Posts created by OrionsRose

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 1, 13 1:53 PM
I had this happen too and it seemed to have to do with the position of the couch (had no bed at that time). Moved the couch, problem solved, babies came. Maybe the bed is just slightly off where the game wants it to be.

I've never had perfume work in the previous game (or this one when then couch was still wrong), I'll have to try again since it's working for others.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 1, 13 1:50 PM
I am so happy that in this game you can have more than one pet too! I hated having to give up my current one for the next one in the previous game. I won't be getting all of them but I'm excited to collect all the ones I want - mostly cats, crazy cat lady here too! I am finding that multiple pets does complicate things a little with regards to sleeping. I currently have 2 dogs and a cat and they all piled into bed with the 3-year-old who must have felt so crowded he jumped up and climbed into the next bed to sleep.

I think it's cool too, how the breed acts true to form. I have to assume this was intentional and not some weird glitch. My lab wants to be hanging out with the people way more than the other pets and that's so true of labs. And the puppy and kitten are always staying together - very cute. I agree with you, I wish I could name them too!

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 28, 13 7:20 PM
That used to work in VF1 but I've had a couple that would just never quit arguing until I finally gave up because they were so exhausted. It really wears them out to argue I've found so be a bit careful there. No amount of trying to help them get together was working...I ended up adopting in desperation. I love that we've got that option now!

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 28, 13 2:36 PM
There is a head chart (find it the same way you would have in VF1), however, I found that only 1 of my 4 kids actually fell into the proper placement between their parents so I'm guessing they must have changed that feature to have more diversity. I was disappointed, personally.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 27, 13 11:51 PM
Something else that's seriously wrong...the sleeping arrangements once you get double beds! The previous game never had that issue, I'm surprised this one does.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 25, 13 9:59 PM
You are not alone at all! In fact, I pretty much agree with everything you said. The adult male I got appears to prance everywhere (it doesn't help that his outfit appears to have high-heel wedge shoes) and when I first went to buy him new clothes I actually mistook the male outfit for female because it was so feminine looking. I don't mind some diversity but this was off-putting.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 24, 13 12:17 PM
Hate to tell you gran49 but there's not all that much that's truly new. Most of the people and the outfits are just redesigns of the first VF game. If you compare the images of this game and the previous, they are fairly the same (much to my disappointment when I compared them). I'll grant you though, that the redesigning does make them different enough to appear sort of new if you aren't too familiar with the previous game or hadn't viewed the images.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 23, 13 4:21 PM
Everything on my computer is completely up-to-date, thank you anyway.

Not sure if this is a technical issue/glitch or just a weird little amusing thing but I bought a second couch for the office (so the growing family would have enough places to sleep) and turned it around so the couches were facing each other. Every time I'd try to get the parents to "make a baby" they went to that new couch and every single time the mom would walk away part-way through and there'd never be a baby. As soon as I could, I repaired another room and moved the couch and the problem was solved. The parents went back to the first couch to procreate and every time they get a baby.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 23, 13 4:12 PM
I just got a boy with a mullet and skull t-shirt...**sigh** He's quite destructive so far too. Guess he's going to be my "problem child."

Not that the previous game had such adorable people but ugh, these new people are so...yes...homely.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 23, 13 4:08 PM
A note though about that, in VF1 this was usually the case and I'm noticing it with VF2 as well...the woman is most often the higher earner and despite always going for 6 kids with each family I've often had the women advance at a very high rate and therefore surpass her husband financially in spite of caring for the children. So really, I believe you can choose whichever gender you'd prefer to start with and still have success. I agree though about choosing someone with a decent bank balance and earning potential early on or it will take forever.

Also, with regards to the collectables, if they are ones to sell you don't have to wait for the person to get all the way to the computer. Just give them a second to actually pick the collectable up and then as they start walking to the office, just pick them up again. The collectable will disappear but you'll have the money for it. This is particularly useful if there are several collectables laying around and not enough idle people (never use someone who's working unless they are the only person you have) to collect them.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 23, 13 3:57 PM
To get them really consistent at working on their career, I learned this trick about a year ago from the dev's website forums and it's worked like a charm for me...

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler but I'll make it invisible (hightlight to read) just in case:
Put them to work, praise them twice with the green hand, give them a candy or fruit reward, then praise them twice more. Occasionally, they will run from too much praise but just put them back to work and do this praise cycle a couple times and they should eagerly work for the rest fo their lives. But be warned, they end up workaholics!

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 21, 13 4:39 PM
This is a very minor issue in the scheme of things but the career progress bar doesn't sit properly in it's section. It drops below it. The sections for health, etc. fit just fine (and they all looked right in VF1) so I know the career bit isn't supposed to look the way it does.

I also have a cursor with a little bit of a mind of it's own, though not as bad as others have mentioned.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 21, 13 1:34 PM
I own every PC game this dev has made so I basically knew what to expect and was awaiting this game for a long time. I was impressed with some features like being able to change decor and fix up the house as time goes on so I did buy it though I'm disappointed in it for a few reasons.

I just expected so much more after waiting so long for this game to come out.
I am constantly surprised in this age of widescreen everything that so many new games still aren't being made for widescreen computers. I realize many still don't have them but there should be some provision in these games for the widescreen user...black bars are no longer good enough.
I was stunned at how much of this game was simply a carry-over from the previous and in some cases not even as well done. I know it's a small company and these things take a lot of time but those of us who play their games have seen all this same stuff so much we resort to modifications just so we don't have to look at certain things forever.
Which, ironically, leads me to my next complaint about changing the one thing they really shouldn't have...the look of the people! This dev's characters have a very specific look...in every single game they've made. I found it very disconcerting that the little characters now look...well...wrong. They remind me of other simulation games but not of the previous "Virtual" games that all set the stage for this one. I always found that continuity comforting somehow so I'm not liking that change at all.
Lastly, the cursor...anyone happy here?! Mine actually "works" unlike some people's, it seems, but boy is it annoying how careful you have to be about not going off the edges of the screen or it jumps back to center. Add to that, while trying to be careful, the game often doesn't acknowledge your choice because it isn't in the exact right place it thinks your cursor should be.

Sadly, despite how long it took to get this game out, it feels rushed. It doesn't feel up to par when compared to all their other games which have largely been excellent.

In the long run though, I'll likely enjoy the game and so will others who have enjoyed this dev's other games so I will recommend it but hope the devs take note of some of the concerns their loyal fans have.

posted in Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition on Mar 16, 13 5:01 PM
I'm on my second go-around with this game since I wasn't able to get this achievement on my first round of the game (laptop touchpads and jerky, slow cursors don't make this one very easy) but despite repeatedly getting the HOG scenes in well under a minute (I have an excellent timer to make sure) I'm still not getting this achievement.

So this begs the question...is it a glitch or is there some other reason I'm not getting it? For instance, can you even fill in your missing achievements if you play again with the same profile? Do you have to be playing a different difficulty? What am I missing here?

posted in Farmscapes on Mar 5, 13 1:36 PM
Just got this game yesterday so needing a new build should no longer be an issue as it's about 2 years old. Whenever I'm in the garden scenes the screen flickers occasionally. I should say, I have a widescreen monitor and of course the game shows fullscreen but it has some wood or something on the sides instead of black bands. This is the area that flickers. It's very annoying.
Also, it keeps not saving whatever I did in the previous 5 minutes so I keep having to replay the same stuff like looking for glasses, etc. I thought maybe this was only happening if I exited right after doing these things but I tried playing another level of the game thinking that would force it to save but it still didn't work. Also annoying.

posted in Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess on Feb 20, 13 9:38 PM
Unless the makers of the delightful Royal Envoy series has changed their names this is most definitely not the same devs! And while it might have it's own merits as a game, I'm frankly shocked that BFG would distribute such a blantant rip-off! Unfortunately, it's happened all too often and BFG continues to be party to it. Some hard-working devs come up with something unique in the game world and before long it's been completely ripped off. I guess this happens with everything though and it's a sad reality in the world of products. This left an especially bad-taste in my mouth however as it's graphics were virtually identical to the Royal Envoy series (thought not quite as polished looking once you get playing) so it felt like it was deliberately meant to fool us gamers. I did demo it since I had no way to know it wasn't the devs I was expecting until I was already trying it. I didn't last long. It's confusing and not at all charming. Frankly, that's the devs own fault. They've tried to copy Royal Envoy so much that you expect it to be as good and fluid in it's gameplay and concept but it's just not. Won't waste my money on a dev that just rips off another better one.

posted in New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 2 on Feb 20, 13 2:37 PM
Add me to the list of people who have to click everything multiple times just to get an action to work. Also my achievements don't all work either. This can't just be a problem of our individual computers but of course that's what we're always told when the devs can't be bothered to make sure things work and we have to demand a fix. Pity because it could have been a fairly enjoyable game otherwise.

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Feb 10, 13 1:00 AM
No prob! I know how it feels to "kill a post" I didn't want you to be left hanging.

Seems everyone's hint systems are quite different, like you noticed, this can even happen within the same game or series by the save devs. A bummer, I agree.

Hopefully whatever you play next will be more enjoyable for you.

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Feb 8, 13 9:55 PM
If you have the discipline not to stare and memorize the solution then the Strategy Guide is usually good for "a gentle nudge in the right direction." Many puzzles that were frustrating (like the hardest green/red tile ones) had me scratching my head too but the SG (if you got the CE) or the walkthrough (if you got the SE) allowed me to take just a very quick peek to finally help me go in the right direction with a puzzle. I didn't want to know the whole solution so I didn't linger on the picture but most times this was just enough to get me started and allow me to figure out the rest after the first move. No need to spoil it completely for yourself if the hint is a full solve.

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Feb 6, 13 12:13 AM
I completely agree! I have absolutely loved the Awakening series but this one has driven me crazy. And that's playing on Relaxed mode! I'm no slouch when it comes to IHOGs, and adventures like this but this one was ridiculous. Not so much fun this time.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator