Posts created by desktopgaming

posted in Magicville: Art of Magic on May 17, 10 8:18 AM
With all of the cog levels, the best way to figure it out is to get the ones nearest the start *and* end cogs first, rather than trying to simply go from the start to the end.

Work from both ends and meet in the middle - its much much easier that way.

Note that the cogs must not overlap, otherwise they won't turn!

Hope this helps (its kind of difficult to offer a precise solution without pictures!)

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Magicville: Art of Magic on May 17, 10 8:14 AM
Yep, its a toughie is that! The key is to work from the edges towards the centre and there are a couple of ways of doing it.

If you still have trouble, do a web search for "peg solitaire solution" which should yield some interesting and useful results.

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Magicville: Art of Magic on May 17, 10 8:11 AM
Hi

A useful trick is to start towards one corner - wait until there's a high concentration of blobs there, then hit them. If you start in the middle you risk leaving bits of curse all around the edges and you'll find it really difficult to win from there.

When using your second/third spells, don't wait more than a few seconds. If you do, the curse will have spread itself out again and be harder to beat.

So to summarise: You can take your time with the first spell, but be pretty quick with the rest!

Hope this helps!

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Magicville: Art of Magic on May 16, 10 3:29 PM
onetoomany: Thanks for the kind words. Pleased you're enjoying the game.

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Magicville: Art of Magic on May 16, 10 7:52 AM
brech wrote:a lot of people having the same problem as me, game won't start .
But where can I find an answer to play the game!!!!!!

Hi Brech,

bfgTigris posted in the Magicville technical forum (first page, last post) to say the issue is being investigated. I'm the programmer for Magicville: Art of Magic and I'm working on the problem right now which appears to only affect non-English operating systems.

I know its frustrating when stuff doesn't work but your patience and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Dave
DesktopGaming (speaking for myself)

posted in Magicville: Art of Magic on May 15, 10 10:39 AM
I think I'll have to find a German copy of Windows to check this on...

posted in Magicville: Art of Magic on May 15, 10 9:45 AM
Aha... that's interesting. Everyone with problems has non-English operating systems!

Aside from what bgfTigris said, I've just identified a potential issue whereby the game will crash with the given error *if* it tries to display non-standard characters.

Now, the game is set to only accept a pre-defined range of characters (Specifically, upper and lower case A-Z, numbers, -, _ and period characters, so ordinarily there is no way for this to happen but on a non-English OS... maybe? I don't have a German/Swedish OS to test on right now.

I will look into the issue as a matter of urgency - in the meantime, try entering your name as numbers 0-9 only. These should be the same across any language OS - I know its not ideal but that might at least get you into the game for now.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Oh - and thanks for the information - its extremely helpful!

posted in Magicville: Art of Magic on May 15, 10 6:54 AM
You guys that are having trouble entering your name - are you all on XP SP3?

Are you using an English Operating System?

Please provide as much system info as you can so that I can look into the issue!

[edit] Also, what do you type as your name? Currently trying to reproduce the error on an XP SP3 system...

Dave
DesktopGaming

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator