Posts created by nanaseaweed

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 3, 10 6:43 AM
Beautiful! Technically, wonderful, works fine on my comp, Vaio, Windows 7, aero card turned off, No screen freezes this time! I had fun, playing it and Franklin and the Hint system were a great help!
BFG developers should be proud!
5 fin production!!
Nana

posted in The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy on Sep 3, 10 6:31 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:Wow clunky is a good description for controls and bottom banner...It is very distracting and takes away from the character of the game. It is well drawn. The language borders on less than charming and some of the objects can not be seen, It took a Hint to find them. I did not click on the help when I first went in. I found myself lost at goat man. I don't know where to find the small rocks . Anyway I'm going to take a break and try later. I love the fantasy part I hope I'll like it but I'm not sure yet.
Nana

Update: I bought it. I like it , it's beautiful, but...BUT..script error in the middle of the game? At the guard part when the cable car reaches him. I uninstalled, reinstalled and it did not come back. At the cable car I could not collect last part of one of the clues, game played anyway. Then script error at bottom by guard. When I reinstalled I still could not collect the clue part but the script error was gone. Now I'm through the waterfall, wow, all kinds of problems. They are all cursor related, (not responding when it should).. Adventure? maybe, but I'm going back in today to continue . I'll update again at end of game play.

posted in The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy on Aug 30, 10 7:17 AM
Wow clunky is a good description for controls and bottom banner...It is very distracting and takes away from the character of the game. It is well drawn. The language borders on less than charming and some of the objects can not be seen, It took a Hint to find them. I did not click on the help when I first went in. I found myself lost at goat man. I don't know where to find the small rocks . Anyway I'm going to take a break and try later. I love the fantasy part I hope I'll like it but I'm not sure yet.
Nana

posted in Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition on Aug 26, 10 6:33 AM

Coffee break time! So far I am having fun! The options are great and the game is working very smoothly. I have made it to the theater and searching around there. I am in the casual mode. I love the sense of humor of the remarks when you choose the wrong item for a puzzle. The colors are clear, the music is so so, the sound effects can be annoying, just turn them down and I love the price so I bought it right out. I thought I would share this with you.
Nana/Sal

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff on Aug 14, 10 6:51 AM
queenbee43j wrote:Hello Fishies!! I am having the same problem as a lot of people! I get pretty far into the game and then, I have to stop for while, When I go back to start the game again, it tells me the file has been corrupted and I have to start all over again, with a new profile. I have had to start over three times! I sure am getting tired of doing that! Help Big Fish!!!!! Janey from Texas

this happened to me yesterday and I was in Chapter 6! told me my profile was corrupted and re play under a new name! Just before this happened it would not play at all . I had to cntrl alt del and exit in task manager...3 times..the last time it finally opened as I was leaving the game and I played to chapter 6 ...that's when I got the corruption notice. I have started again as a new player but how discouraging!

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Aug 8, 10 5:39 AM
I finished this game the other day and I waited to comment because I found it at times easy to follow and at other times difficult. I used the walkthrough then and it was a help. I thought it was drawn well and the items were easy to find for the most part. However it wasn't always clear on where to go. I could have used a map. I finished the game but had items left in my inventory. I completely missed a whole room! I don't know how but I did! So I guess I can replay it. I suppose I could have let the walk through hold my hand but I try not to...so I was completely surprised when it had ended! LOL...anyway..it was a long play for me and interesting.
Nana

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy on Aug 8, 10 5:26 AM
Well I just finished this game. Lots to do and fun spooky surprises. I probably played for over 12 hours total. I'm slow but I love to solve all the puzzles too. I couldn't solve 2 of them. I went in as 2 different players because I had started the game a couple of weeks ago and wanted to refresh my memory. The object scenes were the same in most cases. I found that as I played the game too. But that was the only let down. The game moved right along and when you use all their notes etc. you can manuver quite well. There is a lot of moving around to find objects and to use them in the scenes. I like that...it adds to the fun and anxiety. I'm glad I bought it and recommend it for those who have strong stomachs.
There are bugs and snakes...oh my! and as Victor would say...MUWWAAAHahaha

Nana

Hi I had a glitch in the game with the second chapter opening puzzle. I was successful at saving the king but it did not register with the game. It wants me to play it again. I will uninstall the game for now.
Sally

It is a good example of the first game again. It seems more refined in that the developers have stepped up the depth of finding things. I had one glich in the beginning of the second chapter. I played the puzzle game and was successful but it did not register with the game and I had to play it over again. I skipped to a different section instead. My trial version is over now so I'm not sure if I will buy it. I'll wait for a while to see if anyone else had this problem. If not it might just be my glitch. I will uninstall for now. Have fun with this game those of you it is working for it seems like it might be interesting. I think I will post this in technical issues too.
Nana

posted in Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal on Aug 4, 10 8:38 AM
Well this was different! I like the sense of humor of the demon..I think it could be a lot of fun for some of us! I got through the first chapter when my trial ended. It played well, no hangups, items were okay to find but I used the magnifier and the hints too. Younger eyes should not have too many problems finding things but the things are well hidden. The graphics are clear on a cartoon level and the subject matter seemed light hearted. It should be a long play if each chapter (10) take as much time. Music was so so...I kept it low.
Nana

Well I just finished this game and the extra game. I thought the whole game all 3 novellas were done well. Lots to do, the strategy guide was right there when you needed it and I needed it! I played the casual or easier mode and it was challenging! Great graphics music was so so to me...I kept it low...and the extra game was also a challenge. I love the concept art and wall papers and CE are like my new collectible. Plenty of replay and another level of difficulty. It took me over 3 days to play at 4 hours or more a day. I'm very satisfied with this offering.
A five fin offering!!
Nana

posted in The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on Jul 28, 10 7:23 AM
What fun!! It is like reading a new E book but you get to play too! I think the devs did a good job. The atmosphere is correct and the music (on low) is just right. The objects are well hidden in some cases! I used up my 5 hints and had to keep looking for more little flasks to fill hint up! I loved the opening scene and the voice over...just creepy enough! I thought the graphics were well done also.
The characters were well blended and I was in my second or third chapter when I finished the hour. I know this will be on my buy list!
I say Try It ..you might like it!

Nana

posted in Journalistic Stories on Jul 19, 10 5:12 AM
LOL...me too!
Nana

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 18, 10 6:59 AM
I tried Normal mode first and the first screen went well. I had to get used to looking for the objects the way the developers listed them and I liked their technique and some new ways , at least for me to find some objects. That being said the next screen was a bust.
It was a find the shape one and I even went back in as a new player on Easy and wow I couldn't find the things they were too tiny. It's too bad because I would have liked to have tried to progress but I don't think my older eyes can.
sad Nana

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets on Jul 17, 10 12:33 PM
I spoke to soon! When I exited out and tried to replay I got the same error message. Oh well...back to the drawing board.
Nana

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets on Jul 17, 10 12:18 PM
Hi,
I right clicked on my desk top Games Manager icon and clicked
"run as administrator". Then I opened manager and clicked on play now, for Vampire Secrets and I did not get the error message and it worked.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets on Jul 17, 10 4:39 AM
I'm getting a slightly different error it told me that it was terminated because of an error in writing or script and terminated program then went to trial minutes left screen. I have uninstalled it and will wait for a fix. I am running a Vaio, ATI graphics card , Windows 7, 1600 x 900 res...and most of the new games have run correctly. A couple of days ago there was a game with a crash prob also. Is this the same?
Nana

Your error message is similar to my error message.

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 14, 10 4:49 AM
Great review Tarlyna and welcome to the Pond! You said it all for me! I played Expert and it was quite a challenge for me! Great Game BFG
Nana

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 11, 10 6:52 AM
I like it! I played expert level and the hidden objects were sometimes difficult to find. They are well hidden. It took me 50 mins. to play Chapter 1 (one) at this level for me. I'm no expert but I liked the challenge. It seems to be an interesting story line. I'm intrigued so I will buy it. I had no problems with it loading, the music, sound effects, or saving the game. The graphics were clear even for a fuzzy scene. As I said I like it!
Try it!
Nana

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Jul 10, 10 8:03 AM
What a great Daily Deal! Try it you will like it!
One of the best games I've played!
Sally

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator