Posts created by georgiarealist

posted in Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition on Jul 7, 16 2:22 PM
On Level 15, I have everything built and am trying to pump water to fill the irrigation canals, but the workers are just standing in a little group by the pump and nothing I do seems to make them pump water. I get the green check when I click on the pump, but then nothing happens.

posted in Forgotten Places: Regained Castle on Jul 5, 16 10:36 AM
I have to agree with the majority here. I didn't manage 10 minutes before giving up in disgust. Having to drag items to use them, click the "continue" button to close the dialogue before continuing (and there's apparently dialogue after most of the scenes), and having to click the button at the top to go back just made the game excrutiatingly slow. It looked promising at first, but not worth even a coupon.

That was how I read it, too. It was disappointing to find the collections didn't actually have anything to do with the game play. It could have been a nice touch for the bonus game to make use of the completed collectible.

Meganthedog wrote:I'm with jennsmom on this. I loved the main game but I don't think I'll ever make sense out of the bonus game itself. As for the bonus content, it was severely lacking; I mean, 4 jigsaws of 9 pieces each. Oh, really. This is such a shame because the main game was so very good, I thought.

I agree about the jigsaws, and even more that I had solved all of the jigsaws before the game told me I'd found the last puzzle piece. It appears there are more puzzle pieces than needed for the puzzles, which makes sense since there seem to be a puzzle piece, collectible and morphing object in each scene. On the other hand, I got all the way through the game and bonus game, checking the map all the way to be sure each level indicated all the puzzle pieces/collectibles/morphing objects had been found, but the achievements list claims I'm missing one morphing object. I have no idea where it could be and don't want to play the whole game again in the hopes of finding it. Anyone else have this issue?

posted in Spring in Japan on Jun 20, 16 11:57 PM
The only place I have a problem is the kanji game. When I try to brush along the dotted lines, the game abruptly shuts down. When I go back in, it does the same thing most times - when it doesn't close down, I can't get all the way along any of the lines. It may be because I use a trackball, but that's the only part of the game that doesn't work right for me. I also use Windows 10.

posted in Next Stop 2 on Jun 7, 16 12:39 AM
I've played it through twice with different player names, but I've never gotten the "contract" bar to go all the way to the end even though I've built all the buildings and have money left for upgrades according to the indicator. The first time through, I built the depot last and that building kept disappearing and making me build it again. It did that once during the second time I played, but then it stopped and I ended up with something like 10 upgrade credits and nothing to use them on (but with the contract indicator bar still not all the way to the end). It feels like this part of the game wasn't finished, like there should be more things to build or improve to get the contract needle to the end of the bar.

On the whole, I enjoy both of these games but kind of feel like the first one was more fun. Since this one implies there might be a #3, I'd certainly like to see a replay option added at the end of each segment and/or an easier way to get back to the map.

As an update, I tried the game again with a 3rd profile and built things in a different order than either of the previous times. This time the bank disappeared after I'd built it and then the depot, which I built last, disappeared again. Oddly, when the depot disappeared and I had to rebuilld it, the game gave me more credits for the level I'd just played so I was able to rebuild the depot all at once. I noticed, too, that when Margaret said we'd built the town (before the depot vanished), the progress bar for the contract level was almost at the end, but after I rebuilt the depot the contract bar was just a little past the needle on it. It definitely seems there's some sort of bug in the town-building section of this game.

posted in Fabulous: Angela's Fashion Fever Collector's Edition on May 25, 16 12:53 AM
I was hoping to enjoy this one as I do like fashion tm games, but I deleted it after 9 minutes. I don't like the Delicious games or the Dash ones, since I'm not fond of the rushed genre - don't mind a bit of challenge, but these are too fast for my old hands. Oh well. I see we're going to get the next Weather Lord this week, so I'll wait for that - and hope we get Next Stop 2 soon.

posted in Nonograms: Wolf's Stories on May 14, 16 9:22 PM
I haven't finished this one yet because I find my eyes get tired after 2 or 3 puzzles. As others have mentioned, there are some puzzles where the colors used are too similar to tell apart easily. There are also too many places where the background picture around the grid is so dark that the colored numbers don't show up well, especially when the top number is black or dark blue. My eyesight is bad enough already - I don't need eye strain to make it worse! I like the game, just wish more attention was paid to using clear colors.

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip on May 14, 16 9:14 PM
This is a good one - colors, auto-complete and lots of levels. Being me, I can't help thinking they missed an opportunity by not having a little hidden object/complete the item game at each castle instead of just letting the character report she'd found the treasure, but that's just how my mind works. I rank this one right up there with Mr Penguin and his adventures.

posted in Pirate Chronicles Collector's Edition on May 14, 16 9:08 PM
I liked the demo but, as others have said, it doesn't seem like a CE. I'll probably buy it at some point, but even the current sale price is too high for this one. Next time there's a sale where CEs are $6.99 or so, maybe. If a CE is going to cost twice the price of an SE, there should be more content to make it worth the price - and wallpapers/concept art/etc aren't worth anything to me. In fact, I'd be happy to be able to delete that junk from the drive of my computer. The only things that matter to me are extra levels and collectibles and sometimes a strategy guide.

I did think there were some interesting twists to the standard collect and build time management games, but it is very annoying to not have the ability to chain actions.

posted in Griddlers Beach Season on Apr 22, 16 10:22 AM
Tried it to see if the promised improvements addressed the issues many of us have discussed in the past, but it's like the other Griddlers in that it's one color and no auto-complete to mark off the unused spaces when you finish placing the squares used in a row. It's a cute theme and could have been an entertaining game, but it's just not up to the standards of the Fantasy Mosaics games or the Gizmos or even the recent Nonograms or The Far Kingdoms: Magic Mosaics. I uninstalled it after just a couple of puzzles as I don't find it interesting enough to even use a punch card coupon on.

posted in The Far Kingdoms: Magic Mosaics on Apr 13, 16 11:54 AM
Once I saw this was a good mosaics game with colors, auto-complete and logic, I bought the game. I've enjoyed it, but I was a bit surprised that it was pretty much the same level of puzzle difficulty all the way through. The pictures usually get bigger and more complex in this type game, but all of the pictures in this one seemed roughly the same level in this one. It would also have been better if it were a little longer. 80 fairly simple pictures seems a bit short. Still, it's a big improvement over some of the recent releases that don't have the features many of us have been saying we want, so I don't regret buying it.

I didn't have the problems some people are reporting with Windows 10, but I did have a few times when the game briefly stopped my cursor and then started working again after a little lag. I'd guess the colors are using a lot more memory than this kind of game usually does.

posted in World's Greatest Places Mosaics on Mar 18, 16 2:20 PM
I noticed a "timer bonus" button in the options that was marked, so I unmarked it and that seems to keep the pop-up timer from showing up. There's no explanation that I can find for this. It seems to be independent of the timed option setting, which is just weird.

posted in World's Greatest Places Mosaics on Mar 18, 16 2:13 PM
Same problem here - stage 2, level 8 is simply impossible as it is. I've tried restarting it, but the same wrong counts come up every time. I had trouble with a couple other shapes levels where the grid wouldn't show an empty space where I knew the shape had to go, but restarting fixed those. There are still issues with no logical way to solve some of the levels, especially the first shapes one, but this is just an obviously untested level with incorrect counts. Hope they get a patch for it soon.

posted in World's Greatest Places Mosaics on Mar 16, 16 11:49 PM
I've been trying the mixed mode, but there are a couple problems. Not only is there no way to solve the shapes one by logic, but there are errors cropping up. I ran into one in the lion puzzle (can't remember which level it is) where there is only one place the shape can go, but the puzzle grid has it blanked out and won't let me put the shape there. This means it won't let me finish that grid. I'll switch to the usual mode, I guess, and try that way, but there really shouldn't be this kind of mistake.

Updating to say that restarting the game let me complete that level correctly, but the errors in count on Stage 2, Level 8 appear to be permanent. On that level, some of the counts shown are just plain wrong - the grid will show that you need to put in 1 shape, but then it will fill in several. It's impossible to solve until there is a fix for this.

Although I'm not happy about the lack of logical solutions on some levels, the variety of challenges in this game are interesting. I just wish the errors were fixed.

posted in Valentine's Day Griddlers on Feb 14, 16 10:07 AM
This could have been a cute theme, but I can't see any particularly Valentine-related images in the part of the demo I've played. Like others in the recent Griddlers series, this just isn't up to the standards of the Fantasy Mosaics series or even the more recent Hidden Clues. The shaded drawing color of marking boxes is an improvement over some of the other colors they've used recently - at least it's pretty easy to see - but again we have no auto-complete, no description or even title of the finished images and no colored images. I'll stick to trying to puzzle out the Wolf's Stories Nonagrams one and pass on this. Don't think it's even worth a PCC.

posted in Elven Legend 2: The Bewitched Tree on Feb 7, 16 11:45 AM
Level 18 has a dark area - looks almost like a curtain flapping - on the left side that's very annoying and distracting. That's as far as I've played so far. I suspect it's one of the levels referred to in the previous comment as having a moving area that doesn't actively interfere with playing the game. However, I assume it's a tech issue as there's no obvious connection between it and the game story.

posted in Hidden Clues on Feb 2, 16 8:50 AM
This game has some of the features many of us have said we wanted - colors and auto-complete, for instance - but there are some problems that accompany them. As others have said, the colors are often hard to differentiate when they're shades of the same color. The flashing light screen after a "picture" (I use the term loosely as many of the items don't really look like anything, much less what the game says they are - and really, age???) are annoying and too bright. I turned the sound way down since the music wasn't appealing and I can read the dialogue on screen. But mostly I was hoping there would be some element of puzzling out the clues to add to the story and was unhappy to find that the game just tells you what the "clues" mean. I used a code to get it since I like the nonogram games and this one isn't as bad as some of the others, but I wouldn't have bought it at full price.

posted in Flying Islands Chronicles on Jan 26, 16 2:56 PM
toomuchsht wrote:My warrior stopped going after the thieves on level 9 (the first rune) He never disappeared, just stood there. I am glad I hadn't bought this before having this trouble. I will wait to see if there is a fix before buying it.

This is what happened to me, too. The warrior did demolish the barricades, but he wouldn't go after the thieves after the first 2 or 3. It didn't stop me from completing the level, but it did make it a bit slower, possibly because I wasted time trying to get the doggone warrior to chase the thieves.

posted in Flying Islands Chronicles on Jan 26, 16 7:32 AM
Unlike others, I do consider these games time management - you have to manage your tasks in the time given to get 3 stars, after all. Some people seem to think only the games that involve serving food or something can be time management. Personally, I prefer these building/gathering games. This one isn't one of the best, but it's certainly challenging to get 3 stars on. With the clicking to speed up tasks, I'm only playing a few levels at a time, so It's going to take me a while to finish it but that's more of a bonus than a bug to me. My arthritis doesn't let me do that much clicking for long. It's not really too bad, though, as most of the tasks only take a couple of clicks to be done. It's when I have more than one little person to speed up that I have trouble! I don't really understand what "talking" to the mole accomplishes, but I've learned not to be too critical about these games - I just do what it says I need to.

I don't know why the game claims to be hidden object, but figure it was human error somewhere along the way. It should be corrected, though.

Gardens 4 will be nice if it works - the last one has never been fixed to my knowledge and still doesn't work properly for me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator