Posts created by Izziewizz

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 4, 11 12:09 PM
Nice game, but I can't play the arc or slider puzzles. I'll buy it if there's an update.

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 4, 11 11:52 AM
I can't play some of the puzzles - I'm not able to slide the arcs in the arc puzzles, or get the sliders working on the barn door.

I've tried both custom cursor and system cursor, and the problem's the same with both.

posted in Allora and The Broken Portal on Apr 29, 11 11:16 AM
Hello, fishies

Upthread, someone said William and Catherine were going to live in Wales. They already do - I was sitting at a friend's house on Wednesday and I was about two miles from where they live. They're often seen in local shops and occasionally go to the pub.

Many people on Anglesey are very proud today.

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Mar 1, 11 1:33 AM
Definitely well worth the money - over five hours of gameplay, lots of interactive bits, excellent hidden object scenes (some of which were wicked!) and nice graphics.

A worthy sequel.

posted in Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss on Feb 18, 11 3:17 AM
"We are all of us in the gutter, but some of us are looking at .... the gutter".

To paraphrase the wonderful Oscar Wilde.

posted in Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss on Feb 18, 11 2:59 AM
I don't think I'll bother even trialling this one, I don't like straight HOGs myself.

It took a while for me to work out that STD meant "spot the difference." Do you US fishies realise that here in the UK, that usually means "sexually transmitted disease"? It's given me a smile once or twice when reading these reviews!

posted in Nightmare on the Pacific on Jan 19, 11 11:58 AM
Blimey, that was short.

It's taken me just under two hours to complete.

Nice game, but heck, where's the rest of it?

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 18, 11 11:28 AM
Such a shame - a beautiful looking game with good puzzles, HOG screens, finding objects, etc.

But soo sloow on my good spec XP machine, even in windowed mode. I played 40 minutes of my trial hour and must have spent 20 of them waiting for screens to load or for the cursor to move. (If developers insist on their own cursor, could they make it a bit smaller and the hand a little more, well, hand-like?)

As I say, a shame, because it looks like such a good game.

posted in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars on Jan 14, 11 2:12 AM
Oh, the nostalgia! I love the Broken Sword games and I really hope that in time, they will release the last one (Smoking Mirror) as I had it on disk and it wouldn't work on either my big computer or my laptop, so I've never finished it.

Compared to the newer, IHOG/adventure games, it is a little slow, as you have to guide the main character round to where you want them to go, but I've got used to that now and I'm finding it quite relaxing.

I hope BigFish can arrange for more of these "vintage" games to be released in this way - I'd vote for "Grim Fandango" as well, it was a lovely game and quite hilarious.

Thanks, BigFish, and more of these, please!

posted in King Arthur on Sep 27, 10 2:55 AM
I'm in the target group too, and I can read more than one letter at a time. I deleted the game after 20 minutes, as 10 of those were taken up with waiting for the text to type out.

Clicking on the red arrow just moved on from the text - I had expected it to at least show the completed text, then move on at the next click.

Shame - I love all things King Arthur related.

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 23, 10 11:51 AM
joyce2121 wrote:Hi ancientpeas and welcome to the pond.

Don't let the grammer police throw you off, they are such a small
group and easy to ignore. I personally read posts for content and I
enjoyed your review very much.

Please come back often.

With all due respect, Joyce, that should be "grammar" police.

posted in Royal Trouble on Sep 10, 10 5:50 AM
Is the dialogue clickable, ie, if you click on the screen, does it move on to the next line?

I am a fairly fast reader, and I don't like having to wait until the game moves me on to the next line, long after I've finished reading the current one.

posted in The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy on Aug 30, 10 7:30 AM
Oh, dear.

I downloaded it, played it, and deleted it after about 15 minutes.

The custom cursor was cumbersome on my computer, and having to move the cursor to the inventory bar when I wanted to see what I was looking for got on my nerves within minutes.

Such a shame, because it looked as if I'd have really enjoyed it if not for these two technical failings.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets on Jul 20, 10 4:36 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I was amazed that it took so long - I usually trot through games quite quickly, so to find one that takes six hours, and isn't a CE*, is a delight.

I thought I'd be disappointed as I played it after I'd played Elixir, but no, I was very happy.

The hidden object scenes were quite easy in some cases, but there were some beautifully hidden things, and sometimes I could get through most of the list in a few minutes but spend another five looking for that one elusive last object.

I liked the adventure bits, ie, going back and forth to use objects in different places (oh, how long did I wait for that corkscrew to be the "useful object") and overall, I was impressed by the game.

Just one negative comment - I absolutely hate the "character appears from the side of the screen, speaks, and then disappears off again" type of dialogue. Please, developers, have them stay still!

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 11, 10 9:47 AM
This is an excellent game.

Great graphics, wonderful hidden object scenes, an actual storyline and good interactive bits.

I love tiny objects and difficult hidden object scenes, with good, logical interactive sections, so this one is right up my street.

I haven't finished it yet and I have been playing for almost four hours on the difficult setting.

Well done, developers and BFG.

posted in Artifacts of the Past: Ancient Mysteries on Jul 10, 10 7:28 AM
Not a buyer for me, I'm afraid. Might consider it if it's a DD sometime.

I can't turn off custom cursor - I like my ordinary cursor. The objects are rather too "junkpile" for my liking, and there wasn't much clever hiding of things. I hate using the hint button, and once or twice I just clicked it to get the scene over with - never a good sign.

There was a bit of variety in the different puzzles, but not enough to keep me interested.

The FROG elements were OK but sometimes the pieces were much too obvious.

I got a bit bored of the frequent "loading" scenes (story 2 - close your mouth, love!).

All in all, I can see why other people would enjoy it, but it's not for me.

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Jun 25, 10 5:00 AM
When someone finishes it, could you tell me roughly how long it takes? I notice it's not a big file size.

I'm having to be a bit careful with the dosh and very selective as to what I buy.

I'll give the trial a go, though, on the basis of what you've all posted here.

posted in Vampireville on Mar 24, 10 2:22 PM
Thank goodness I'm not the only one.

Both the Keanu Reeves and Helena Bonham-Carter resemblances struck me too.

My favourite description of Helena B-C was from a review of Sweeney Todd. "Ms Bonham-Carter, looking like a pile of Gothic laundry..."

Great game. Do I wait for my April free game, or do I blow 4 quid on this right now?

posted in Joan Jade and the Gates of Xibalba on Mar 18, 10 1:26 PM
I enjoyed the trial, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. The mini games were fun to start with, but I started thinking "not another block slider" and "not another match pairs" and so I'll buy it if it comes up as a DD.

I'll probably buy this, it looks beautiful and from what I've read, is just the sort of game I love.

Just one thing - I wish that these CEs would count as two purchases on our monthly punch cards, just as a little extra reward for those of us who pay the higher price.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator