Posts created by cagamenut

Mine crashes at trying to access the Strategy Guide for the General Store (level 3). No error messages, just closes the game. Sounds like I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll uninstall and reinstall to see if it changes. No other problems with the game.

posted in Jade Rousseau - The Fall of Sant' Antonio on Aug 5, 11 12:17 AM
Interesting first for me...downloaded the trial and found that I had evidently completed it, even tho I'd never played the game. On top of that, the devs wanted me to agree to download several things. I don't appreciate a game which demands that I download extra programs, and since I refused, that might be the reason the trial wouldn't work. No buy for me

posted in Slot Quest: The Vampire Lord on Jul 25, 11 10:16 AM
Evidently not a game for Win 7. Windowed mode and if I make it full screen, it's very fuzzy. I'm disappointed since it seemed like a fun game, and a lot cheaper than going to Las Vegas or Laughlin. I'm getting itchy fingers and thought playing on the computer would solve that A no buy for me

posted in The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates on Jul 16, 11 10:43 AM
Absolutely love this game! There's a little of everything including blowing up monsters. I'm totally addicted! No problems with the game, no glitches, just total fun.

posted in Dreamland on Jun 9, 11 11:54 AM
I like this game...graphics, story line, puzzles, the little man. Some of the hidden objects are hard to find due to size, but no problems with fuzzy scenes. Played the first 30 minutes of trial, and then bought it. I mute the music so can't comment on that, but did turn up the volume so I could hear the man speak. There are quite a few 'hints' throughout the game to help with some of the puzzles; you just have to pay attention to the areas. The scenes are rather gloomy but fit the story line. I found that I needed to go back to previously played areas in order to find objects I needed, so there is some wandering around. Fun and interesting game!

Maybe it's just me, I am totally confused. Am I missing an instruction link for the puzzles? I had no idea how to arrange the coins on Shakespeare's grave so ended up using the SG. I'm also having problems following the plot. Maybe the second time I play it, the story line will be more apparent. I have the other two Midnight Mysteries games but didn't have a problem following the plots in those. The graphics are beautiful, and once again, I am thankful that I bought the CE since I think I would be lost without it. Beautiful graphics with some rather well hidden ravens and clovers. Thanks, BF!

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 29, 11 11:13 AM
I'm so glad I bought the CE; wouldn't have had a clue where to go next in some places. It's one I will play again I played over several nights, but it seemed like a long game. Playing over several days often means that you can become rather lost when starting up again. No technical issues with Win 7. I enjoyed the puzzles and they didn't seem too difficult. Happy, happy; thanks to the developers and BF!

posted in Luxor on May 15, 11 2:03 PM
I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and can't play the game. I tried downloading it from my purchase history, but when that didn't work, I downloaded a trial version. The game will not load. It's very frustrating when one had to replace the computer, and then some games don't work at all. I don't think BF has upgraded Luxor as suggested in an earlier post.

posted in Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane on May 8, 11 6:00 PM
This is on my buy list too. Love the interaction with the cat meowing when I approached the front porch. I rather enjoy the exploding cursor and rapidly over clicked on purpose just to see what would happen. The graphics are lovely and I'm so glad it's not just a straight HOG! Thank you!

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 2, 11 9:56 AM
Yesterday, I had posted that I really like this game, and I do, but.....it ends very abruptly and I was disappointed in that. It seems to start out better than it ended. Seemed to have great potential but never managed to achieve it. Not sorry I bought it tho since it is just confusing enough to keep me going.

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 1, 11 7:49 PM
Bought if after 15 minutes Loved the first two puzzles, and found some of the hidden items to be rather difficult to find. Well hidden, but the hint button is responsive. Good thing the game doesn't have a penalty for over clicking or I would be in trouble! I'm a tad surprised that this wasn't a CE, and I would have bought it if it had been. I enjoyed the graphics and the story line. Even the hand drawn graphics are nice. The only problem I had was trying to figure out where to go next, after completing a room. In some cases, it was obvious but in others, certainly not. A map of the area, included in the game, would have been nice, but the hint button helped out there too. It also took me a long time to realize that going left would get me to the greenhouse and Botanist. I was pretty lost until then. No glitches or problems, and while I normally play the difficult mode, this was just difficult enough to satisfy that and it seems long enough. Happy camper

Oh boy, I'm not going to like waiting until May 1 to buy this! Too many games this month. The graphics are clear and the magnifying glass is perfect for those items that might cause problems. I love the 'antique' hidden items and they fit the game. No 'out of character' junk piles. You can access the Strategy Guide from the game by clicking in the left hand corner. No leaving the game to do it, and I found I needed the Guide since I wasn't sure where to go after completing an area. I really like the idea of knowing that an area is completed, since that's one less place in which to wander. I mute the music so can't comment on that. I also like that I could click through the dialogue once I read it. No technical problems and I used the game cursor. The only things I didn't care for were the footprints, and seeing 'this item should be handy' every time I picked up something I needed, but found that in other games by this developer. Unfortunately, my hour trial ended just as I was about to save the mother, durn it! Why does the phone always ring when I'm playing a trial? This is a definite buy for me. Just weird enough to be a lot of fun!

posted in Silent Scream: The Dancer on Apr 25, 11 12:43 PM
Going to have to think about this one. I feel like I'm playing in a comic strip and am not sure that I like the graphics. So far, it's been too much 'talking' and not enough happening, but I suppose it's setting the stage for the story line. Getting picky in my old age, I guess

posted in The Fool on Apr 4, 11 11:23 PM
Gee, I thought maybe I wasn't suppose to be hearing voices For some reason, seeing the lips move and not hearing anything really bothered me. After reading all the great reviews, I thought this would be a buy for me.

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Apr 1, 11 10:46 PM
The first time I played the Collector's Edition, I had no problems and completed the bonus game in easy mode. I played again, in Hard Mode, but when the game ended, I was not able to play the bonus game. When I click on play, it takes me back to saving the daughter and friend from the tanks....over and over again. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now, I still have the same problem but also no longer have the strategy guide. The game does not say Collector's Edition even tho that's what I downloaded. I don't understand the sudden glitch with the bonus game. Any ideas, anyone?

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 11 10:18 PM
I did the same thing; not paying close enough attention to what I was doing, I guess. I did restart the game. The juniper is a little difficult to see within the cavity which I guess is why I didn't notice it the first time. Now I'm using the flashlight on everything that is even a little dim.

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 11 10:12 PM
Wow! The developers of this game have both creativity and imagination. It's awesome. Music muted so I can't comment on that. The scenes were beautiful and fit the story line. After playing for a while, and having a little bit of trouble finding some of the hidden objects, I found that I could use the flashlight to help me, even tho the scene was not dark. Very nice touch! I think my favorite scenes were driving the boats; I could have done that all day I didn't find the game to be too spooky, and have played both the casual and difficult versions. The built in Strategy Guide, within the playing area, means no leaving the game to go to the menu. Many of the puzzles were unique and very interesting. While it didn't seem to be a real long game, it was so enjoyable that I played it twice, and will play again. Would love to see a sequel. The only problem I had was that I didn't take everything out of the Church, and if you miss something there, you can't go back and get it. I ended up restarting the game and then paid closer attention to what I was doing. Happy, happy!

posted in Shades of Death: Royal Blood on Mar 21, 11 10:36 AM
Because of all the comments on the shortness of the game, it occurred to me that not everyone has the time to sit down and play an entire game in one sitting. Sometimes, with the long games, I find it confusing when I get back to the game after 8 or more hours. I'm often not sure where I was or what my next step should be. If I can play a game, at one sitting, in an evening, then my money is well spent because I can always play again. While I enjoy many of the longer games, it's also nice to have one that I can finish in 3-4 hours. It's better than watching TV; at least my brain is working

posted in Shades of Death: Royal Blood on Mar 20, 11 9:36 PM
I really liked this game and played the easy version to 'feel' it out. The story line was enjoyable as were the graphics. While the puzzles were not difficult, they were different from the usual ones and enjoyable. Some of the hidden object areas were darker, but fit the game. I had to use a hint a couple of times to find things, but most of the time, the objects weren't that difficult to find. There didn't seem to be a penalty for over clicking and the hints regenerated quickly. I always mute the music so can't comment on that. This was a fun game, and one that I'll play again in advanced mode. I'm a happy gamer

PS
A lot has been said about the length of the game, but I think it's well worth the 6.99. There aren't very many things, that one can purchase for that amount, which will give 3-4 hours of enjoyment. Thank you, Vogat, for a fun game

posted in Echoes of Sorrow on Mar 20, 11 8:55 AM
I'm glad others are having the slow load problem; I thought it was just me. I enjoyed the game, the graphics are beautiful, but I don't think I'm willing to put up with the slow and constant load. I don't mind the footprints but don't understand the reasons for the slowness. Probably not a buy for me. Too bad since I would like to know how it ends

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator