Posts created by gailsgame

posted in My Tribe on Apr 11, 10 11:17 AM
I agree with everything you said Blue River. I love My Tribe too.

I've played VV for a long time, but I actually find it quite hard to go back to now. They walk so slow in contrast, and I could never get a full tribe of black hair (unless I wanted them all to be exactly the same), and even then it didn't quite work out. I love having all one color hair for my tribes. So I have a black & blonde hair tribe, and now I'm working on a brown haired tribe. With the different complexions, hairstyles & clothes, they all look individual. I find them easier to get attached to.

I'm just about to start out my 3rd Island with my original tribe and it's like starting over again with VV but you get to keep your original tribe. It's great. I'd like a generation thing like VV though, as you leave the tombstones behind.

Harder mysteries to solve, and maybe a hidden object collectibles side of things would be good too. Hope there is a MT2 with some extra little features like this. It's my favourite game!

posted in My Tribe on Apr 11, 10 11:08 AM
I don't think you can. It happened to me twice, once on a female and once on a male, and they were both grey for life even with potions, moondust etc.

posted in My Tribe on Apr 5, 10 9:29 AM
I'm playing the downloadable one, not the facebook one, but I assume it will be the same and they will die of starvation. Make sure you have them ticked to collect food & trees are ticked to harvest wood & some collecting wood too. They need food & wood.

I have had a few die at around 71 - 73 of natural causes.

posted in My Tribe on Apr 5, 10 9:23 AM
KathimacUNIVERA wrote:gail - on the flowers, look for the pattern that is there, irrespective of what you planted, the main pattern, then change the ones that are out of order. There are only 2 or 3 different colors in each pattern.

Thank you! I followed that after erasing the flowers I put down incorrectly (with a few crashes on doing this), but I solved it from your help. Thanks.

posted in My Tribe on Apr 5, 10 9:15 AM
Mommy91 wrote:I have played this on the download version. Now I am playing on FB. I have all the same problems as the woman from Alaska. I have a legendary scientist and he does nothing at the fountain. And I have a legendary rock person and they do nothing on the fossil rock. FB needs a forum for this game

I haven't played the fb version, but there was one more step in solving the fountain mystery than just putting a legendary scientist on it in my downloadable version of MT.

I haven't posted the solution as it will be a spoiler so I don't know how that goes here, but I can post it if people say to.

posted in My Tribe on Apr 5, 10 9:02 AM
I have played VV 1 - 3 for quite a long time, and I prefer MT.

The reasons have already been explained in length by other people so I'll just keep it short.

You can sail to a new Island after building an Ark (which takes a lot of work - creating replay value). There you have to start over building everything up again which I enjoy. I like to rebuild the buildings as it's something for the growing tribe to do later into the game. You can design the Island any way you want.

I love reading their thoughts, and the fact babies are not carried around for 2 years.

By maxing out their physical strengths, I can have a whole tribe of runners if I want. They walk too slow in VV.

I think genetics seem to be more closely followed without so many villagers that just look the same. For the first time I've managed a diverse group of a dark haired tribe with colourful clothing.

You can change their hair color and hair style, and any colour clothes that you want. I like that they make their own clothes as I can set up a whole heap of clothing changes and come back later to see them all in different coloured clothes.

I like how you make so many potions.

The game has so many more features and I must admit I didn't get it in the hour demo. It took hours of gameplay to become hooked.

I'm so hooked I'm not sure I can watch my VV village walk around so slowly not doing what they're told!

posted in My Tribe on Apr 2, 10 7:02 AM
sdurrie wrote:The tree with flowers around it is simple. See the flower pattern? Plant flowers to complete the pattern with exact colors and you've solved it.

I have this mystery item, and I read somewhere else to plant the missing plants, but it didn't mention following the color pattern. So I planted any color and now I don't know which ones were the ones I planted.

Does anyone know what I can do? thanks

posted in Little Folk of Faery on Mar 30, 10 12:30 PM
I get an error when trying to download the game. So I don't know if I will get any error with the trial as I can't get that far. Maybe it's been taken down as people are having problems??

posted in Virtual Families on May 15, 09 9:53 AM
It depends what you want really. If you dont like games that you have running in the background more or want something fast you might not like it.

I like it a lot as I can do others things while I play it. Like virtual friends I need to care for. Once I got the sleeping issue fixed by changing to day at night time and let them sleep by turning the game off Ive enjoyed it a lot more cuz they are always doing lots of things when I play it.

Im enjoying it a lot.

posted in Virtual Families on May 9, 09 9:51 AM
I got given a hammock in the game and I noticed that when they rest in it their energy goes up a bit. Like a nap. So Im praising them for that too so maybe people have problems with there people having energy problems could buy the hammock if they dont get it for free like I did lol.

posted in Virtual Families on May 9, 09 8:55 AM
Where do you see how much they earn? thanks

posted in Wild Tribe on May 9, 09 8:51 AM
chris30s wrote:The spacebar pause was the only pause that worked for me.

Does the spacebar pause keep it paused when you turn your computer off? thanks

posted in Wandering Willows on May 9, 09 8:48 AM
Nightowl52 wrote:
gailsgame wrote:Does this game end like end and that's it or does it keep going if you want it to? If it ends do you start again and it plays exactly the same. It looks like a really good game but I dont like games that end and dont have your virtual pet live on.

The questing part of the game does end after about 171 tasks, but it does allow you to keep going after that, there are just no more quests.

Thanks heaps. So you can keep your virtual pet after. Does he grow or need caring for like feeding? Or does he just wonder around? thanks.

Oh if you decide to keep your pet and start another one does it delete your pet. So like the virtual family game you can have a few families going, can you do the same?

posted in Virtual Families on May 9, 09 8:47 AM
I wondered how that was going to work out. I thought they might be lazy teenagers hanging around making a mess until 30 or something.

I'm loving this game too. I do close it up a bit so maybe I don't have some of the issues some of the other people have. Im always excited to see whats happened while Ive been away.

posted in Virtual Families on May 9, 09 8:42 AM
I had that problem if I opened the game during there night but I just kept dragging them back to bed and praising until they ran away from my nagging. lol. The kids were going to bed really well but the parents weren't. But today when I checked the parents were going to bed on there own too. And now they are up during the day they are all ADD lol. They are running around everywhere faster than usual. I did close the game down for a while and gave them a good meal before bed last night so I dont know if that helped or they just need some time to adjust to their house.

posted in Virtual Families on May 8, 09 11:39 AM
I had a weak child and I did all that too and it did not do much, but when I shut the game off and started it up the next night he got a lot better on his own. Then the following day of doing the same thing of shutting the pc off he was back up to full health and I didn't go anything. go figure? I think you only worry if they show sick ??

posted in Virtual Families on May 8, 09 11:36 AM
Alrydian wrote:It will appear in the shop, the items available in the shop change every 4 hours, so the repair kit will appear, just keep checking shop every 4 hours or so.

Thanks. I didn't know that they changed that often. I thought it might be once a day but I keep forgetting to look at those items as I haven't got much money yet anyway. Im saving up for the pool lol.

posted in Wandering Willows on May 8, 09 11:12 AM
Does this game end like end and that's it or does it keep going if you want it to? If it ends do you start again and it plays exactly the same. It looks like a really good game but I dont like games that end and dont have your virtual pet live on.

posted in Wild Tribe on May 8, 09 11:09 AM
If you pause with the space bar and exit does it stay paused. I was interested in this game but sometimes I have to go away from my pc for days and I need to pause these types of games. I dont want to come back to find them all dead.

posted in Virtual Families on May 8, 09 11:04 AM
HiggieBaby wrote:From what I understood on the LDW forum, and by what I've seen on my game, it runs the same as your regular days (daylight for you, daylight on there, dark for you, dark on there). If you're a night owl like me, you can reverse the day and night times in the options. That way you aren't just watching them sleep or wander around exhausted, needing to be asleep. LOL

Yeah thats what I did cuz when I went looking for a speed option I noticed that and pressed it and presto they walked around a lot faster and I could see them better lol. They also did a lot of different things that they weren't doing at night. I've had a lot more fun since I did this option.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator