Posts created by MLC60

posted in Antique Mysteries: Secrets of Howard's Mansion on Apr 23, 12 6:40 AM
Yes, I had heard that previously. She was so guilt-ridden by the fact that her husband made his fortune making guns that killed so many people that she tried to get rid of the guilt by building onto the house. Apparently, it didn't work, since she never finished the house. MLC60

Is there some trick to pouring the tin into the mold for the arrows? I've tried every which way and it keeps putting the crucible back where it was and telling me I need to pour it into the mold.

I agree this was not as enjoyable as the first one. It seems the devs are so intent on the story line, they forget to make the minegames interesting. And if they don't quit dissing 60-year-olds, I'm not buying any more of their stupid games! My mother didn't even look that old when she died at 83! Don't they know that 60 is the new 40? LOL

posted in Ghost Encounters: Deadwood on Mar 24, 12 10:22 AM
You put the pocket watch beside the clock and set the clock to the time on it, but where did you find the clock hands?

posted in Small Town Terrors: Livingston on Mar 17, 12 10:58 AM
Yeah, if you had a case of the hiccups when you started this game, I'm sure it scared them out of you!

posted in Silent Nights: The Pianist Collector's Edition on Mar 16, 12 5:44 AM
Well, I bought it and have just finished playing it. While the dialogue left alot to be desired, it was good for a laugh. I wish I could move the way the villaness did, just kind of glide along! Maybe my knees wouldn't hurt so much if I could do that. My only real dislike were the memory things, since my rememory ain't what it used to be, but you can skip those, so I give this game a thumbs up on humor value.

posted in Pahelika: Revelations on Mar 6, 12 5:32 AM
I've just completed this game, and I must say was rather let down by the ending. As challenging as the rest of the game was, I think it petered out at the end. It seemed to go from a computer whiz game throughout to a little kid game at the ending IMHO. MLC60

posted in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores on Feb 26, 12 4:40 AM
I played for several hours yesterday until I got frustrated with it and decided to start fresh this morning. NOW, I get the dump thing and can't get back in the game. I had to start from the beginning 3 times yesterday, but at least I was able to get back in each time. I hope BFG gets this problem fixed soon. I'd like to see what happens. Maybe that's it; maybe the devs are still trying to come up with an ending!

posted in Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition on Dec 2, 11 11:27 AM
I finally had to skip it. I don't know if this is algebra, trig, new math, or something else, but my senior citizen brain did not comprehend it even with the SG.

I'm glad some enjoyed this game. It was a big disappointment to me. IMHO, the 2nd Ravenhearst was the best of the 3. I know people in different countries buy these games, but would it kill the devs to put at least some words of explanation on the minigames? I feel very cheated by this game and will not be buying a Ravenhearst 4, if there is one.

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Nov 21, 11 1:42 PM
Maybe this is not the right place to mention this, but could someone at BFG please proofread these things to make sure they call a "spade a spade" so to speak? I'm tired of searching for a balloon only to find that they mean a helium tank or for a lantern when they mean a flashlight. It would sure help me not to tear my hair out so much, lol.

posted in Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness on Nov 19, 11 6:48 AM
I think this is a nice change of pace from the usual mad doctor/lost ghost types we see so often. I did notice the female character has to do all the grunge work, so she must be the junior member of the team. I came across about 3 HOG scenes in the hour I played. They were well drawn and, though junkpile-ish, not difficult. There were a variety of other types of games. All in all, a very enjoyable game. I'm off to buy!

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 12, 11 6:40 PM
I really liked this game, too. It had lots of variety and length. I could tell a lot of work and thought went into developing it. That said, I nearly went crazy trying to get the recipes together since you had to put them in a particular spot on the screen in order for the game to accept them. I play games to relax, and that was too much like work to me. I think I spent about 15 or 20 minutes trying to get the first recipe to go together and finally had to check the walkthrough to find out how to do it. I DO feel a great sense of accomplishment at having finished the game at last!

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 4, 11 7:49 AM
Since you've finished, maybe you can help me. I put the clay in the mixer and clicked the switch, but it keeps telling me I have to put the clay in the mixer first! I don't know how to take it back out unless I start the game over with a different name.

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Sep 28, 11 9:47 AM
When I downloaded the game from this screen (Try this game, above), it said it was the Collector's Edition, which I had already bought previously. It gave me a full trial time, but I was expecting it to look different from what others were saying and from what the walkthrough showed. Maybe I'm just confused.

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Sep 28, 11 4:15 AM
I am totally confused. When I downloaded this game, it said it is the CE version, which I already own. I went ahead and played the trial version I just downloaded this morning, which didn't look any different from the CE one I had already purchased from BFG a few weeks ago. I was going to get the SE version because I was curious how they would end it, since the bonus chapter of the CE was the completion of the painting. Did I download the wrong one?

I did not feel like I got my money's worth on this one because there is no bonus chapter. You can replay the minigames from the menu instead of having bonus gameplay. I think that stinks. Had I know it, I would not have bought this one.

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water on May 27, 11 3:23 AM
I can't get past the Big Fish Game screen at the beginning of the game. I've tried twice, and it just sits there. Any suggestions?

posted in The Secret of Hildegards on May 3, 11 12:29 PM
They want you to have each row across add up to 15. That was easy compared to some which made no sense at all. LOL

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 2, 11 7:04 AM
The seahorse is on the roof of the shaman's hut. When you click on it, it falls into the fire and you have to put the fire out. Where did you find the fire extinguisher?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator