Posts created by Elsaemerald

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 9:12 AM
I sit down to write with a lump in my throat. But, before the gates are closed forevermore, I wanted to tell you all what this forum has meant to me. Reading all your stories is deeply moving. Thank you for sharing them. All of them.

My love for MC was ignited when I first downloaded the game in January 2016. I was facing a second round of follow up surgery for cancer and wanted some distraction both leading up to the surgery and during recovery afterwards. I had NO idea how truly engaging (read ‘addictive’) this little game would become. I played for many, many months oblivious to this forum’s existence. Until I got stuck. I don’t recall what task had me stopped in my tracks but I thought that there must be other players out there who had successfully faced this challenge before and maybe they posted some helpful hints. A little google search later and, voila! There was THIS forum absolutely chock full of advice. Great, I thought, I’ll sign up and learn from these wonderful mentors. I had never joined a forum before but I thought it would be ok. That was June 22, 2016.

But OH MY! What I found wasn’t just tips and tricks. What I discovered went way beyond ‘helpful’. What I had stumbled on were wonderful, funny, helpful, wise (sometimes a little foolish), folks. Here I found laughter, tears, affection, support and much more. When I was facing another round of surgery I knew my family in the MC Forum would hold my hand and help me through it. You did.

And now we are here facing that final curtain on this particular avenue of connection we have. I am very grateful to Jen and others for our new home at Delphi. But it may take some time for many of us to truly feel at home. And I for one will acutely feel the loss of this one for some time to come.

Thank you all for being here.

In the lovely Edith Piaf’s voice: “Non, je ne regrette rien”

Elsa

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 6:23 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Dark chocolate cognac truffles???? O M G !!!! Must have recipe!!! Please, please?

And for extra decadence the truffles are then hand dipped in dark couverture chocolate. Belgian of course (my grandmother was Belgian).

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 28, 18 8:26 PM
Missed you in the forum lately, my dear friend.
Will you be in Delphi?
You are one of the bestest

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 28, 18 9:35 AM
mamarose, that sounds yummy.
And chocolate is so good for the soul.
I’ll add some handmade dark chocolate truffles. Be careful as they have more than a little cognac in them . Also good for the soul

Elsa

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 11:19 AM
So very well said, whitebutterfly
Will miss you all.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 11:17 AM
Me too, PTG
I hated deleting the messages but want to be on the safe side for all my friends.
Sigh.
Grateful we have the newly minted Delphi forum but will miss one all the same. It was my first forum ever. And you know they say you never forget your first.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 9:20 AM
I like to pair them up too.
But sometimes, just to mix it up, I prairi the avatar with a pet that seems a total mismatch.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 18 8:44 AM
AuntieRoo wrote:If we can find a few more we can turn this into a 2 day party.We can swop battle scars from trying to defeat the Gaming Table opponents etc..At nightfall I will retrieve my hidden stash of Randys honey rum & conjure up a brewing machine for tea.I think the saying is.....LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED.

I’m in.
But could I have wine instead of the honey rum?
I’ll bring some to share.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 26, 18 6:21 AM
Me three. Sigh.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 25, 18 12:57 PM
I've joined a number of friends on Delphi.
Thanks to Jen and others for the Herculean job they did setting the forum up.
Good luck to all wherever you choose to call home.

Elsa

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 25, 18 12:54 PM
New name on Delphi thankfully is the same: Elsaemerald
(my in game names are Elsaemerald and Suziesapphire).

Hope to see you soon in new surrounds.

Elsa

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 7:32 AM
Just took the plunge to Delphi.
It worked seamlessly but I have no idea how to get around.
Site looks great already -- thanks to Jennifer and PTG and others who are working so hard to set it up.

I should show up as Elsaemerald.

Just couldn't let all of you dear folks go off into the ether.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 7:20 AM
Desertdruid wrote:I'm stuck being a Manatee!!! A fat, clumsy Manatee. (No comment on how that correlates to my life! )

I really, really wanted to be a Dolphin. Amazing, beautiful creatures they are.

I LOVE Manatees! Saw them in the Yucatan. A little funny looking but oh so loveable.
I will forever be a clownfish. Not so bad I guess. Though I am very far from being a clown. Hmm, when then do my kids tell me I am silly silly silly

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 11, 18 12:11 PM
AuntieRoo wrote:Well I can assure you GulfCoastGuppy he hasn’t dropped anchor here for many months.Perhaps he only likes blondes or redheads ha ha .

I think he likes to play the field and switch it up.
Nothing for ages and then 3 this past week (redhead here).

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 8, 18 1:56 PM
NO GIFTS NEEDED IN RETURN!

Did I shout that loud enough?

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 8, 18 12:18 PM
Well that’s no fun
I’ll send you an invite from my Suziesapphire game.

Elsa

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 8, 18 11:55 AM
Ros, I have a snowman egg going spare on my Elsaemerald game. And a few other seasonal eggs on both games.
I’ll send you a PM with my ID for my Elsa game and please feel free to send a snowdrop invite for my Suziesapphire game. Speaking of snowdrops we keep having major snowfalls here. A very snowy spring so far.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 18 9:14 AM
I’m with you, Druid, and many others it seems.
Especially on my iPhone game. It is certainly a test in patience. I hate when I tap on an item 4 or more times and the game just ignores my efforts. Sounds like you may have it worse.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 6, 18 9:11 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Dhyani, I recently had an issue with a blood clot & researched natural remedies. Here's the list:
Garlic
Ginger
Tumeric
Cinnamon
Bromelain (pineapple, papaya)
Quercitin (rutin - citrus, apple, onion, buckwheat)
Cranberry, pomegranate
Nattokinase (fermented soy)
Green tea
Dark chocolate
Flaxseed
Nuts
Vitamin C & E
Ginkgo
B6 & B12

Hope it helps you.

That’s great advice, Druid but only IF the docs do not put Dhyani on blood thinners. Then many of those foods and supplements must be consumed with extreme caution. I have been on blood thinners for over a decade and it is a challenging but manageable balance.

I really hope you find a solution, Dhyani, and very soon. You may want to get checked for an autoimmune disease that can cause sticky blood. It’s called antiphospholipid syndrome. In the UK usually called Hughes syndrome.

Very best wishes for getting it sorted. Scary stuff.

Elsa

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 28, 18 5:55 PM
HOORAY!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator