Posts created by ZuluDawn13

posted in Dreamland on Jun 8, 11 7:18 PM
WooHoo, another fabulous game from Nevosoft - been hanging out for a decent game!!

This game is measures up to our so-called CE's but at a fraction of the price, excellent value.

Thank You Developers for a beautiful game, graphics, music, fun puzzles, a Map to allow us to Jump to different areas without the footslog.

The other feature I really liked was that when looking at the Task List in our Book, we could Click On the Task and we would be taken to that area.

I liked the Adventures too, making me think where to find items of use, re-visiting areas helped to find elusive items.

I loved the Wheel of fortune with its inbuilt little puzzles in order to get a ticket to the next ride or adventure.

Maybe the hog scenes could have been a little easier - I found some items quite difficult to find including the Marbles and the Starfish but this is a small criticism and will have me replaying the game again to find them.

All in all, very impressed with the game and hopefully BF can source more QUALITY games like this.

posted in AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo on Jun 7, 11 2:02 AM
With 22 minutes still left on the trial game, I had to exit out and make this game a NO buy for me unfortunately.

I understand comments re the dizzy factor as you pan around the scenery in the game. I had the panning speed set to Slow, but gee wilekers, I was getting dizzy just trying to Look around.

I guess with this game being an Adventure, I should have expected LOTS of talking with people, maybe I don't have enough patience for Adventure games but enough already, I was done with the talking.

posted in Vampire Mansion: A Linda Hyde Mystery on Jun 5, 11 1:18 AM

OMG big black dialogue type boxes left and right which list items to find and comments to try and explain your ádventure', takes up a lot of the screen.

Constant loading to go forward if one can see any of the items to collect..

Had to use the Arrows on my computer to go left right up down - not pointer control..

Graphics were cartoon style..

Too much story in between scenes..

Felt like I was walking thru thick mud to get anywhere..

NO buy here..

think I have been a bit spoiled because during May I bought more games then ever - games were very enjoyable that month..

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 2:55 AM
Stuck on Parrot and phone too, have trowel and razor blade - can't use anywhere.

Need a gold coin and an old fashioned vinyl record to use in office picture but cannot locate it.

Great game - need a keen eye and a thinking cap oh, and patience too..

Would appreciate fishies help please..

posted in Dream Inn: Driftwood on May 29, 11 4:34 AM
A delightful game indeed.

If you would like to have a break for a few hours and enjoy a fun game this is it.

Dream Inn: Driftwood is about visiting and old manor and doing it up.
To do so you will need to find objects and collect gold coins, to liven things up there are a few extra things to click on in each scene which add to the fun.

There's more to this game than just collecting coins (to enable you to do the place up) so its a game that needs to be played for at least the full hour to get an idea of whats in store.

It was a buy for me and with BF 9th Birthday offer I consider this purchase very worthwhile.

To the game developers my comments are:
1. PLEASE stop with the overclicking penalties - I felt dizzy with rapidly moving cursor

2. Some items would not be 'placed' with the cursor even though the item was being placed correctly (discovered on taking a Hint)

3. Some items were placed so far to the right or left it was difficult to collect them.

Despite this hopefully, consctructive criticism, I would definately buy again.

Paint the scissors grey as close to the edges as you can slowly, when finished, the paintbrush changes to an arrow, use your çlaw' item in the inventory on the paper scissors and they will change to metal.

I found the same worked with the heart.

Paint the scissors grey as close to the edges as you can slowly, when finished, the paintbrush changes to an arrow, use your çlaw' item in the inventory on the paper scissors and they will change to metal.

I found the same worked with the heart.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 6, 11 4:13 AM
Wow, what an Awesome game: 4 out of 5

Top Quality in all respects - to everyone involved in creating this wonderful game... Other devs could well take a leaf from your books!!!

Congratulations on a job well done and thanks for the variety of play and puzzles too.

Elephant Games make spectacular games which I will happily snap up.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ELEPHANT GAMES..

posted in Celtic Lore: Sidhe Hills on Apr 20, 11 3:10 AM
Pity, could have been a good game - looked interesting at first sight.

Graphics - some scenes quite pretty but were spoiled with inset cartoon type items

Objects were very difficult to see (for me) too well hidden inside vegetation etc

Items needed for making potions didn't make sense - ie cloth for soup

Music - I turned it off - bit repetitious

Hints - rapid refresh

This game may be for a much younger group of people but even though I do like kids games too, this one was just too much handholding for me.

I think this game for me is a no buy and a out of

posted in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo on Mar 28, 11 12:51 AM
This game may be suited to children, its mainly finding hidden objects, some are in pieces and its a rather clicky slow to get anywhere game.

Graphics are pretty basic along with navigation of the scenes.

A lot of reading/dialogue.

It seems that the game was made on a shoestring budget and i would not use a credit on this offering.

posted in Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles on Mar 27, 11 1:06 AM
I found this game rather frustrating,

The easel fixing thing with 3 wheels and mixing the paint colours puzzle its a shame there is NO Skip.

I do like adventure games and maybe I should try again later when a WT pops up.

In the meanwhile to those fishies who have more patience enjoy..

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 11 5:13 AM
After the high quality graphics and gameplay of the recent CÉs on offer, this game does not measure up well enough to claim CE price.

Its a dull grey kinda game and once you do find items of use somewhere, I'd be danged if I could work out that the sticky tape was meant to fix a chair.
Some actions didn't seem to make logical sense.

The game was kinda jerky, and i didn't like having to find some stuff by torch but that is just a preference.

I usually turn Music right down so cannot comment on that.

I would use a credit on this one in the regular version to pass the time.

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Mar 23, 11 5:50 AM
I love your little game and its cute characters, its challenging and addictive.

One request I have would be that you do not have Rainbow and her mate interupting gameplay when i am trying to work out what i am going to do on that level. It is VERY annoying and the only thing which is a big turn off.

Apart from that you have an excellent game and i would buy a follow up series hopefully without characters who stop you in your tracks during actual gameplay.

Similar games like Roads to Rome and such like just give us the levels to play without interuption and that is what i enjoy most.

posted in Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient on Mar 21, 11 8:09 PM
Lol Puzzledone, yeah its a weirdly programmed game.

Game DISPLAY (thick black bands top and bottom and limited view of Menu etc buttons) is the BIG issue which caused me not to buy, wouldn't even waste a credit on this one.

Also, the **** Click Penalty which LOCKS the pointer.

My desktop icons were all over the shop too after installing (and reinstalling) this game and i had to rearrange every single desktop icon after each install which wasted a lot of time - i too like to have each icon in its little spot.

I agree we have been a bit spoilt lately and I guess a doozie like this game just had to rock us back to reality so we will appreciate the great games even more..

posted in Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient on Mar 21, 11 8:25 AM
Thanks so much for your reply Puzzledone

I did check the 1 2 3 options in the Options Menue too but on full screen is where my display probs were. My screen is a 20 inch wide and so far no real probs to speak of with BF games - until this weird game screen came along.

Yeah, the bit of paper on the left or whatever its supposed to be?? that was my way out of the game.

I tried reinstall and resolution changes and compatibility etc and I really can't be bothered now.

The game is a bit lame anyway and there are those horrid Click Penalties which really get my fins flapping - why do developers use these??

I prefer NOT Buying Games With Click Penalties that make your eyes go crossed or zonk the brain out as I have problems with flickering bright lights and such like.

I think I will just bypass this game..

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Mar 21, 11 6:43 AM
I bought this Updated New Version of the game yesterday on 21 March 2011 and, unfortunately, am still getting REGULAR Access Violation Messages

I have uninstalled and reinstalled today 22 March 2011 and still having the Access Violation message on early levels.. Not sure what to do now..

posted in Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient on Mar 21, 11 1:03 AM
The game screen option allows selection of full screen or windowed screen however, the full screen presents with black wide band at top and bottom of screen and the pictures stretches way to the left and right tipping of the sides so to obsure hint and menu items on left and right...

I tried setting different resolutions for my Vista pc but to no avail.

Can other fishies help this floundering fishy please?

posted in Shades of Death: Royal Blood on Mar 19, 11 4:36 AM
I tried and bought this adventure hog with pleasure.
Really enjoyed the demo.

The hidden objects did take some patience but then I like to take my time. I found most without using a hint and all scenes were clear and light enough to find items.

Puzzles are fun and not too hard. (skip button available)

Graphics are lovely and its great just to have a really good look at the buildings and their interesting rooms and old furniture.

Compliments to the game artists.
Compliments to the game developers.

Thanks BF for another great game this last week - keep them coming please

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 8, 11 2:23 AM
What is going on with the LOW quality games the last few weeks?

I am a very happy BF customer who wants to buy good quality games!!

I am almost biting my nails waiting for a decent quality game to come along.

I too wonder if BF cannot source enough games to fulfill their claim to Ä New Game Every Day!"...???

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 4, 11 3:11 AM
Looked like a cute game but I couldn't get a full screen display no matter how many times i readjusted my screen resolution.

I tried to play it in different "Compatibility Modes" but that didn't work either. I have Vista PC and this is only the second game I cannot play from BF.

Pity, I don't mind these types of games.

To those fishies who have no display probs, enjoy!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator