Posts created by XtreemNorth

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition on Jan 10, 12 1:43 PM
msdawn01 wrote:seems like when i am picking up something the cursor takes on a mind of it 's own help

I didnt read through the posts to see if you had gotten an answer, but I had the same problem until I learned that if I go to options and deselect custom cursor that problem went away.

Also sometimes the game starts to become sluggish, I quit the game and then go back into it and it solved that problem. Hope this helps if you still need it.

SeverineSnape wrote:
XtreemNorth wrote:I am just curious if anyone has played this game and did not have to look at the walkthrough or SG. Hats off to you if you did.
Definitely not me! I usually play games like this without an SG/walkthrough (in fact, I usually write the walkthroughs for another site), but I definitely couldn't have done this one without the SG.

That must really take alot of patience and attention to detail to write a walkthrough.

Mr_Russ wrote:
XtreemNorth wrote:I am just curious if anyone has played this game and did not have to look at the walkthrough or SG. Hats off to you if you did.
I didn't look at the SG at all and I'd finished before there was a walkthrough. I asked two or three questions in the forum though.

I am impressed that you did it without a walkthrough. I am playing it a second time and having problems even with a walkthrough. I think I might be able to do it if I dont get anxious. To me this is probably one of the most challenging games I have played. I like challenging myself, wondering how far can I go if I take my time and really think it through. But, dang I dont know my problem I can't seem to figure it out on my own. Out of curiousity Mr Russ, how did you do it? I have to say your smart.

posted in White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 12 5:59 PM
player_pat wrote:
BearKat wrote:Good morning, all. I'm on the fence with this one. I agree with all the good points already listed.Great graphics, and though the storyline has been used once or twice this has an interesting twist to it.
It has the things I usually buy a CE for,ie,SG,wallpapers, concept art, voiceovers always a big plus, and of course bonus play. No screen savers or music score this time. Which really isn't that big a thing with this one. Did anyone actually need the SG in the demo? I opened it just to see how many pages there were, but that is all. I don't usually waffle on a CE very much if I really like it! LOL. But with the CE sale not so very long ago, I am kind of full up with CEs now. Not that I'm complaining, just makes me unsure about this game. I'm leaning toward the buy button, would somebody please give me a push?
BK

Nope, don't do it! LOL The game is terrible; graphics are terrible, and the whole game is out of order. Hope this helps.

I hope you dont let someone tell you what to do. If you liked it, buy it, you can always wait until it comes out as a se. Graphics were good, and I thought the game was entertaining, I disagree with most of the posts, but to each his own

posted in White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 12 2:24 PM
The title tells you what it is, its a hidden object game in an abandoned building. You pretty much know what the game is going to be about. If I am tired of hidden object games and old buildings then I won't try it, no complaints. However, those who like these kinds of games could really like it. The music in this is awesome, goes right along with the theme, usualy I turn it down but it really adds to this game. It is on the spooky side, suppose to be and it is. For the most part I'm not drawn into the story line, but this has my attention. the demo ended before I knew it. I think this game captures the title, it is what it is. The items you need, when you click on them, yes the box comes up telling you what you found, you can click anywhere as you move on and it goes away, its not annoying. In my opinion this is a well thought out game, scenes are excellent. Graphics are very well done. Voice overs are great! Hidden object scenes are are just that. yes there are several, thats why its called a hidden object game. I highly recommend this game to those who like spooky hidden object games. If I dont buy it as a CE it's only because of finances, but I am definitly going to buy it. I rate it ***** 5 stars for me.

I am just curious if anyone has played this game and did not have to look at the walkthrough or SG. Hats off to you if you did.

posted in Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition on Jan 5, 12 9:52 AM
All I can say is I love this game! You cannot get any better graphics than this. tons of things to do. The hidden object secenes are terrific, I can find the items easier in this game and there aren't to many of them. Werewolves are very popular this year as far as I am concerned they are always popular with me. this is an enjoyable game by far. As far as wide screen, I never pay any attention to it, I get wrapped up into playing the game and dont even notice. Thank you devs for a great game.

posted in The Secret Order: New Horizon on Jan 4, 12 10:12 AM
42karrat wrote:I really like the concept of this game, but the technical problems and the having to change my screen resolution and the lack of ability to skip or resolve those issues more easily and with a better quality quickly led me to delete this demo. This is why I always try a game before playing...and I hate not being able to play a full hour during the demo. Even with ALL the problems I had I quickly completed the limited demo before the hour was up. Definitely will NOT be buying this game. makes me sad because I really wanted to like this game. makes me angry because I wasted my time on something I thought would be enjoyable and just made me mad.

Where does it say your entitled to a full hour of demo?

After playing the demo, which I am thankful for, I decided to buy it. I enjoyed it alot. Other reviewers pretty much summed it all up. Big Fish offers good benefits to us players. AFter buying a number of games your given credits for a free game, that adds up. I get four games this month, thats awesome. Thankyou for this game, it makes me happy.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls Collector's Edition on Jan 2, 12 12:50 PM
I played the demo for about 20 min and decided to buy it. to me, its a pretty good game, I like having a variety of things to accomplish, such as finding the coins etc. Items are on the small side, but being able to brighten up my screen helps alot. The developers did a good job on this game. Not much else I can add apart from all the other comments. I recommend this game, it's not to dark or spooky but just the right amount. Thanks again for more home entertainment.

posted in Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten on Dec 31, 11 12:57 PM
I barely made it through the demo. It's not my cup of tea. I didn't find it challenging, and its definitly predictable on what has to be done next, pretty well spelled out for you. The scenery was nice. I just became to bored with it. This could be a good game for those who complain about to many dark spooky games. Thats about all I can say about this game.

angelofmusic62 wrote:To me, junkpiles are extremely cluttered scenes. Now I know that onjects are supposed to be hidden, but looking through just a bunch of junk is not as enjoyable as looking at a pretty scene with objects appropriate to the theme and time period of the game. For example, I wouldn't expect to see a snake or lizard in a kitchen, or a computer mouse in the 18th century. And yes, I have seen both!

Well putting it that way makes sense.

Thank you DragonLadyOz. When I get into the hidden objects, it has never crossed my mind to look and see if the items go along with the story, I wouldn't expect them to. I'm thrilled if I can find them all without hitting the hint button. I am surprised that a person would not buy a game if they thought the hidden items were junk, or a junk pile, I guess I find that wierd. Anyway thankyou again for your answer, now I know.

I have a question about junk piles in the hidden ojects. I dont understand what that means.

I love hidden object games, have been playing them for years. It's real simple, you just have to look and find the item, right?

I continue to read negative remarks from people complaining that the hidden object scenes are junk piles. What are they referring to? What do they expect hidden object scenes to look like? I'm just curious as to what they mean and why they complain about it. thanks

Pickles77 wrote:I am soooooo surprised at the harsh negative comments about this game and other ERS games, for that matter. It is not easy for Developers to create a game that will please everyone, it is just not possible. But there is such a thing as being polite when reviewing. The graphics in this game are beautifully done, the voiceovers are great and the graphics are crystal clear on my laptop. I scooped this beauty up right away! I love IHOGS and I say, ERS, keep bringing them on! You are the best! I would not change a thing . Thanks ERS and BFG for this great work of art!

I agree 100% This is one of the best games by far.

cme550 wrote:Yay! What a treat to wake up to this morning! Another ERS game (my fave developer!) And even better, another Shadow Wolf game!

Again, ERS brings us a beautifully made game with a great storyline. Good H0 scenes, not too hard, not too easy. Hint and skip buttons recharge fairly quickly in the regular version.

You took the words out of my mouth. This is a beautiful game and I love it. the scenery is excellent, the hidden objects are nice size, don't have to squint my eyes. The colors are vibrant. Plenty of things to do in this game. I highly recommend this if you love hidden objects and adventure. I really liked the first shadow wolf mystery and knew I would like this one to.

A big thankyou to the developers for giving us a great game and fun entertainment. I don't have one negative for this game, it's awesome!

I've got my popcorn and softdrink and i'm ready to go play

sunnyglow wrote: I am not certain if anyone else is having this problem, but I am within five minutes of finishing this very long game when I realized I did not have the Leo glyph to finish it. I looked at the game guide and realized I needed to get this glyph through a HOG scene in the study. I went to the study and the HOG scene was not available. So, now what do I do? Is this a glitch in the game? Very angry because this is not the first time this has happened to me and since this game is VERY LONG and has MANY ROOMS to travel, I don't want to start it all over again just for one item. Any suggestions to initiate the HOG scene so I can get this Leo glyph?

I am curious, did you get an answer to this?

Big Fish, thank you so much, this really is a nice gift to get these collector games on sale. I bought several of them and feel like I have so many presents now i dont know where to begin. I happen to love dark games, in fact they are about the only ones I buy so this is a great treat for me. Thanks again, I'm off to splurge and have fun.

bezzer wrote:Am bit fed up now with all the Collectors games. I am not a millionaire, much as i would like to be, so think its time me and bigfish parted. gl guys enjoy games.

Good bye
Hope you enjoy your holidays

spenny1 wrote:
cbtx wrote:Based on the trial.

And the best thing is that it's $6.99 due to the sale on CEs this weekend!!!
No clue as to the length or bonus items but I'm waiting on the d/l so I'll come back and edit this or do a new post to let you know.
Overall, it's certainly worth a look and at the price a definite buy for me---give it a chance!

You had me at "interesting and bizarre"!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is one of the games on sale this weekend though I'm afraid

It is on sale!

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Revenge of the Terracotta Warriors on Dec 24, 11 9:35 AM
hopefully this game should satisfiy some of those who are tired of ghosts and witches, ( maybe) This game doesnt really appeal to me, I am one of those who loves car crashes, old mansions, sparkles and morphs. Probably a good thing this game doesnt grab me, I have gifts to wrap. Will check in the morning to see if santa left a spooky game for me. Happy holidays.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator