Posts created by lostbuttrying

OMG!! This game is horrible! The graphics are horrible, I can't stand it. I actually bought it so I'll have to figure it out at some point But the graphics are so substandard. What happened?

I figured out what the problem was; I didn't complete the last puzzles ( I thought I had) which didn't allow the credits to run. So after doing that, I got the pages I was missing and was able to complete it. Fun game, although the ending was a bit confusing for me. Thanks for you help!

Mr Russ,

Thanks for the response. Please tell me you are not suggesting I have to start over? If you look at the screen shots, I'm missing pages 19 (in the lab) and 31 (at the grave). If I remember correctly, I did check the door first. Of course, I could be wrong.

Thanks Lorelei,

I appreciate your response, unfortunately it didn't help. I even quit the game and restarted it. I still only have 37 pages in my journal. Any other suggestions? Anyone? The game had been great until the end, the ending has been a bust!

The morphing objects are found in the book, the problem I'm having is that after finnding most of them I checked with the walkthrough because I couldn't find the last two. The walkthrough shows two pages in the book (case report) that don't exist. So now I'm wondering what do I do now? Can anyone help?

It's so frustrating. I'll get down to one, and the I'll have twelve.

Can ANYONE explain to me why the morphing objects return so fast? I thought if you couldn't find one, the last object found would return. That doesn't seem to be the case, I've spent several minutes trying to clear a scene of objects I've already found. They keep returning!!

posted in Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde: The Strange Case on Apr 8, 11 7:51 PM
My goodness, this was boring. I've seen the earlier versions of the movie (with Fred March then with Spencer Tracy) so i had hope that somehow this would be an interesting game. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gave it 27 whole minutes! No tea, but a really good glass of red. I can't get that time back!

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Nov 29, 10 5:52 PM
Why oh why did I not take heed ? Why oh why did I not pay attention? Because apparently I'm an idiot! Same problems playing (or NOT playing) as the others on the preceeding 10 pages of complaints. Sent the issue to tech support, we'll see.

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Nov 28, 10 2:19 PM
I also had problems. Not with the demo of the CE version (I suspect it's flawless download was a tease). it took THREE tries for the SE version to download. Once it did, I had no serious problems other than the the slow response and the shortened playing time. What is it with these shortened playing times and the over abundance of CE versions? I enjoyed the game, I considered the problems very minor. I'm concerned if I do use a game credit will I then experience all the problems others have had?

In the process of downloading the demo. Can't wait to get started-love the series-was disappointed when I learned it was only a preview and I wouldn't get a whole hour. But, since I love the series I might break down and purchase the CE version. Something I swore I would never do! BTW; what is up with all the CE versions of games?

posted in Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat on Oct 11, 10 4:21 PM
I'm stuck too. But I'm stuck after repairing the clock. I've inventoried the matchbook. I'm supposed to have a flower to place in the third position to open the door. What flower? it says click on the window, i guess I did that before I was supposed to; but should it matter since I've inventoried the item from that location? What do I do next????????????

Disregard, I'd forotten about the mound of dirt, found the flower! Now I can continue. BTW- so far loving the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted in Deadtime Stories on May 1, 10 5:01 PM
I played the demo-really liked it. Not sure if it's a buy, I'm selfish with the game credits, but did enjoy it and so will you!

posted in Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov? on Apr 17, 10 4:05 PM
Sorry, but I have to disagree. This game is boring, the items are too small, the story line is boring, the graphics are boring, music, also boring. I couldn't finish the demo; too boring.

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Moon Light on Jul 30, 09 5:52 PM
I'm having the same problem. I followed all the instructions, i.e, upgrading videocard, deleting/reinstalling etc. but got nothing. Has ANYONE gotten an answer from BFG about this problem?

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Moon Light on Jul 30, 09 4:18 PM
I'm having the same problem. I followed all the instructions, i.e, upgrading videocard, deleting/reinstalling etc. but got nothing. Has ANYONE gotten an answer from BFG about this problem?

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Moon Light on Jul 19, 09 12:56 PM
I, too, am disappointed. I wish I could say the ending ruined it for me. I have not been able to get out of the castle through the room. So I don't know what other horrors i'm in for. It freezes way too much and it's proving to be an all around failure for me. AND I USED A GAME CREDIT! THAT'S WHAT KILLS ME..............

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child on Jun 5, 09 6:43 AM
I need help. I played the trial and got to the part where I'd just finished the memory potion and received the trinket from the kitchen drawer. After I bought the game, and got to the same point in the game, the trinket disappeared (where did it go????????), can't redo the potion (everything evaporates in the mixing glass) and can't move forward. Help! What should I do-without having to start the whole game over?!?!?!?!

posted in Affair Bureau on Apr 25, 09 6:47 PM
You can stop playing because you've reached the high point of this boring game. Also thank your lucky stars it didn't frustrate you to the point of "killing" your computer. It almost did me.

posted in Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars on Mar 4, 09 12:12 PM
I was looking for a new HO game to purchase. My game credits are burning a hole in my pocket (I was never one for saving). This one looked like it may be my newest acquisition until I read the posts. Didn't try the trial version. Thanks to all of you who saved me from wasting a credit!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator