Posts created by divegal

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 20, 10 12:20 AM
There was an announcement on the Game Manager the day after it came out, but you can also follow this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/74047.page

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 19, 10 10:56 PM
There was a rebuild -- did you download it?

If so, I would ask customer support for help -- they're terrific, as is the game.

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 18, 10 10:16 PM
I should have done what I knew to do with earlier ND games -- save them before spending money (or in this case, getting demerits) so I can go back. I want to try all the naughty things! I think I already have about 8 or 9 and should have second chanced them all. I will have to be careful!

Or do I gather that you'll always get a second chance before you go over the limit, so that you can always avoid getting expelled, even if you do the naughty thing first?

Thanks in advance for advice!

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 17, 10 10:36 PM
Thank you. Even though it's not exactly what I was asking (will I need to start over when I activate) you helped me plan my purchasing.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 17, 10 7:45 PM
Hello fellow fishies,

I've played most of the demo time on this game and I LOVE it. It's so beautiful (someone mentioned something about the scenery/sounds being meditative, and ITA!) and I love having lots of puzzles and the option to make some "easy."

I recall reading that, when this or another recent game is activated, one had to start all over again. Was that this game? It won't dissuade me from buying, but may effect when I do. I have memory issues and want to organize myself.

Thanks in advance.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 17, 10 10:55 AM
jazzboogie wrote:There's no way to turn the narration off or fast-forward through it.

Actually, the space bar works.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 16, 10 1:33 PM
beginnerno1, I don't have it on my screen now (I'm saving my last few demo minutes until I'm sure) but if I recall, under the puzzles there's a thing that looks like the "refresh" icon in Firefox? There may also be an X to skip or exit from the puzzle? Anyway when you click refresh, on the harder puzzles it gives you an option of "normal" or "easy."

I hope that's helpful but if not the walkthrough would do a much better job explaining it. Good luck!

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 16, 10 2:06 AM
Wow, what a gorgeous game, albeit slightly overwhelming and dizzying (I would never dare try it with 360.)

Go figure, my four-year-old laptop runs it perfectly so far. I've played about 45 minutes, made it through about three or four puzzles.

I'm all about puzzles in an adventure format so the only bummer for me is having to find 20 objects in-between, but it's worthwhile.

Thank you so much to those who pointed out that 1. restarting the harder puzzles gives the "easy" option and 2. the space bar skips dialog (which wasn't bad to begin with.)

I have a question. Perhaps I should post it in the "can't run" thread too. It seems a lot of people have technical issues with the game. For those who do, did the problems start from the beginning or set in later on? I don't want to use my next credit on it if I'm likely to have trouble later. I'm pretty amazed at my luck so far -- any guesses if it will stick? I promise I won't be mad if anyone guesses wrong.

Thanks in advance, my fellow fishies!

Edit: If it's helpful to anyone, a possible reason for my luck is that I'm obsessive about running system updates, cleaning out registry errors and other junk, defragging, etc. Maybe it's making things smooth, I don't know, but it can't hurt.

On the other hand it won't run at all properly on my netbook but I didn't expect it to

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 12, 10 1:03 AM
YAY it's HERE!

I've heard good things; can't wait to play.

Thank you,

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 10, 10 12:31 AM
Did someone say all puzzles? WOOT!!!

Eager to hear reviews and probably to try and buy!

posted in Veronica Rivers: The Order Of Conspiracy on Jan 8, 10 8:13 PM
Looks like a gorgeous game. As another fishie pointed out in the "netbook" thread, it doesn't work on them, but I'll probably get it for my laptop (and hope it lives a while..)

posted in Anka on Jan 5, 10 6:58 AM
I bought this before it came to and I haven't had time to get far yet but it's a fun and adorable game chock full of puzzles/minigames, YAY

My only gripe is it doesn't run on my netbook -- the picture is too big. JC if there is a way around this I'd love to know because it seems like a good "on the go" game.

Otherwise thanks for a wonderful game and hats off to for an excellent choice.

posted in Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise on Jan 1, 10 1:09 AM
Would love to get a sense of how many hidden object scenes one has to get through to reach a puzzle (yeah, that's how it is for me) and if the puzzles are fairly original?

Thanks and a healthy happy new year to my fellow fishies.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Jan 1, 10 12:58 AM
Like many others, I loved it, but could never have gotten through without the walkthrough. And I needed it a lot. I've uninstalled some large files that were (for me) too ridiculously hard, but this was just so engrossing I alt-tabbed through the walkthrough just to do it.

I loved most of the puzzles (usually my favorite parts of games) and was able to do all of them myself except, for a few, I needed to know what the goal was in order to then achieve it on my own. Which is fine.

I appreciated that the hidden object scenes (usually my least favorite parts) were not junkpiles. I didn't mind the few repeats because I liked being able to say, "ooh I saw that there before" once in a while.

I also appreciated that the geography wasn't too maze-y.

At first the videotapes freaked me out, and in fact the whole game was scarier than my ideal. I get nightmares. But I could handle it in bits, which is one big reason I needed the walkthrough a lot -- just too much to remember over time (but also I would just never have found a lot of things, or thought to try things, without direction.)

But back to the story and theme, wow, very, VERY exciting!!!

Gorgeous artwork and sound, I liked the realistic acting, all-around a really high-quality product.

But it will also turn me away from large files, and dark games, for a while. I feel like I need some more Avenue Flo or something LOL.

Thanks you did an amazing job again!!!

But Walkthrough Margie, it would have been a wasted purchase, for me, without you.

Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 28, 09 11:00 PM
Well all I can say is thank goodness for this walkthrough.

I would usually give up on a game that left me clueless so much, but this one is too engrossing, so I'm glad I can play it out even with a lot of help.

Thank you!

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 27, 09 3:28 PM
If I recall it's actually pieces of the stand (I was confused about that too) and when I went back through the house there were new hidden object areas that had those things. If I'm not recalling correctly check the walkthrough. Good luck!

posted in Emerald City Confidential on Dec 27, 09 4:00 AM
I've been LOVIN' this game too!!!!!

Also loved the Blackwells. Great humor! Sometimes too much clicking but the dialog is worth it. Funny snarky characters!

I also like how one can control how much help one gets.

It can be a little buggy with inventory items and such but I've gotten around it.

If these games had puzzles they'd be perfect.

YAY.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 26, 09 11:49 PM
divegal wrote:This is one of the better games to come out lately, imo. Nice balance of elements -- it doesn't have too many hidden objects (they get boring to me) the puzzles have been interesting and fairly unique, just the the right difficulty for me, I'm a little more than halfway through (I don't know how you folks zip through these so fast!) and just needed the walkthrough once so far. I'm enjoying it more than Dire Grove which is too dark and heavy and kinda weird, even though I know it's graphically superior to this. And while I enjoy some cutsy ones lately they've been kinda too easy, it seems to me. This one is an excellent overall package that I'd only give 4/5 because it could use a little more personality. A definite buy for this choosy fishie

Just finished and had to come back to applaud. Almost 5 hours of fun, needed walkthrough hints three times but that's typical for me for a reasonably challenging game. Very satisfied with this one, love the puzzles, and thankfully the hidden objects weren't junkpilish though they were too dark at points. The only other thing I could ask for in a game is humor and/or prettier graphics but (almost) no game is perfect. Happy about the "ending!"

Thank you more classy mixed-genres like this one please

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 26, 09 1:32 AM
This is one of the better games to come out lately, imo. Nice balance of elements -- it doesn't have too many hidden objects (they get boring to me) the puzzles have been interesting and fairly unique, just the the right difficulty for me, I'm a little more than halfway through (I don't know how you folks zip through these so fast!) and just needed the walkthrough once so far. I'm enjoying it more than Dire Grove which is too dark and heavy and kinda weird, even though I know it's graphically superior to this. And while I enjoy some cutsy ones lately they've been kinda too easy, it seems to me. This one is an excellent overall package that I'd only give 4/5 because it could use a little more personality. A definite buy for this choosy fishie

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Dec 26, 09 1:08 AM
Dream Chronicles series
Pahelika
The Legend of Crystal Valley
Kuros

at least if memory serves.

Please correct me someone if those aren't in the same kinda mixed genre.

I love those kinda games too. Drawn is probably my favorite.

ETA as for new games Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone is similar in its combination of elements. Really enjoying the gameplay (though it's not as purdy.)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator