Posts created by jorob716

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 11, 09 5:55 AM
I have a new generation started on my 3rd family. Ryan, the dad, acts goofy . . . when I green glove him for something I go back 5 minutes later (seriously, timed it)and he is still standing in the same spot, still waving at me. I have to pick him up and move him a little to get him going again.

Anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it? Think I might need to e-mail technical help or something??

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 11, 09 5:51 AM
After so many deaths, I wish I could e-mail them back with condolences, etc. Also, wish I could bring big sister or brother back home from college after the death. Oh well, like some say, I could play Sims.

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 11, 09 5:43 AM
I had the same thing happen. Adopted a little boy when the Mom and Dad were 60 and 61. When they passed away, I was worried about the little boy not eating but he "heated up food" and did just fine. Even though he couldn't put up the food, prepare meals, etc. He should be going off to college when I open my game today so I will have to start a new generation.

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 3, 09 1:09 PM
Thanks bunches. I'll search your '66 and still kicking' and maybe can eliminate this happening again. She was a "good mom." Her husband died today at 66. Left a 15 year old at home alone. I had to quit the game earlier and now he is 17. Guess it won't be long he will be in college and I'll have to pick a next generation. He has 2 other brothers!

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 2, 09 8:57 AM
Liliania had a headache when I first opened my game a few minutes ago. I bought the headache medicine, she became elated again and waved at me and went to the kitchen to prepare a meal. She was 56 years old.

I made a run around the yard and had Marc, their 12 year old pick up collectibles and pull weeds. When I came back to see if breakfast was finished, there was a pot on the stove but no Liliania. I looked, she was on the bed and she was waving goodbye. SHE PASSED!

Fed them organic food, relaxing when they wanted . . . one adopted child who is now away at college, one son of their own, 12 years old. Kent her husband is 59 and also elated.

Must of had a brain aneurysm or something. I can't get over the shock!!!!!!!

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN? As you can tell, I am in total shock. I loved this little family. However, the other night a couple in my #3 family, I deleted them as they were 56 and 54 and would never have a baby and all the arrogant, lazy jerks wanted to do was work out and watch tv and listen to sounds of nature. They only had $2,000+ after all those years.

posted in Virtual Families on May 28, 09 8:49 PM
I'm on 5 families. One is 2nd generation that their only child just left for college. Tried and tried to have another child, baby booster, etc., nothing. I had something happen today that I've not had happen. On one of the new couples I was trying to make a baby and they just kept embracing and walking off from the other one. Finally they went to try to make a baby and the man just climbed off the bed and not even a "nothing" came on the screen. When I tried to get them to make a baby again, they told me in no uncertain terms, "It's too soon to try to make a baby again!!"

I thought that was cute as I had never had it happen before.

posted in Virtual Families on May 28, 09 8:43 PM
Thanks, everyone. She fixed the hose by herself. I had her begin to wash her hair. Had already placed the tape next to the hose and then quickly placed her on the hose . . . she fixed it.

I now have her up to . . . a little bit blue. I will try to get her a husband tomorrow, maybe that will bring her up to happy. I also took your advice and place her all over the place in the workshop and finally found the career spot. She is now advancing along pretty well. I had to insist she work a lot as it always said she was depressed and she would just walk to the front steps and just sit with her head down. I would immediately move her to do something productive. She is better thanks to your advice.

posted in Virtual Families on May 28, 09 8:38 PM
I have a single woman, had her wash her hair, had the tape already outside next to the hose and as soon as the water started for her to wash her hair I quickly moved her to the hose and she repaired it.

posted in Virtual Families on May 28, 09 8:33 PM
I just figured out how to get a single person to fix the leaky hose. You put them in the bathroom and keep insisting until they brush their teeth or wash their hair and then move them quickly to the hose. Oh, have the tape already next to the hose and they can fix it by themselves.

posted in Virtual Families on May 28, 09 2:23 PM
Memawclay2, thanks. I'll try that. Let you know later if it works. I'm also going to get her "married off." Maybe she's just "frustrated."

Later!! Thanks again.

posted in Virtual Families on May 28, 09 2:18 PM
Shadowlucie, she was depressed the moment I created her and she walked into the house. She is not married yet and her energy level is about 3/4's full. She is fed also.

Out of all my families, this is the first.

Don't know what to do. I'll try marrying her off and see if that helps.

Later!!

Thanks again!!

posted in Virtual Families on May 28, 09 12:10 PM
I posted this elsewhere, somewhere, not sure where, but can't find my request for help.

I've just started a 5th family. Her name is Sandriana and is a beautiful young lady with a head full of black hair. She came into the house depressed. She has little or no money. I did buy a blood orange and have praised her for everything she does. I've insisted she watch t.v. and read magazines. She can't water the plants because the tape hasn't come up so she can't repair the hose. She has about $100 in food so she eats. Her health, energy and fed are good but she is going to die of depression if I can't find something inexpensive to save her.

Also, she is not working and she is a new field for me. I've tried the workshop, the kitchen and the computer. She is a pen designer. When I put her in the workshop all she does is work on her hobby, of course I know the kitchen is not the place and when I place her in front of the computer all she does is browse the web.

HELP!! I need some advice on both issues if anyone can help me.

posted in Virtual Families on May 28, 09 12:03 PM
I just started my 5th family. Sandriana, a very beautiful young lady with a head full of black hair. She moves like a 65 year old. She came in the house depressed and has little or no money. She is a pen designer. She doesn't have money for much. I've bought her the blood orange. I praise her for everything she does. I insist she watches T.V. She is full. She has as much food as she can afford to buy right now.

Any suggestions on how to pull her out of this with little or no money. She can't water the plants as the tape has not yet come up so she can't fix the hose.

Also, where in the house does a pen designer work? My first one. I've tried the workshop, the kitchen, the computer.

When I put her in the workshop she does her hobby thingie, of course when I put her in the kitchen it just says she's depressed, when I put her at the computer all she wants to do is browse the web. Needless to say, she is probably going to die soon if I can't get her to work to make money to buy more food or find something that makes her happy.

HELP!!

posted in Virtual Families on May 28, 09 11:55 AM
I've been trying for two days with perfume, the new family doesn't have enough money yet for the baby boost. New family I started. I've tried for two days now, one or the other gets left "looking for someone" but so far . . . no go. Pretty soon they are going to be too old. One is a "definite" for kids and the other is "maybe". Any other ideas since we don't have much money?

posted in Virtual Families on May 27, 09 2:23 PM
I had to keep picking my peeps up and placing them back on the bucket as they would walk away to do something else. I had already tried it one time but the dad took so long it disappeared so I bought the "energizer" juice, gave it to the dad and got the mom to help him. As I said, took placing them back on the bucket over and over but it got done this last time.

posted in Virtual Families on May 27, 09 2:18 PM
I had watched for him to work and he had made no progress so that's why I didn't know. Thank you both, it was the workshop. His wife works in the kitchen.

Love this game!

Thanks so much again for your help!! I'm "making" him make up for lost time. His wife is already at the end of level two and he had not begun to work! Lazy person! Wish they would add "Divorce" to our choices! When his little boy plays daddy, I pick him up and put him in the sand box or something. I sure don't won't him to "turn out" like his daddy!

Later, guys!

posted in Virtual Families on May 27, 09 10:46 AM
Thanks, Quickstorm. I chose Rosiana, one of the triplets as the second generation since she had such a sweet nature before leaving for college. She would even tickle her little brother, studied hard and helped a lot around the house. Since none of the children contacted their parents after they left for college, I had to go on personality. She is a Rocket Scientist and married a Bar-B-que creator. They have a little boy but they do not want another child it seems. I even bought the booster and perfume but it is a nothing or they argue about it. Briana and Stephan left her in a very good financial situation. Rosiana and her husband have, after upgrades, around $22,000. They have everything but the pinball, air freshener and toolbox. Also, I have never upgraded the workshop.

posted in Virtual Families on May 27, 09 10:37 AM
Thanks, asierrahiker. I'll give it a try because he is too-o-o-o lazy!

posted in Virtual Families on May 27, 09 10:16 AM
I patted one of my husband's with the green glove and he told me to quit nagging! So much for trying to be nice!! Makes me want to sock him up side the head with the red glove more often.

I've posted this question in another section also, but can anyone tell me where to force a lazy soap inventor to work? Can't figure that one out. I've put him in the bathroom, the kitchen, the laundry room, the computer room . . . where else? Can anyone help me?

posted in Virtual Families on May 27, 09 10:08 AM
Guys, where is the Soap Inventor's work space? I've started a new family and his wife is now a level two and he is only half way through level one and they have a 3 year old son. When I'm playing them all he wants to do is work out, do laundry and watch tv. Can anyone help because I make him pick up all the coins and things now since he is not bringing in any money working!! I will put his **** to work because it's not fair his wife is working her fanny off! Lazy man, his 3 year old does more than he does! I just don't know where to put him to work, my first soap inventor.

Thanks for any help!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator