Posts created by Robsim

posted in Legacy: Witch Island on Oct 14, 13 8:48 AM
My goodness. . .downloaded this game and, after pressing 'play', the game's screen told me my resolution is too low (resolution's on the highest available). I'm using Windows 8 (2.6 gigs, all drivers up-to-date, etc.). What in the world more could this game possibly want. . .or need!?!

posted in Jeweller: The Cursed Treasures on Oct 4, 13 7:53 AM
I don't purchase/play Match-3 games because there's nothing more to them than just that: Match-3!!!! Yet, after having found and played the 'Cave Quest' Match-3 game (which is also plays as a Hidden Object game) I have been hoping that another Match-3 would be developed similar to or exactly like it. Well, I thought I had found that in this game, 'Jeweler: The Cursed Treasures'. Yet, unfortunately, after downloading the demo and depressing play (from Game Manager), I found I was unable to swap any of the tiles to make any matches. I even went in and changed the 'game cursor' to 'system cursor' and the game still would not play. Don't know how old this game is, but it's sad that it doesn't work as I've been looking to rest from the overall HO genre for a bit. In addition, it was also a little off-putting that this was a timed game; however, as the game does have a nice mystery-themed story/adventure to it, that alone - for me - would have made up for the unwanted timer and I would've purchased. To those who are able to play this, enjoy!!

posted in Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation on Sep 30, 13 1:47 PM
Oooh wee!! After downloading the demo, I depressed the 'Play' button (from the game manager) and got only sound with a black screen. Depressing Ctrl, Alt, Del caused my whole system to lock up (Task Manager, BF Game manager, and the game). After about three Task Manager tries, I had to restart my system which cleared everything out. So much for that game (lol). No big deal; will simply move on to the next game!!

posted in Grim Facade: Sinister Obsession on Dec 18, 12 10:35 AM
Pleiadestar wrote:As all the others here I loved the game until the final cut-scene - the maid did what?? and why?? and then blank! At least a little explanation is in order here - a voice-over - something....

I thought the game had frozen me out - but then I came here and found that it was just a really LOUSY ending to a pretty good game.

Although I can appreciate the unhappy reaction to the way the game ended, why didn't you put a *Spoiler* alert at the top of your comment? For those of us who have NOT played the game, and have come into this area to read the reviews and to decide between which version (SE or CE) they want to purchase, won't matter now as you - and the commenter after you - have made the decision for us by spoiling the end!!! Thanks much!!!

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 18, 12 10:03 AM
Oh, good grief. . .just as I was about to download today's 'Grim Facade' special, something told me to chance-peek in this forum to see if the developers had an 'update' available for this game (Weird Park) and. . .surPRIIIIIIZE!! Now, like a restaurant desert tray/menu, I have to choose which one to play first. Certainly don't always make things easy around here, huh, BF?!?

Still, a big THANKS to the both of you for getting this small issue repaired for us. "LET THE GAMES BEGIIIIIIIN!!!!!!"

posted in Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood on Nov 17, 12 8:42 AM
Same as everyone else: no sound!! But, will do the 'uninstall/reinstall' process. Had to chuckle, though. . .after coming here into the 'Tech Problem' area, it answered my question as to why there were only two (2) reviews given for the game: No one had sound to be able to play in order to give a review!! lol The game looks good and I wanna play!!

posted in Malice: Two Sisters on May 5, 12 11:58 AM
Kelili wrote:
limey_scale wrote:Did anyone else get a dialogue box from Creative Labs to open an OpenAL.32dll installer and other OpenAL files? When I clicked cancel (suspicious ) another box popped up and told me installation was incomplete. However, installation completed and activated the trial but when I clicked play, I got an Error Access Violation (I have a 1 year old Win7 laptop)

I closed the OpenAL popup and although it said installation complete when I started the game another box popped up to tell me I would have no audio unless I update or install OpenAl.
I continued anyway and they were right, I have no sound.

The same happened to me. After seeing that, I was like, "Aaaap, never mind!" and deleted/uninstalled the demo. It looks like a good enough game, but don't need the unnecessary nuances!!

posted in Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness on Nov 19, 11 2:27 PM
And not a complaint, mind you. Although I don't know what the game's length is, the graphics, puzzles, hint system, logic useage (need to put your thinking caps on), etc., would seem to qualify it as one. I demo'd it and it is definately a buy. Hmmm, I'm almost tempted to put the Guardians Beyond game on hold (finish it another time) . Nonetheless, enjoy all!!

posted in Relics: Dark Hours on Nov 14, 11 3:38 PM
RivenWolfe, all I could do - after reading your post(s) - was LMAO!!! Also, I take it you remember the Leisure Suit Larry games?!? Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that one of the first - if not the only - adventure games released at that time (early-mid 80's)? I had a HECK of a time learning that game (my sister turned me on to it) and I could, even to this day, NEVER get the hang of it or any other adventure-style game!! Just wanted to share!!

Happy gaming all (LMAO)!!

Robsim

posted in Relics: Dark Hours on Nov 14, 11 3:06 PM
As I clicked on the 'game' to read/see what it's about, my thought was, "Hey, cool. . .real people!!" But, as I read what the other members were saying about the game play, it looks like it might not be "cool" enough. However, that's one of the things I learned long ago about adventure/large file games (vs. Hidden Object games), they're not always easy to determine what to do next or where to go to look for items, etc.!!

Nonetheless, game on. . . .my fine, finned friends!!

Robsim

posted in Profiler: The Hopscotch Killer on Nov 8, 11 3:12 PM
I have seen the letters 'HdO' used as a descriptive over the past months in various reviews for some of the hidden object games (with much disdain, I might add). Could someone please clue me in as to what, exactly, 'HdO' means?

Thanks. . .Robsim

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 18, 11 6:52 AM
I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!! But it has issues. . .and on the Bonus Punch weekend at that!!

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 18, 11 6:31 AM
Just downloaded the demo and - lo and behold - same problem as everyone else here. This is the first I've experienced being kicked out of a game throughout my tenure with BF!! Well, I can only say that with a game this size - at the SE level - from such a reputable developer. . should've figured there'd be some sort of snag at the $6.99 price!! The game DOES look good ( Elephant Games) and look forward to the 'fix/patch' so we can all play. Hmmpf...guess I'll have to reinstall 'Enigmatus' and continue playing that one (talk about being a looooong game and, Lord knows, Sherlock Holmes I most definately am NOT!!). Happy Sunday and have a good week, everyone!!

AAAAAND, might I also add. . .with this being BF's Bonus Punch weekend, it would've given me another full punch card. Gee Whiiiiz, Felix!!!

posted in Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight on Jul 1, 11 5:24 PM
Hmmm. . .odd sort of game -- but I liiiiiike!! Haven't been too many good games lately (even the CE's), but this one is fresh with great scenes (colorful and large). Aaaand with the July 4 sale, looks worth it to me. Happy gaming all and a Happy 4th to ya!!

Robsim

posted in Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane on May 8, 11 5:44 PM
Been quite a while since posting anything about any games in the forums, but I HAVE to say that THIS game is MOST different. I didn't catch who the developer is, but - from having played the demo - they put a LOT of thought into this one. . .QUITE different!! As a few of the other fishies stated, the objects are rather small but they go well with the layout of each scene. There are a LOT of places to go and things to do in each. Some may not find this to be their 'cup of tea', but it's a far change (or break) from what has been released as of late (and, most of what's been released has been pretty good).

I used one of two punch card codes towards The Ritual (started it Friday night, finished over an hour ago) and will be using the second for this winner. I, personally, give this game out of 5!!

Happy Mother's Day and happy gaming!!

posted in Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde: The Strange Case on Mar 6, 11 12:18 PM
LOL. . .my very thought when I saw the title. I thought it was a new way of indicating 'Collector's Edition', but when I went in to check it out. . .errr, guess not!!! Someone? Anyone?

I would have to say that I agree with Cherubabies (above). Hidden Object and Adventure games seem to be more worth the price of a CE than do many of the other genre of games. But, then again, if the developers found a way to make an adventure game out of the other genres, I guess anything's possible!!!

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 18, 10 1:59 PM
This was a purdy game: rich in color and well hidden objects (some of those things were HARD to find). I just finished playing (Friday nite), but I must say. . .I thought it would NEVER end. Good buy for the buck, though!!

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 18, 10 1:42 PM
LOL. . .OMG the comments are just TOO funny!! As I looked to check out the TGT, my first thought was, "Hmmm, I don't know about this one!" while clicking on the video demo. My thought didn't steer me wrong -- it just didn't LOOK to be an appealing HOG. Nonetheless - as I HAVE been known to be wrong - as I came into the forum to see what everyone had to say about it, you learn that SOMEtimes your intuition just won't lead you down a wrong path. Oh well. . .you win some, you lose some!! Hmmmm. . .if the game developer has been reading these posts, they sure are quiet (I hope they're not hiding from us out of shame).

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 11, 10 8:23 AM
Coronagold wrote:I like the plot scenario. Can you say Obama and BP?

Wooooooo!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator