Posts created by Shawkn

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 28, 18 10:01 PM
I started MC in 2016 when I became very ill and couldn't walk let alone go to work or get out of the house. It became my refuge and took my mind off the pain and the constant feeling of physical weakness. It kept my mind occupied which would have otherwise gone to very dark places while waiting for a diagnosis. I wish I had found the forum when I first started playing but the good news is...I eventually did find it. Though I did not share my personal battle with illness, I took comfort in seeing how those who did were supported and championed by the community. The forum became a place to share humor, support, love and life in general.

Thank you all for being my rock when you didn't know I needed one. That in itself is a gift I cannot repay.

Kate / Sayadina / shawkn...

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 28, 18 9:49 PM
I feel like I am moving out of my "family" home and into a new one. I only hope my MC family comes to visit or maybe even take up residence in the new Delphi neighborhood.

The forum has meant much to me over the years and so much more than the game, itself. The shared wit and wisdom, the love, support, and caring in general has often nourished me when my soul was was hungry.

Love you all, hope we will visit again on the new forum at Delphi and it's not good-bye, it's just relocation.

Kate / aka Sayadina / aka shawkn

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 24, 18 11:02 PM
Hi Again, July...

I didn't mean to ignore your health issue! My bad...my very bad!!!! Sounds painful and probably very hard to get comfortable with the location of the problem. I am glad you will get help with pain management but sad it is going to be 2 weeks before you can see the doctor!!! Yikes! I am sending you gentle {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and lots of prayers. I want to know how you are progressing so that's why I got so side tracked writing about the forum.

BTW, probably a good idea to make a list of your friends with player number, avatar name and forum name. For instance, I am 621136, avatar is Sayadina, forum name is shawkn and of course I am Kate in real life.

Hopefully you will be able to find us all on the new forum.

Kate

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 24, 18 10:44 PM
Hi!!! So nice to hear from you. I am not sure about the different platforms. Obviously, you and I play on a PC. I do know if you change platforms, you will only be able to add friends who play on the same platform. For instance, android to android, etc.

NEWS FLASH! The forum will be shutting down on 04-20-2018. Jenifer (another player and friend) started a new forum site at Delphi Forums. Apparently almost everyone is going to an outside forum to keep the communication going among the MC family. Seems like most folks are going to Delphi. You might want to cruise around the forum before it goes away so you can see what's going on. The game will continue but the forum will be gone.

If you see the subject, "External Links to New Communities Listed Here!" posted by bfgBeruna on 04-20-2018, you can get the links to the different websites for the new forums.

I also sent you a PM.

Kate / Shawkn / Sayadina in game

Also see the post "External Links to New Communities Listed Here! posted on 4/20/18 by bfgBeruna.
External Links to New Communities Listed Here!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 23, 18 7:00 PM
I can't deny I will miss you and The Gent. . We've been friends for quite some time and I will hate not seeing you on my friends list anymore, sharing gifts, seeing you on the forum, etc.

Wishing you well in the future and hope you and The Gent enjoy whatever it holds.

Kate / Sayadina

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 11:37 PM
You can also put them on your wish list.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 18 5:02 PM
Won 3 in a row...RARE for me.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 19, 18 4:04 PM
welshrarebit56 wrote:
Gen_1236 wrote:
Wait... didn't she run off and start a Shirley Bassey tribute tour?

HEHEHEHEHE, I tried, but the cling film dresses don't fit anymore, I looked like the Michelin Man

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

That's okay...if I'm in the sun too long I start to smell fat burning.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 4:05 PM
Lambchop_1 wrote:
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:Lambchop! I don't think I've seen you post before! Love the name. I was an avid watcher of the Shari Lewis Lambchop Show!! Ah, the memories!! Thank you!!

Tks Sharp Eye. Glad to send you down memory lane

My Dad nicknamed me Lambchop when I was little so I use it for gaming. It did come from the Shari Lewis show (aren't we showing our age ) because her puppet was a lamb and I had a stuffed lamb (instead of a teddy bear) named Lammy. I used to post on Dark Manor, but only occasionally on Midnight Castle. I just enjoy reading and trolling the forum.

Me, too! I actually had the Lambchop hand-puppet, too. You can still buy it, believe it or not!!! My big, 100lb. German Shepherd had the doggie chew toy version of it and he loves it. Never chews it...just snuggles up to it. BTW...I was a Captain Kangaroo fan, too.

Kate

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 4:00 PM
I am going to Delphi. I have used the site before on another forum so it was a logical migration for me. I will be joining this weekend.

Thank you again, Jen, for making this possible!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 17, 18 3:55 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:
amina046 wrote:Auntie Roo you took thhe words out of my playbook
I agree and second everything you said, especially about the moderators!
Thank you all

Ditto to what Roo and amina said!!

Put me down as a cheerleader, too!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 17, 18 3:53 PM
Gen_1236 wrote:
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:
Gen_1236 wrote:
I already have a membership at Delphi forums.

Setting up a forum is easy.

Cheers,

Jenifer

This would be awesome! And, since you already know how to do all this stuff, perhaps you'd be the host?

Ada

Happy to host.

It will take me a day or two to create it.

And we would need special permission from mods to create a link.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Jen...that would be incredibly generous of you to get this going. Looks like I'll be back on Delphi again after all!

I would hate to lose touch with all the wit , wisdom , wailing , and wonder found on the forum. Though I have never "met" any of you...I feel like we are friends who share more that just "stormin' the castle". Life events, holidays, etc. and on and on. Let's keep us together!

Kate / shawkn / Sayadina in game

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 14, 18 9:28 PM
I sent her an e-mail letting her know how much everyone is thinking of her, your condolences and that she is missed. I know she appreciates all the thoughts and prayers and sharing personal experiences some of you have had with the loss of a spouse.

You are good people.

Kate

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 14, 18 9:25 PM
Two DQ of Bunnies, Chicks & Mice. One DQ of Lords, Ladies & Creatures. Yikes! 27 carrots but the good news is that I got all 20 energy balls for this 24 hour cycle because one comes with each character until you reach 20.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 14, 18 9:12 PM
Kudos and well done!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 14, 18 8:57 PM
Thank you for sharing such great news!

I know from experience that you can never "replace" a cherished cat like Artie. The best you can do is get another one and love and appreciate Coni for who she is.

I have three rescued cats and like AnnaDownes, Uli was 12 and orphaned after his owner passed. When we picked him out at the shelter, we also took Cooper home. He is our gangsta cat as he came with a rap sheet for biting. One more bite and he would have been put down so of course we had to take him. They came home to Ezra (giant Maine Coone who moved himself in with us when his owners abandoned him and we already had Asher...my big gray cat. Add to the mix, Reggie, who we have been fostering for a co-worker since June and we now have 5 cats living here in harmony. I don't know if it's because they are all boys or adopted as older cats, but after "quarantine" for illnesses, the cats pretty much just accepted one another from the beginning each time we brought one home. They all have their unique relationships with one another. Guess we were lucky? Oh...and I can forget the 100 lb. German Shepherd they all live with who treats them like a strange looking puppy litter.

Don't worry too much and I am sure it will all work out. Sometimes the best companion for a cat is another cat as they can do cat things together and save the humane stuff for us. Once they figure out no one is a threat and that there are good times to be had with each other...it will be great!!!!

Kate

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 14, 18 2:15 PM
Thanks once again, Ada:

I know that sleeping is important but I sure hope he eats enough. Food is what will build his strength up over the long term. Maybe at least getting him to drink something like Ensure might help? He'd probably hate the suggestion but I worry about him recovering his strength and ability to heal.

Love and hugs, Randy!!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 13, 18 9:38 PM
1457051 wrote:Has anyone heard from Susie? How she is doing? I know it has to be so hard.

I have heard from her and she is still coping with the reality of it all. Please continue to offer her support, love and the companionship of the forum. She is so deserving of our prayers.

Kate / Sayadina

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 13, 18 9:35 PM
I guess wearing those ruby slippers and clicking your heels together 3 times while repeating, "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME", worked!!!!

So glad you are home and I am sure Donna is celebrating.

Kate

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 13, 18 5:40 PM
Irises collected. Thank you my friends for all the help.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator