Posts created by nantyglyn

posted in RealMYST on Jan 21, 11 6:01 PM
WOO HOO!

I'm reliving my past! Although it takes awhile to get used to the 360 movement, and the game is grainy even on my 17" laptop, it's still a blast! If anyone is looking for me this weekend, you'll know where to look for me - in Myst. Good thing my aging brain doesn't remember much about the game.

Yes, it's the same game as some of us played many years ago, and it plays just fine on my 6 1/2 year old machine running XP.

Let the fun begin!

posted in RealMYST on Jan 21, 11 11:06 AM
BUMP to keep spreading the word that MYST is here!!!!! I know what I will be doing all weekend - reliving old memories, although the original one is not 360°. I hope I can handle that. DD and I, when she was in junior high, spent many long hours bonding, playing the original. She's grown up and on her own now, but I can't wait to tell her about it.

YAY!!!

posted in Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor on Dec 29, 10 10:27 PM
I got the "Thank you for playing the demo" message, thought "Huh?", but then the message went away by itself and the demo continued for the full hour. It looks like something (maybe from beta testing?) didn't get completely removed.

LizzieK, that is quite some speculation you've concocted! I love it!

Now what I need to do is go back to the Ravenhearst tales and see how the young girl sent to England fits in with that tale. I don't remember much of the details of the story.

Here's what wrote in the "Fishie of the Day" thread:

To our Rainbow we say
Today is your day!
A poet I'm not
But your poems hit the spot.

So Congratulations, Rainbow!

As you can see, I'll never be a threat, Rainbow. Congratulations - you deserve it!

Rainbow, you are AMAZING - all you have going on, and you still have time for writing poems. I am in awe. Not just writing poems, but wonderful poems. Especially loved the Gun Control!

Mchicspic, I just know you'll get everything worked out, and will settle down soon. Just the right house is out there for you. And another job. I wish I knew of something! Fishies, a few of us have met mchicspic, and we can personally vouch for her. She's top-notch and deserves the best.

Mouldmom, I'm originally from New Jersey, and my family still lives there, so I'm behind you 100%. Why do politicians have to be so ornery?

I didn't visit this thread last night because I was determined to finish the game a second time. I did, with all the achievements! YAY ME! But I was so wiped out that I had to go to bed. Earlier in the day, DH and I had to do some shopping at the hardware store. So, I said to him that I would start walking (to get some exercise) and he would catch up with me and drive me the rest of the way. Wouldn't you know it - he drove right past me (I saw him as he drove by). He never saw me! Me, in my purple coat! So I wound up walking for 1 1/2 hours until I got to the store. He did phone my cell when he couldn't find me at the store, but by then I was almost there and just walked the rest of the way. Sheesh!

I STILL don't have my Christmas stuff out. Those pilgrims in my dining room are looking a little sad right now. So off I go - I'll be back after I make some progress.

mchicspic wrote:
I also got to meet another big fan (Pippi's co-owner) of the old b/w movie "The Women". Sorry for overwhelming you with that, nanty!

No problem, mchicspic. It's always great to meet a kindred spirit. And I needed a refill on the wine, anyway.

Ditto what Chrietzb said. Just got back. Great time! Big Fish really knows how to throw a party! Loved meeting Chrietzb, mchicspic, emmyjayne, AnnBy, IncrediblyViolet - did I miss anybody? And of course Picman and the AWESOME team who created the game. And it was fun to see the actors in person. Recognized most of them immediately. Even Pippi was there! We all got lots of pics. Hopefully BF will put some of theirs on the blog so everyone can see them. Oh yes - great Cajun food too. And 13th Skull posters, which everyone signed.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Big Fish!

mchicspic wrote:Also, sorry for being AWOL.

The hubs and I are looking for a new place to live *and* my contract isn't being extended, so I'm looking for a new job at the same time.

*And* it's practically Christmas.

*AND* I'm feeling a wee bit stressed out.

so... there you have it

But we have the PAAARRRRRty to look forward to tonight, right? That should cheer you up a little, I hope!

I'm IN for the COOTER FOR PREZ campaign. If he's at the party I'll have to discuss it with him.

Now I'm about to continue round 2 of my playing the game. Got a little ways yesterday, but was too tired. I have a couple of hours before bedtime and want to try for the 4 clicks in 2 seconds. I've been warming up my fingers. And gotta search for those crowns and insignias...... I may never get to the games I got at the game sale this weekend!

So many games, so little time.........

So much has gone on in this thread. Belated congrats to all those who have had celebrations while I had my head buried in the swamp. Now I need to play again, this time to get all the crown insignias. Can I just skip some of the puzzles this time around, since I already have the achievement for no skips? It won't go away, will it? I can get through much, much faster if I skip the ones that took me forever.

And I love rainbow's poem!

bombaa27 wrote:Has anyone heard from mchicspic? Are they still having the launch party? I remember Emmyjayne also got ticket.....not positive on the others...Nantyglyn? cdzieal?

I'm here. The party is rescheduled for Wednesday Dec. 1. I haven't heard anything from Big Fish since it was postponed, but I'm sure it will still be on. Some of the actors were supposed to be there last week. I hope they will be there this week. It will mean so much more to meet them after we've played the game.

I've been staying away from here until I finished the game, which I just did today. I'm a really slow player, but I refused to skip any of the puzzles, and some took me quite a while. I'll be back after I take care of one little chore.

i had trouble with this one, too. I knew what I was supposed to do, but I just couldn't get any dialog after the first one. I couldn't even "drop" the glass and leave the puzzle. I was ready to ctrl/alt/del out of the game. Finally somehow I did manage to drop the glass and get out of the puzzle. When I went back in it worked better - took me awhile to get all the dialogs, but I did get them. Just try to leave the puzzle, then get back into it. It might work better the second time.

Thanks, Lady_Cav. I was pulling my hair out on that one. I just couldn't make it work. But you explained it perfectly. It wasn't easy to do, but I finally got it.

Hi, CplDave. I'm one of the nine "Big Fish Babes". We met on the forum for Madame Fate when the forum was still in beta. There were only a few people on the forums at that time. We continued to communicate with each other outside of the BF forum when the forum expanded to lots of people. In July 2009 we all met in Seattle (from all over the country). Big Fish was wonderful to us. We toured their offices, tested games, met Picman, Jeremy, and all the people who work for Big Fish. But most of all we met each other in person and became good friends. We all convened in Seattle again in the summer of 2010. Big Fish was again so good to us. We actually saw part of this game in development (but our lips were sealed!).

We still keep in touch with each other. It's wonderful. And we owe it all to Big Fish and Madame Fate (isn't that a coincidence that it was Madame Fate?)

I'm only a couple of hours into the game, but I want to thank Big Fish for what is, for me, a first rate game. I am thoroughly enjoying it. The puzzles are challenging, but not impossible. I love them!

I went into this game with no expectations. I just wanted to be surprised and enjoy the game for whatever it was. And so I am having a lot of fun with it. It may not be perfect, but it's obvious that a tremendous amount of work went into it. And I am getting a tremendous amount of fun out of it.

So, thank you Big Fish developers!

I just have to jump in here to add my comments. I've only played about 2 hours, so I have a long way to go. But I love the game. I think the beginning was a little slow, to set the storyline, but after all the initial dialog the game is moving right along. I love the puzzles - challenging, and a little different. I think the game needs to be played beyond the demo to get a good idea of what it's like.

I'm loving it so far. I've just gotten to the wine cellar puzzle.

Happy Thanksgiving, US fishies! I've just snuck up to my computer to uninstall and reinstall to get past the glitch. I haven't gotten that far yet, but I want to be ready when I get there. Just put my turkey in the oven - it hadn't thawed! So I spent a lot of time running cold water over it. Now I'm taking a short break, but the sides still need to be prepared. One DD is helping - invaluable. The other hasn't arrived yet.

I can't wait to get back to the game. I love hearing that you are enjoying it. I know it will be so much fun. I just had to check in to get my "13th Skull fix".

Back later - or tomorrow - to add my two cents.

It sure is good to be in a positive thread. I didn't get too far into the game - not as far as the "glitch". I was too busy with Thanksgiving preparations. Tomorrow, after the feasting is done, I see that Avatar is on HBO. I never did see it, so I'll probably catch that. SO - Friday is my day to drown myself in 13th Skull. And all the glitches will be worked out by then.

I enjoyed what I did play. It may not be the perfect game - too much "hand-holding", cheesy acting (which I think is part of the charm), etc. But it is what it is, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Take my time and soak it all up.

EmmyJayne - my street is still iced in, too. Good thing I had my shopping done. See ya Wednesday!!!!

mhatfie wrote: (the man in the opening scene sort of reminds me of Dr. Oz).

mhatfie, I thought the same thing when I played the beta.

Just downloaded. Having trouble "activating" - not the first game this has happened to. I may have to restart my computer.

I just want to say that this is just a game, folks. I'm not going to complain about the acting. This is not a movie up for an Academy Award. If some of the acting is a bit cheesy - that makes it all the more fun, in my opinion. I did think that there was a little too much "hand holding", but that won't stop me from enjoying what the game does have to offer. I'm not going to complain about what the game lacks. Junkpile H0s? So what? I'm going to appreciate all the work the devs did (which was monumental) and let myself be sucked into the world of the bayou. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. It may not be a perfect game. So what? I'm going to have fun with what it does have.

Not everyone has to agree with me. But having played the beta, I know there is a lot there to have fun with. And that's what I'm going to do.... if I can just get it to activate.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator