Posts created by samwise50

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 10, 10 4:29 PM
Sinshack, you're right, it doesn't work all the time, makes sense but it took me a while to figure it out. I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled.
Anyway, I finished. As I said it was tough. I'm not used to real adventure games. Lots of brain cells not used to be put to work. I made it in 6 hours, used lots of hints, consulted the walkthrough 3 times, reset puzzles to easy mode. Not very good as you can see.
I'm not giving up though. I'll play again. I want to improve my score.
Loved it, really. Can't wait for chapter 2.
Thank you and Kheops.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 10, 10 12:14 PM
Please, someone? I really need help with the Hint button? Am I the only one having this "problem", if it is a problem.

Thanks again...

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 10, 10 11:08 AM
Anybody else having problems with the Hint system? I got none. It's not available at all. I used it at the beginning, no problem, it was replenishing slowly but it was there. The shiny halo around the guy on bottom right of the screen is black, nothing's happening.

Maybe it's available in certain areas or certain tasks. I REALLY need a hint here.

Thanks for your help.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 10, 10 7:58 AM
It's a tough one!

I'm happy it's a man at last. Enough of niece-daughter-sister-whatever. The very short intro is stunning.

The music is repetitive and doesn't add anything to the game. The voice-over is pleasant.

Very challenging for me. I am using the Hint system, although after I had to find a basket there was no hint available. I wonder.

I don't know if we spend the whole time in the cave because I will have to adjust the brightness. Way too dark!!!!! Part of the reason I used too many hints.

Puzzles are hard enough for me, thank you. The first ones had the Reset feature which gave me the Easy option. Then, along with the Hints, this feature was unavailable.

I set up to panorama view. Nice addition. I may get dizzy though, we'll see.

I think it's a good purchase. I'll need the walkthrough at some point. Thank you Chie for it.

Thank you after one-hour play.

posted in Reincarnations: Awakening on Jan 5, 10 10:02 AM
Puzzledone wrote:
I'd never trust a torrent game, probably the 2 is their version not original with god knows what attached. Pirated, and I believe artists and writers deserve their due for their honest work. They are getting ripped off of $ they could invest in their next venture.

I can't agree more. Right on!

I've played it 3 times so far. I'll have to wait a little bit because I know it so well now.

Can't wait for Volume 2.

posted in Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise on Jan 5, 10 9:55 AM
Sorry but this game is not worth a credit. Very poor graphics. Even with a Hint, I can't find an item. That's when I stopped. I understand you can play with the dark/bright settings but that shouldn't have to be adjusted all the time.

posted in Reincarnations: Awakening on Jan 4, 10 7:16 PM
Anybody knows when they'll come up with the sequel? I went on Vogat Interactive website but it's not English. I can't find a way to write to them and ask.

I saw on a Torrent's website what seems to be a #2. They call it Reincarnations: Awakening 2. I don't do Torrents so I'm hoping someone here will know if will get it and when.

Very good game. I can't wait.

posted in The Mirror Mysteries on Dec 25, 09 6:24 PM
What a lovely game! It reminded me of Mortimer Becket indeed. I saw the same comment from other fishies. Not a bad thing at all, in the contrary. Everything was just right, gorgeous graphics, lovely story, the dialogue between the mirror and the mom were intelligent and short as well as the interaction between the other characters and her. Some objects were hard to find; I had to use a hint here and there. I skipped one puzzle, can't figure it out. Very entertaining game. Too short though. You want more when you enjoy yourself. Also, it really helped me calm down and dream. I hope there will be a sequel. I don't regret this purchase a bit.
Thank you Gogii, The Easy Co., and . It was a

posted in The Mirror Mysteries on Dec 24, 09 6:29 PM
I did it. I can't resist. I love the game even though it's on the short side. Like others mentioned, it reminds me of Mortimer Becket a lot. Very good IHOG. Graphics are gorgeous, the music is not a problem, didn't even turned it down as I usually do. I like the concept, the storyline, and the talking mirror has such a handsome voice! Some would say it's another super woman character saving the day but what can we do? I finally accepted the fact that it's the motto of most of game developpers these days. It's ok with me. Thanks Gogii and .

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all of you!

I just finished the game and I must say that I am pleased. However I don't know if it was worth paying $20. I used the strategy guide only twice, a few hints here and there, and I skipped only 2 puzzles. The graphics are really gorgeous though. It's a nice game, well put together but not challenging enough for my taste. Nothing like Dire Grove. I think I would have been better off getting the regular version given the fact that the extras are not worth the price between the 2 versions. I give it out of 5 for concept and art. Thanks

posted in Samantha Swift: Mystery From Atlantis on Dec 16, 09 3:35 PM
Rebeca Lily, I agree with you 100%. This is not as good as the previous ones, it's almost a bad game. Well, the good and the bad have been said so I won't add to it except it's a no-go for me.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 4, 09 3:48 PM
I was not sure about this game. I read reviews and decided to give it a try. It's not the best game of the year but it's a very decent one. Lots of interaction along with HOs. The puzzles were interesting. The story is original. The music is good enough that I didn't mute it. There is potential which we will probably see in the sequel. I didn't like the graphics much, somewhat blurred and grainy. I hope they will address this issue in the future. The hint system is good and I needed it because of what I previously stated. The journal is very helpful.The difficulty level is medium. I took my time, read and listened to everything so I went through in 4 hours. Basicaly a good game. I give it out of 5. Thank you . Keep up the good work.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 3, 09 5:55 PM
I apologize if my question has already been answered. For an average player, how long would you say it takes to go through? Got a credit to spare. I really enjoyed the demo.

Thanks.

posted in Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper on Dec 3, 09 5:20 PM
Campfire is a VERY GOOD GAME. Worth the money. I knew would not get it so I bought it from another site, full price.

posted in Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper on Dec 3, 09 1:57 PM
20 minutes and I was done. No interest whatsoever. Extremely boring game. Fingerprints are very hard to find, blurred, almost invisible. Graphics are so-so (being polite here). Bunch of stuff thrown around, either out of proportion or tiny. Didn't care about the music (muted) nor the storyline. It's very hard not to compare when BFG gave us so many outstanding games lately. This one doesn't deserve more than not because it's a straight forward HOG (I prefer interactive games) but because it's simply not a good game. Sorry.

posted in Find Your Own Way Home on Dec 2, 09 6:34 PM
The graphics are decent and fairly clear. The music is cool. No timer is on the plus side also. Hints replenish fast enough. BUT finding differences and taking pictures is an annoying thing. Been there, done that, enough if it. However, hovering your mouse slowly over the entire scene will give you the exact spot to photograph. I got bored. Nice try but it's a no-go for me. Sorry
I give it 2 out of 5.

For my third play, It took me 2 hours 54 minutes 42 sec. My score is 78% which is great as it was 56% the first time. I still have to get the Eagle Eye, Perfect Intuition, and of course Tour of the Office. I finally got to use the phone. Very happy about that. Well, I'm not the fastest, and MargieB has been very helpful, as well as other fishies here, but still, I am very proud of myself.

Thank you Koalanut.
I'm off to play my third round then!

I did it. Finished and all. However, at the end of the credits when the screen's all black with white writing around the edges, I guess I clicked where I shouldn't have because it brought me back to the beginning of the game. No way to go back to the Secret Room and enter the phone number.

Did I do something wrong or is it normal that we have to play all over again in order to use the phone? Will the receiver still be there?

Hope so...

Okeydookey Mr_Russ. I'll keep trying. Thanks a lot

Oh! I just metamorphosed from seahorse to starfish.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator