fluffy" scene (since I am a serious arachnaphobe) and now they take it out?!?!

I was so looking forward to this (in a weird sort of way) because getting through the "Fluffy" area was a MAJOR achievement for me, and now it seems like this version has been (for want of a better word) "dumbed down".

Man..... I'm still going to DL and give it a try, but now I feel like something's missing. I wonder how much else they took out of the CE.... I just hope the game's still as challenging as it seemed in the CE.

It's a shame - just because I can't afford CE's right now (coming off of 4 months of disability and 1/2 pay), I hate to think I've missed out on some of the gameplay!

Oh, well - it still may be fun, and that's what we play games for, isn't it?

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition on Apr 23, 11 6:07 PM
I finally did it!!! I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game more than a few times, each time chickening out when I saw Fluffy and her kids. Then, last night I decided to finally play "Briar Rose". I had forgotten the warnings about the mondo-huge spider in that game, and I stumbled onto it. It wasn't really realistic (like Fluffy here) so I was able to kill it.

Once I did that, I decided to bite the bullet and try this one more time. Well, just wanted to share w/all you wonderful supportive fishies - I made it past Fluffy, both in the dark AND in the light )))) Got all the way inside the mansion (past all the little 8-legged freaks on the way) before time ran out.

I have to wait (unfortunately) for the SE since I've been on disability for about 3 months and funds are short. But I have to agree w/most of the reviews - this game is great !!!!!

This may not seem like much to some of you, but for me this is a milestone!

jojo_the_joyful wrote:So, feeding worms to owls is disturbing, yet a man killing 5 wives as in the premise of this game isn't ?

Kinda reminds me of when everyone protested against the tuna fish companies because their nets were catching and killing dolphins (I think they still have "dolphin free" on the cans). However, no one protested the killing of the tuna! Sometimes I wonder if the activism is only geared to the "cute" animals.

I adore animals (not just the cute ones) but feeding worms to owls or fish to cats is only mimicing nature and not what I would call cruelty.

Just my $ .02.....

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator