Posts created by gailweis

posted in Once Upon a Farm on Jan 3, 11 8:34 AM
cherbtoo wrote:It took me a couple of minutes to download this game and then I sat here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the activation and waiting and waiting and waiting but we eventually got there and I sat down to have an hour's fun playing.

Well on the positive side ...

The hero is an attractive looking male who isn't looking for his grandfather.

The graphics are very good and clear to see.

On the negative side ...

You have to guess quite a lot what you are supposed to be looking for ... this reduced the probability of my buying the game by 10%.

I used the system cursor and found out via the very large satellite dish that followed your mouse everywhere that items could be hidden inside drawers and cupboards but ... when in a room that has several of these if you click on all of them (not fast clicking either ) what happens

THE CURSOR DOES A LOOP DE LOOP

Well this reduced the probability of me buying this game by a whopping 50% so take note developers your game has to be exceptional for me to buy it with the cursor doing that.

The final straw was ...

In the cowshed you had to find an axe, I couldn't see it so I used the hint and it took me out of the cowshed ... I couldn't see it there so went back into the cowshed and the list of items I had already found was there waiting for me to find them again! ... so I did ... used the hint for the axe and found myself outside the cowshed ... went back in found the items all over again!! except for the axe ... clicked the hint and ended up outside the cowshed yet again!!! ... still couldn't see the axe so went back in the cowshed and there was the list in pristine condition yet again. I refuse to keep playing the same scene any more .

At this point I lost the will to live and exited and deleted the game.

NO SALE

Cherb

Funniest review I've read in a long time! Thanks, Cherbtoo (I hope that I don't get stuck in the twilight zone of a cow shed!) Think I'll download, just to see if it's as bad as most people say! And, finally, I'm a guppy!

Gail

Thanks. I started over with a new profile. Appreciate your response .

Gail

malcolmbart wrote:I am having a problem. I got interested and did not watch the time so got cut off at the end of the hour trial. I was just in the process of adding the seed packets to the jars in the atrium.

After purchase the game does not let me back to finish, but when I press the hint button it shows that is where I have to go.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Does anyone have a solution?

I'm having the same problem! I just created a new discussion "Seed Packets." Hopefully, someone will respond.

Hi - My time ran out before I filled the jars with the seed packets (I had found them all). Now I bought the game, went back in, clicked on the seed jars and nothing happens! It keeps saying "Some of the seed jars still need to be filled." What should I do?

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Tamara the 13th on Dec 28, 10 4:01 PM
This has to be one of the most boring games I've ever played . And I agree with all the other fishies - the hidden objects were almost impossible to find! I like Play First - I play Cooking Dash-Diner Time Studios all the time. Maybe they need some practice on Hidden Object Games?

Goofyduck - welcome back! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Gail

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 28, 10 12:17 PM
I absolutely LOVED this game. While there are too many puzzles and not enough HOG scenes, it was a great game. And the length - it took me 10 hours to finish and I even skipped some of the puzzles (iou001 - you must really be fast!). (The puzzles did get a little repetitious!). I only had to consult the walkthrough a couple of times, because I found that the hint button gave me enough info to continue on. I definitely recommend this game!

Gail

Edit: iou001 - you don't need to close the game to get to the walkthrough - just press alt-tab and you will leave the game and be able to get right back in (a hint I found on one of these forums)

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 26, 10 6:58 AM
Pickles77 wrote:I must agree that the graphics are indeed beautiful and scenes are relaxing...however, I wish that there were alot more hidden object scenes and not so many puzzles. Every time I saw a puzzle after a while, I went 'ugh' and skipped alot of them. But that is just my opinion....I still bought the game for the graphics but I don't know that I would purchase the next game if it is going to have more puzzles than anything else....All you fishies that love puzzles, this is certainly the game for you....hope you all had a Merry Christmas

I absolutely agree, Pickles77. I bought the game, but I do wish there were more hidden object scenes. I'm now looking for the walkthrough, because I'm at a standstill trying to find the fairy beads! I've been back to every scene, and can't seem to progress any further. That being said, great game, beautiful graphics and it seems like it's pretty long. All +++ for me. Well, I'm in New Jersey, waiting for the blizzard, so guess what I'll be doing today and tomorrow!

Gail

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on Dec 25, 10 11:31 AM
Goofyduck - Sorry you are ill and get better real soon ! I'm lost without you!

Gail

posted in Christmas Wonderland on Dec 23, 10 6:43 AM
This seems like a game for the kiddies, so I'll probably demo but not buy.
Posting this just to wish all my fellow fishies:

A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY!

Gail

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Dec 18, 10 4:08 AM
I beta-tested this game and couldn't wait for it to come out. Finally! Great game - nice graphics, good hidden object scenes.

Gail

posted in Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape on Dec 16, 10 11:33 AM
I always read these reviews at work and decide what I'm going to download when I get home. My first thought - it enters my name automatically? Oh, no, don't like that at all. Second thought - I'm not too enamored of hand-holding. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I like a challenge when I'm playing these games - makes them last longer, and makes them much more interesting for me. That being said, I might demo, but first want to download Art of Murder - Cards of Destiny, and based on those reviews, it might take me quite some time!

Gail

Happy Holidays to All!

Very challenging. I ended with 51 cards - now I need to go back to every scene and try and find the 52nd! Woe is me! But I loved the play, the music, the HOG scenes. I really felt I got my money's worth, especially for a CE!

BP532 wrote:Played through the demo in 40 minutes at which point it ended. URGH! That being said, this is the type of higher level game many developers are now releasing. Many locations, back and forth, find an object here, use it there. If you enjoy that type of search and find, this may be an excellent choice for you.

The graphics and lovely and items relatively easy to find. Some are more challenging but with a hint or two, you should be able to progress through the game with relative ease.

As the demo ended abruptly, but with a tray full of items yet to use, I believe there may be significant game play. However, I can't tell for sure at this point.

Music and plot are adequate to the task but didn't particularly propel me through - it was more the challenge of the hunt.

It's my birthday so I will give this 3 martini's.

It's my birthday, too! Have a great one. Thanks for review. Can't wait to demo.

Gail

posted in Supermarket Mania ® 2 on Dec 5, 10 4:04 PM
I couldn't even get this game to work (Windows XP). I installed it, then tried to play. Nothing happened - I just got the first screen with the four people and the music - and then my computer crashed. It took me 20 minutes to get the computer to boot up again. I unstalled the game and am afraid to re-install because of this problem.

posted in Lost Chronicles: Salem on Dec 5, 10 12:30 PM
I just finished playing the game and I loved it. And I didn't even have to use the walkthrough (big first for me!) - I found that the hints were enough to get me through. And the map in the journal was also helpful to figure out where to go next. Loved the story and the graphics. As far as the music, well I tend to "tune" it out, especially if I am as engrossed with a game as I was with this. The HOG scenes were a little easy; guess the developers were listening when the fishies complained that in a lot of the new games the hidden objects were just too small. As far as the length - took me about 5 hours, which I consider a good length. All in all, I give it

Gail

posted in The Dragon Dance on Dec 1, 10 5:07 AM
gailweis wrote:Based on these comments, I can't wait to get home and play. I so love a challenge and would rather be frustrated than having too much hand-holding (as long as there's a walk-through for me to fall back on). I just learned the alt-tab trick and boy, has it saved me loads of time (I used to close out of game - duh!). I'll post again after playing demo.

Gail

Well, I played demo last night and after 1/2 hour immediately bought. Challenging, to say the least. And yes, shadowfax, as you recommended to daisyduck, I learned to click everywhere! Great game.

Gail

posted in The Dragon Dance on Nov 30, 10 4:42 AM
Based on these comments, I can't wait to get home and play. I so love a challenge and would rather be frustrated than having too much hand-holding (as long as there's a walk-through for me to fall back on). I just learned the alt-tab trick and boy, has it saved me loads of time (I used to close out of game - duh!). I'll post again after playing demo.

Gail

posted in Jane Lucky on Nov 29, 10 3:48 PM
I need one more game to get my 3 credits for the month. Unfortunately, this one will not be it. I love hidden object games, but this one is much too easy, ridiculous story and when I started, I heard the dialogue, but suddenly, it was silent. What happened? Please, BFG, give me one more game tomorrow that I can buy.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Nov 27, 10 8:02 AM
Well, just finished the demo, and of course I have to buy since I just got the ball of yarn, have to get the other item and have to figure out what to do with the scarecrow! I'm glad there's a walkthrough, but hopefully I can get through much of the game without resorting to it because I love a challenge.

BTW, someone mentioned Madame Fate in the reviews of the new MCF so started replaying. Great game!

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Nov 27, 10 5:55 AM
I just played about 15 minutes of the demo and can't decide. I stopped in order to read some of the reviews. While it is dark, I find the hidden objects pretty easy to find. I like the story and the graphics. Guess I'll play a little more before I decide. After the disappointment of MCF, I need something to lift my spirits. Anyone know the length?

Thanks!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator