Posts created by menora

posted in Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween on Nov 2, 14 9:53 AM
I can't remember where you get the paper from. I think you cut a sheet out of a book and then you have to cut it again so you have a small piece which the menu is written on. You give the menu to Lemuel and he asks you to sort out the mess on the tables. The church pass key is there and you can take it once you have sorted the items appropriately

posted in Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess on May 21, 13 2:32 AM
Unusually for me I gave up after about ten minutes. Too many HOS for me with too many items to find that were blurry, not interactive, often tiny and in junk piles. Add to that a long time to switch in and out of the HOS and irritating chatter from Vida and the ferret. The voices were quite well done but just made too many unnecessary comments. This game looks beautiful but I found no pleasure in playing it.

I agree with every other review so far. Very simple game but not very logical. Great for a child but especially as the hint and skip buttons fill so quickly but not really anything there for me. I'll be giving this a miss

posted in Legacy Tales: Mercy of the Gallows Collector's Edition on May 14, 13 12:21 AM
I had exactly the same thing happen to me. Was so pleased when I saw your message about the shovel reappearing if you left the game

posted in Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two on Apr 13, 13 7:01 AM
If you pick up everything you can and trade whenever possible you usually get someone else to talk to.

posted in Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two on Apr 2, 13 3:23 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one suffering. Obviously someone has it in for us in the UK today

posted in Mysteries of the Mind: Coma Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 12 1:34 AM
Just had a go at the trial and gave up after 5 minutes. I've always wondered why other people said story put them off but this one showed me why. I've not recently lost a family member but the saccharine sweet, guilt trip story line was enough to put me off this game completely. Not only did she not visit her mother much but apparently allowed the house her mother lived in to fall apart as well. Mother looks about 70 so she is probably in her 30s yet her old doll and rusted bike for a 3 yr old are by the sandpit in the backyard, did none of her family ever tidy things away?
Sorry but everything about this game was just too illogical and I had to rant somewhere but didn't feel it was fair to the developers to review based on the 3 minutes I played

posted in Sylia - Act 1 on Sep 26, 12 4:37 AM
Got it, thanks for the help

posted in Sylia - Act 1 on Sep 26, 12 3:22 AM
I can't get the code. I have Nestor but all I get when I go to clocks is comments from cat and sheep

posted in Skyborn on Jul 5, 12 1:58 PM
I got lost too. I only got out when I realised there was an exit in the top left hand corner of one of the screens where the sun glare is.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel on Jun 16, 12 11:09 AM
I sorted the problem by dismantling the puzzle, leaving the bathroom then coming back in and starting again. Everything is now working but no idea why it froze before.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel on Jun 16, 12 10:54 AM
I'm having problems draining the bath. The pipes are all in position but nothing is happening. I've checked my solution against the walkthrough and it is correct but no amount of clicking around the bath seems to have any effect

posted in Between the Worlds II: The Pyramid on Mar 3, 12 9:27 AM
I'm not sure why all the early reviews were so bad. I really enjoyed the adventure start and the HO scene was really unusual and until I asked my assistant for help I really wasn't getting it. Having said that once I understood what was going on this was a game that really made me have to use my brain and the puzzles were straightforward once you worked out what to do. I think I will probably buy this game simply because it is so unusual.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 12 11:32 AM
Like several other reviewers I found the comments when you found an item obvious and irritating, Particularly when I had found where to use an object well before the comment about looking out for somewhere to use it. I found the gameplay very simplistic and on at least two occasions had problems using interactive objects, I even once referred to the strategy guide only to find I had been doing the right thing all along. I also found the story uninteresting and illogical so this is a definite no buy for me even as a DD.
Good points - strategy guide available in the demo. Nothing to do here hint did not cause the hint to need recharging.
I found the gameplay far too obvious but may just be getting bored with this genre.
For those of you who like your games straightforward you may enjoy this. I'd always recommend you try the demo for yourself anyway (Unless the reviews really do agree on how bad a game is - something that rarely happens )

posted in Be a King: Golden Empire on Dec 6, 11 1:51 AM
It does say in one of the tutorial windows that resources over a building will increase the output for that building. There is a lot of information but you don't have to do everything first time through. If this is like the other Be a King game you can replay getting a better game with each time through. It's a definite buy for me but I agree the tutorial is not as clear as in the original game.

posted in Fated Haven: Chapter One on Oct 20, 11 3:07 AM
Love RPGs and have just finished the demo. Only difference I can see from the other RPGs I have played is that you can choose which aspects of your characters you want to develop as you level up which I think is a great improvement.
If you have played other RPGs from big fish you won't really need the tutorial other than to find out that you can choose what to level up, that one point improves health by 25 and that you need lock pick ability to open some chests but all characters can get this ability at levelling up.
That said levelling up seems to come quite rapidly at first and I really loved that you can go into a house where there appears to be nothing but you can get a hint that you need to come back later (if you click on the right item). Also when you are moving around and see something you want to get to but are not sure how to get there if you click on it the characters find their own way there
Overall I loved this game so far and will definitely buy but probably not before next month (unless Big Fish come up with another 5 games I want to buy before the end of the month )

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Oct 18, 11 3:47 AM
I love adventure games but this one is no good for me as the objects are just too small to find. I only got as far as the artist's lodgings and used up all three hints before finding the key to the glass case in the garden. I've searched and searched but no luck so I'm giving up, a pity because it looked like it might have been a fun game

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Oct 18, 11 3:42 AM
I had this problem too. You have to actually do what the tutorial tells you i.e click exactly where the cursor is pointing and you get a box of matches. it's a bit annoying as you actually have to use up one of your hints when it tells you to even if you don't need it

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter on Oct 11, 11 9:56 AM
I really loved this game. I found some of the minigames a bit hard and had to skip them because I have limited patience But loved the maps and the fact you could skip around from place to place and character to character. Didn't realise until about 3/4 of the way through that items were highlighted when they were with the right person. Duh!! Had to resort to the walkthrough twice when I couldn't work out what to do next but found it was only because I had missed hotspots earlier. Had hours of fun out of this game and will definitely buy the sequel, I just regret having missed the first

posted in Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal on Oct 9, 11 2:23 AM
I bought this game because I liked it at first but am beginning to get annoyed at the number of tiny things you need to find in the later chapters and am skipping through using hints quite a lot. It is a good game but if you don't like using the magnifier a lot it might not be for you

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator