Posts created by Dialogue

posted in Syberia II on Jan 15, 12 7:31 PM
I agree, glamma. Instead of starting the game and leaving it for a few days or never going back to it, I kept moving right along because other people were playing with me. With a game as beautiful as this one it wasn't too hard to keep playing but I played Syberia II a lot quicker than Syberia because of the group play.

I'll keep checking to see what game is next also. It is fun playing this way.

posted in Syberia II on Jan 15, 12 4:05 PM
Finished

What a beautiful story.

posted in Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 12 9:36 AM
Another dark, dreary game. Maybe I'll consider it if it comes down to $2.99. Otherwise, I don't even it want to play the demo. It's too bad that the game is another gloomy one because when I looked at the video, the minigames looked interesting. I wouldn't mind so much if the scenes were brighter. Why can't the sun ever shine in these games.

posted in Syberia II on Jan 14, 12 4:58 PM
Hooray! I finally made it out of the Youkol village but alas, now I'm stuck on an iceberg with all these penguins looking at me as if I can't drive very well. I guess I better find a way to get my big boat out of their living room.

I'll have to take a break though. For someone who is directionally challenged it would have been very tiring if not for the coffee in my guest room. Youkol coffee sure packs a punch.

As for Oscar's sacrifice...I now have two friends in one.

I wonder if Anna had all the instructions written out for her. After all, the train was built for her. With Hans' attention to detail, I'm sure he wouldn't have left all this for Anna to figure out on her own. I'm just saying.

It's such a gorgeous game.

posted in Syberia II on Jan 14, 12 12:25 PM
Thanks, djrum, I think I'll join you in that cup of coffee. I'd better go back to my hut now. I feel so tired. That cup of coffee just might pep me up.

Thank you, popla. I am enjoying the game very much. I will keep in mind that community is what group play is all about.

posted in Syberia II on Jan 13, 12 7:48 PM
Congratulations to all of you who have made it to the end. I've made it to the Youkol village and have been walking around in this maze for awhile. I think I'll be able to figure it out when I go through the village a second time. Hopefully I can figure out how to get past those drums so I can see Hans soon.

posted in Syberia II on Jan 11, 12 4:31 PM
Hi All,

I finished Syberia two days ago and liked the story so much I started Syberia II yesterday. I made it to the monastery.

I just dropped in to say Hello. This is my first time ever playing the Syberia series. It is a beautiful story and a well made adventure game. I'm glad I decided to trust the forums and buy these two games when I saw them. I think I got one of them as a daily deal. I might have paid full price for the second game but it is well worth the money. Playing this game reminds me how much I enjoyed the Myst and Uru series. I hope this one does not turn out to be as heart breaking as they are, but they, too, are beautiful stories.

Back to the game.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 11, 12 11:14 AM
katlady3 wrote:So do we know how to get to play bonus level after level 40? I've played in normal, & easy mode with gold each time! Are you saying I have to play in "expert" mode to play it? Thanks for any help...Is there a fix coming?

I sure hope not because I am playing in easy mode and will be upset if I manage to make it all the way to level forty and not be able to play the bonus level. I usually play these types of games in untimed mode so playing with a timer is different for me. I made it through the first 10 levels with a gold score and played the bonus on the level in gold time. I hope I can do the rest in gold time. If I do and I run into the same problem I will not be happy being unable to play the bonus level. Expert mode is out of the question for me. Did you try playing level 40 twice. In expert mode all the players who got the bonus played level 40 twice. Maybe it works in the other modes also.

posted in Jigsaws Galore on Jan 10, 12 2:34 PM
I bought this program from the developer years ago and he has made some improvements over the years. The other reviews describe the basics of the game. Besides being able to change the size and shape of the pieces the player can use trays to keep parts of the game together like jigsaw puzzlers use the box top and bottom to do. Only the player has more trays to use. The player can also name the trays so you can remember what each tray contains.

You can see the completed picture as you go along as well as see a ghost picture in the work area where you can see if the piece goes where you think it does. Pieces also lock into place when placed correctly.

The biggest plus about this game is you can have as many pieces or as few pieces as you want to use. I haven't tried a thousand piece puzzle yet as I have so many other games but I like to do the 400 piece jigsaws just to relax awhile.

Since I didn't download this from Big Fish (I wasn't sure if it would interfere with my installed game ) I'm not sure if all these features are in this version.

Whether they are or not, the basic game is well worth the money.

This is the utimate in jigsaw puzzling

posted in Magicville: Art of Magic on Jan 5, 12 9:07 AM
Another dark, dreary game. This time in a Match 3 game. As if we didn't get enough of dark games. No buy for me. Even for $3.

posted in Starlaxis: Rise of the Light Hunters on Jan 2, 12 5:50 PM
I couldn't play the game the first time I downloaded but when I downloaded it the second time on another computer I was able to play the game. I don't care for the Tetris like part of the game too much but once I figured out how to play the game it didn't bother me a lot. I was able to get rid of the scrap metal eventually even though I had no idea what I was doing. By the time the first enemies showed up on the screen I had figured out what I was supposed to do and how to do it. There is so much going on in this game it is a little difficult to play but it is fun too. I stopped the demo so I could type this. I have eighteen minutes left and I think I'll use them.

To anyone who doesn't understand how to play the game, I can write what I do understand about the game. Your ship is on the bottom of the screen as is the scrap metal, enemies and whatever else shows up. There is a grid above you with falling cubes. The cubes are letters, numbers and direction arrows. Right click the mouse to: change the letter A to B,C, or D: change the up arrow to right, down or left arrows: change the number 1 cube to 2,3 or 4.

There are commands in the upper left corner. The B plus arrow keys move your spaceship in the direction of the arrows. As the cubes fall you have to create the combinations on the left hand side of the screen in order to move or fire your guns.

It took me about 1/2 hour to figure this out but once I did the game was much more fun to play. At first I thought I was supposed to make match 3's but that is not how the game is played. I accidentally created enough combos to get through the tutorial. When the first ship attacked me on the second level I quickly figured out what I was supposed to be doing and how to do it. It's a fun game. I'll be spending a lot of time playing this one.

I give this game out of 5 and a for the poor instructions.

Have fun players.

posted in Azada: In Libro on Dec 26, 11 2:42 PM
I enjoyed playing the first two Azadas but this one turns me off. I bought the game hoping I could get used to the dark, dreary screens but alas, it's not happening. Everything about the game is so well done but it is dreary. For a dark, dreary game with excellent graphics, I'll play Drawn. Even the last Drawn game is a lot brighter than this one. This game is not Azada and I won't spend another dime on an ERS Azada game.

I give this game for puzzles (no s for this game) and for the dreariness. I'm a little sick that ERS destroyed Azada.

I have now finished the game and the darkness only got worse as the game went along. The puzzles were different and really nice. I enjoyed their complexity. My biggest gripe is how did Azada go from 3 Little Pigs and Rapunzel to demons and evil magicians? Don't we have enough games with that theme already?

posted in Starlaxis: Rise of the Light Hunters on Dec 22, 11 8:26 AM
When I tried to play the game I saw the little spacecraft opening screen then it changed to a black screen with input not supported floating around. This is the first time I've ever seen that. I'm running Windows XP with 2 GB of ram and direct X 9.0c. My graphics card has 512 MB of ram and all my drivers are up to date, including the sound drivers. I had to Ctrl Alt Del out of the screen. Any ideas people?

posted in Christmas Puzzle on Dec 22, 11 7:55 AM
I bought this game last year and played it all the way through with no problems. I am in the process of playing it again. If I install this update, I will probably lose my place in the game and have to start from the beginning. I'm far into the game and don't want to restart as I only play a few levels a day and have been at it for a while now. Can you tell me where the gave is saved in Windows XP so I can copy the file and repaste it after the update is installed?

posted in Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 11 7:46 AM
Thank you for letting us know about the timer. This is a no try for me. I didn't get very far into the first Royal Envoy within the time limit. I probably would never finish this one, even with a generous timer (What is a generous timer at the higher levels?). Besides, the only reason I even tried the first one is because I could play beyond the time the timer ran out. I enjoyed the game but I'm not going to be taxed by this new one.

posted in The Island: Castaway 2 on Dec 15, 11 5:16 PM
I waited so long for this game to come out. I was happy to see it yesterday. I downloaded the demo on the developer's site last month and really enjoyed the game. I can't wait until I can find the time to play the whole game. This is definitely one of my favorite games.

I enjoyed Wandering Willows also but I read that a sequel to that one is not likely as the creator is not with the developer anymore. That's too bad. I liked that one a lot too.

Has anyone heard when Pahelika 2 might hit Big Fish Games. It's been out for a while now.

Really nice game. Fun to play.

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on Dec 8, 11 9:11 PM
I just finished the game. I don't care for romance stories at all but this story wasn't too bad and the gameplay made up for the mushy parts of the story. I got this one as a daily deal. I'll probably buy part II the first time it becomes available.

I give this game out of 5 s. Good game!

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Dec 8, 11 6:11 AM
shagwendy wrote:Played a few minutes of the demo and it's a buy for me. If you misclick it gives you a bad sound and I think I read that you only get 3 misclicks so I save a few objects I've found so I can click around twice, then click one I know is right so I don't get the penalty , anybody else ever use that strategy? It seems to be bright and cheerful even though it's a haunted H0G.

I bought it before so I must have enjoyed playing it. I also use the misclick method that you use but it doesn't work in all games. A couple of games I played remembered the misclicks and accumulated them so the player still gets the penalty.

posted in Mushroom Age on Dec 6, 11 4:11 PM
HasNazir wrote:I've now uninstalled this game, and will no longer be playing it. Too many contradictions, and being wrong ie a being pretending to be God, and then the speaker saying there is a bit of God in all of us, and going from time travelling to all this, is just plain ridiculous.

Yes, you can do anything with a story, but for a person who plays because of a good story line, this is the worst one ever. Only consolation, I have is that I've brought in on the Daily Deal. This is the worst game that I've ever played. Should get a grip on what your trying to say to the game player, you want to use religion, but then talk about being secular, this is not good, not good at all. Of course we're not here to debate secular and religion, but the developer's should again get a grip, your entitled to use what you want, but bringing all this in, is not good enough, and I don't see why they needed to, it didn't add to the game..

For those of us players with wide open minds this game is just plain fun and funny. I'm waiting for Mushroom Age II.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator