Posts created by raindear82

posted in Banana Bugs on Oct 3, 12 1:48 PM
I have noticed that if the shortest span across changes from the vertical to the horizontal the arrows change to cover the shorter span. Right clicking on the mouse works to change the direction for me.

posted in Banana Bugs on Oct 3, 12 1:39 PM
The only times that happens to me, I have missed a bug that is wandering on the covered section. I sometimes wait for it to get to an area I can get it. Sometimes, I go to menu/main menu/play/yes "continue game". This will restart the level, without losing any points or anything. Also, if at any point, you cover 85%+ of the screen, the level will be completed, whether all the bugs have been killed or not..

posted in Banana Bugs on Oct 3, 12 1:33 PM
The bonus that is active when you "cover" the area with the bonus in it is the one you will get. To get the pea shooters, cover the area with the bonus in it while the monkey face with the green hard hat is showing. Hope that is clear. It took me a while to figure it out, too.

posted in JiPS: Jigsaw Ship Puzzles on Sep 21, 12 10:22 AM
I am a ship fanatic, so I bought this without checking the trial first. If I had, I may still have bought it for the ships, but I have to agree with others. It is very dark. It seems odd that pieces can't be fit together anywhere but in their specific places on the screen. It seems to be put into a small workspace on the screen, especially for some of us older puzzle solvers, whose eyes already need help to see.

posted in Banana Bugs on Sep 16, 12 9:27 AM
This game is as addictive/easy/difficult as Tetris, love it!

posted in Banana Bugs on Sep 16, 12 9:24 AM
The power ups you can buy are on the right side of the screen, the "done" button is on the bottom right.

posted in Banana Bugs on Sep 16, 12 9:21 AM
If you have one of the tan/brown bugs wandering around, you can wait for it to get to a place where you can get it (the levels aren't timed). If it isn't going to get to a place where you can get it, you can go to menu/main menu/play/yes "continue game". This will restart the level, without losing any points or anything.

Edit:Also, if at any point (even with bugs still on screen) you fill in the required 85% of the screen, that will finish the level you are on and take you to the next.

posted in Banana Bugs on Sep 16, 12 9:12 AM
Your monkey has to throw a line across the screen before one of the bugs hits it and breaks it. Each time you throw a line, the smaller section will be turned into a "net" that tosses the bugs in that section. When all the bugs are disabled, a line your monkey throws across will be filled in on both sides, completing that level.

posted in Laxius Force on Sep 6, 12 5:49 PM
Go to the "equip" screen for Wendala and equip everything that boosts her mind points. If it still isn't high enough, try Marion's "meditate" spell on her.

posted in Lost Chronicles: Salem on Aug 9, 12 4:35 PM
I tried to use the drill on the barrel and got, "I can't use that item there" several times.
If I get a chance, I'll try again.

posted in Laxius Force on Aug 2, 12 12:40 PM
Where should I go to get a golden butterfly? I have tried on the screen where the shack is, and all the Lizardmen screens, but apparently the yellow butterflies don't count. I can't catch one even if it's on Random's feet or head. Where the heck is a butterfly I can catch?

posted in Law and Order Justice is Served on Jul 19, 12 11:20 AM
I played the game through again, and waited until the point that the walkthrough indicates you are ready to apply for a search warrant for Mark Greenfield's residence before I applied for a background search for Mark Greenfield. Then I went from place to place til I got the voice mail that my background search was done, then wandered til I got the voice mail about Mark's financial finagling. Then I applied for the search warrant with the will, the bank statement, the background check, Svetlana, and Rodrigo. Apparently, you need to wait til you have reason to suspect Mark (the bank statement and Rodrigo's statement about him) before applying for the background check to make the search warrant application work. Hope this helps someone.

posted in Law and Order Justice is Served on Jul 16, 12 9:41 PM
Not sure this is your problem, but your desk is across the room from "research" and "surveillance". If you can see those two rooms, go across the room and look for your desk and the folders again.

posted in Law and Order Justice is Served on Jul 16, 12 9:31 PM
I'm stuck in this same place. I've played to this point twice trying to figure out what I missed (if anything) but it is not working. You don't seem to get any documentation of Mark Greenfield's financial conniving or problems, just a verbal report, and the walkthrough says you just need to use the bank statement, will, Svetlana, Rodrigo, and Mark Greenfield's background check, but it doesn't work. I have found others with this same problem, but so far haven't seen a solution.

posted in Law and Order Justice is Served on Jul 16, 12 9:27 PM
Not sure whether this will actually help anyone, or whether I can describe it clearly, but I noticed that this game does not like you to go to the map, phone, log, or menu unless you are in a close up type screen. If you have trouble getting the cursor to the bottom left of the screen, scan the screen til you find a magnifying glass and click into a close up screen. If you can't scan for a magnifying glass, right click your mouse and try again. It will also work from any screen where you are talking to someone. The game has been much less frustrating since I figured this out.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on May 31, 12 9:49 PM
Thank you, so much, feistylilcwgrl. I don't know how long I struggled with this one before I looked for help. Of course, as mentioned the walkthrough wasn't helpful for this puzzle, so I tried again. Finally, when I looked again for help, I found this, and finally got through it.

posted in Eternity on May 14, 12 7:02 PM
Well, I messed up this puzzle, but it won't reset. I tried quitting and restarting the game and I'm still in the same place. Please tell me there is a way to reset this puzzle without having to start the game over at the beginning. Help?

tporf wrote:I'm haveing trouble with the padlock on the switchbox. Nothing I do will let me turn the dials to 15-45-30. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

I clicked directly on the numbers in order. The lock opened even though it turned in the wrong direction for two of the numbers.

posted in Art of Murder: FBI Confidential on Mar 8, 12 7:04 PM
I've been on this puzzle for over an hour. It is impossible for there to be a combination I haven't tried. Just about to give up. I have all the Art of Murder games, but it doesn't look like I will be playing them. Bad word, bad word.

OK, a note for others stuck at this point. The game will not tell you when this puzzle is solved. You have to click a switch, step back, look at the result, go back to the switches, click the next, step back, etc. When there are five circles of light the puzzle is completed. Hope this helps someone to not be as frustrated as I was.

posted in Fairway™ on Feb 19, 12 12:20 PM
I saw in that hint window that comes up at the beginning of game play that you can buy clubs in the Golf Store. Does anyone know when that option opens up? I am on Page 5 (Sand and Sun Package) of the courses, Have bought all the present store options, and am eagerly awaiting more store options. So, when can I expect to see the clubs in the store?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator