Posts created by karen876

posted in Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon on Jan 23, 15 11:58 AM
I have just purchased this game after playing the demo. It took from 17.20 (5.30pm) until NOW to install the full game (19.55pm) and when I've tried to play it I'm still on the trial version and it's asking me to buy it AGAIN. HELP!!!!

posted in Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus 2 on Mar 20, 11 9:43 AM
From what I understand it seems that you are trying to press the lever for the pedal bin. The ball is actually to the left of there if I remember correctly. Hope this helps.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 11 2:58 PM
I had a problem here but the item that I had to find was a mask that was hidden behind the coffee grinder. I could see it and click on it but nothing happened until the chest lid was closed.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 11 2:54 PM
I think that the instructions could have been a little clearer for some of these. At times I found that, even after reading the "Help", I still had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. I did some purely by chance, others I had to skip. Yet some of them (probably the ones that I did complete by myself, lol) were so easy that they shouldn't have even been called puzzles.
I would have also liked to have seen a "Hint" button available during normal gameplay (not just H0 scenes). I know that we have the inbuilt strategy guide but the few times that I used it I found myself reading lots just to find 1 item that I had overlooked.
Just my opinion!

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 11 2:44 PM
You do not actually find the key to the handcuffs until much later in the game (unless it was just me, lol). Try going somewhere else.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 11 7:19 AM
Use it on the puzzle for the door of the house on struts.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 11 6:55 AM
I was wondering about the length of the game too. I normally judge it by the number of chapters in the SG but as this is unavailable..... *sigh*

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 11 6:50 AM
You have to get into the house that is supported by the struts. Have you checked the puppets hand that is lying on the floor?

posted in Gourmania 2: Great Expectations on Mar 6, 11 9:59 AM
Sorry but this "fix" has not worked. I bought the game after seeing that a new version was available. I am now so sick of replaying the BonBon cafe in France that I could do it with my eyes closed. I did manage to finish Thursday but then the game totally crashed and all progress was lost again.
I am trying one more time and, hopefully, saving after every "star" level. It's such a shame that this game is so glitchy as I was having fun playing but if no other fix becomes available then I will have to ask for a refund.

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 26, 11 12:07 PM
Got it! What a novel use for that item.

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 26, 11 11:27 AM
I'm totally stuck at this part. I have two pieces of the oil lamp. 1 of these is catching dripping oil in the oven. Whenever I click on the part I just get told "there is not enough oil, etc".
There are only two active zones upstairs and the kitchen but I can find nothing to do in either. I haven't opened the rusty box on the stove but I was presuming that I needed the oil for that........... Help!!!!!!!

posted in Gourmania 2: Great Expectations on Feb 22, 11 8:10 AM
I've just trialled this game and was enjoying it (not as good as the original but something a bit different) but it is very buggy. I've been to the forum for this game and the Technical Issues thread outweighs the comments and reviews! Is there going to be a fix so that I can purchase and play this game?

posted in Gourmania 2: Great Expectations on Feb 22, 11 7:44 AM
I would have bought this game but it just freezes on me when I'm trying to clean the sign for the Western Bar. Hopefully there will be a fix for this game soon as there are more comments in the Technical Issue thread than Comments and Reviews.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 18, 11 4:49 AM
I was going to give up on this game but here I am finished.
The best way to get him/her out of the way for hours is at the bottom (southern) end of the lake. I read this on the Dev's forum and hope I can explain it properly.
Release a cloud of butterflies near the rocky outcrop. When the kids come to chase the butterflies grab two of them and place them in the water at either side of the rocks (my kids just "stand" on the water). When the butterflies disperse lure the Rascal inbetween those kids. It must be a glitch but he/she then seems confused as to which kid to chase and becomes "stuck". Being as this is a place where no-one ventures then he/she will not be disturbed and will remain there until you log out of the game.
It does take a little practice but it's well worth the effort.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 17, 11 1:04 PM
Thank you!

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 17, 11 12:33 PM
Sorry, my "cue" button doesn't work . When you hit the Heathen tribe they get the little glow above their heads. Do you have to wait for this to go out before hitting them again?

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 14, 11 3:46 PM
This version is way too hard and so I'm deleting it. With the others I got attached to my villagers and really wanted them to succeed but with this game I find that I really don't care.
I'm sure that you got "hints" with the other games as to what to do but with this one there seems to be none. I find myself skipping between the game and a walkthrough just to have an idea.
No fun = no play. Sorry that I bought it.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 14, 11 6:36 AM
Thanks for the replies . I'll try puzzlingmoms remedy but the bees and the lightning are VERY tempting..... I just want to cause him pain!

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 13, 11 9:54 PM
The Rascal is really beginning to annoy me. Do you ever get rid of him and, if so, how?

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 12, 11 12:00 PM
I am by this but will post what I hadn't done incase it helps anyone else. I hadn't actually picked the flag up after selecting it. I had just assumed that it had gone into my inventory....

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator