Posts created by nelliebj

posted in 4 Elements II on Sep 27, 11 12:29 PM
I bought the CE from another site because I just didn't want to wait for BF to bring it out. I've already played it about 4 times and the first Elements was just about worn out. I love these games. There are similar type games out there but the 4 Elements was, by far, to me, the best. I don't find any difficulties with the graphics. I love that you can play untimed but I prefer the timed version - makes it more exciting LOL! This is a great game. Love every aspect of it. I wouldn't say it has a lot of extra mini-games but it has a few and they are different from the first Elements. A little more challenging but, without a timer, can be easily won.

Buy it, you won't regret it!

posted in Slingo Quest Amazon on Sep 20, 11 3:34 PM
In a word: boring! I have played several of the Slingo games and still like the first one best. This one was boring mostly because I just kept hitting the spin button and then nothing would come up for 6 or 7 in a row or the Devil would take what little I had. So I just hit the same button over and over and then had to replay the same board over and over. Not for me.

posted in Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star on Aug 13, 11 7:53 PM
I too, wish there was an untimed mode. Or and "easy" mode as with some of the other Match 3 games. I've never finished one of the Jewel Quest games but I do enjoy them. However, this one is so much like the others that until the producers come up with an untimed one, I'm not buying. I like Jewel Match much better.

posted in Luxor: 5th Passage on Aug 10, 11 5:15 PM
I have the other Luxor games too but I like this one best. There is an "easy" mode which is great for slowpokes like me. The other Luxor games have only been played about half way through before I ran out of lives. This one is great. There are two places where the game slows down to nothing but you can overcome that by going into a different "difficulty" level for just that one and then go back to easy.

I still haven't figured out how to Pause the game. Anyone have any idea?

posted in 4 Elements on Aug 3, 11 5:07 PM
Playrix has come out with 4 Elements II. You can demo it there. I'm waiting for BFG to offer it to us. It's really good. Very much like 4 Elements but with different puzzles (not just STDiff or HOG - there's more). So, I'm hoping we won't have to wait long. In the meantime, try Azkend. It's different, timed but it's winnable and uses chain matches.

posted in Luxor: 5th Passage on Aug 2, 11 5:33 PM
I have all the Luxor games. I found the first ones pretty hard and there was no option to slow it down. This one, the 5th Passage, is great. In the "easy" mode, it's just a relaxing marble popper game. Nice layouts and a few from previous games. My grandchildren always said the first Luxor games were too hard for them. They got to about mid-level and then bombed. I could never get to the last layouts on those either. This one is much better in that respect. There are a couple of "doubles" in there and, in the easy mode, they are soooo slow. Better to go back to Menu, go to Normal mode for that one layout and then go back later. Not hard to do.

All in all, this was a definite buy for me.

posted in Liong: The Lost Amulets on Jul 17, 11 2:58 PM
My computer keeps freezing up. The game will run for an hour and then keeps freezing. Says the activator is "being repaired" (by whom?) then it starts working again and then almost immediately freezes again. It keeps doing that so I just leave the game and go back the next day. Figure I'm getting an hour a day! Still, not acceptable.

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Seventh Gate on Jul 13, 11 2:45 PM
I already bought this because I love the entire series. This one is a little different from the first two. Hints are harder to come by and I find some of the objects a little too well hidden. Timer: well, yeah, I'd rather it wasn't there too or that you could at least have the option of untimed. The graphics are, as usual, terrific. Sound doesn't bother me as I rarely have the sound on anyway.

SpinTop makes great games and I'm glad Big Fish picks them up. This one is a winner as far as I'm concerned. Happy Gaming.

For Wiccanwoman: Merry meet!

posted in Julia's Quest: United Kingdom on Jul 12, 11 5:21 PM
I would buy it on a DD maybe. Played the full hour and it got pretty boring. I like M3 games but would have liked more puzzles in between levels. It was a long wait for the second jigsaw puzzle. In fact, I never found it in an hour. There are better M3 games than this.

posted in Fishdom 2 on Jun 27, 11 10:18 AM
I already have this game. I prefer it to Fishdom the original. No timer, lots of fun, it has no particular levels, you just keep playing and furnishing your aquarium. It does get a little boring after a while but it's really nice to come back to for some relaxing play. Definitely worth the DD though I would pay full price for it.

posted in Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands on Jun 26, 11 3:52 PM
Good game, we really enjoyed it. Just one technical problem was on Day 20. You are supposed to place certain objects back into the scene. All went well except for the chain. There wasn't one! You are expected to put one back but there simply wasn't one in the column on the left side. At least you are able to skip the puzzle and carry on. Other than that, clear scenes, good hidden objects. Definite buy!

posted in Dragon Portals on Jun 24, 11 1:34 PM
I had no technical trouble with this game and I played the full demo hour. I was about 1/2 way through it after an hour. This has to be one of the most boring M3 games I have ever played. No buy for me.

posted in Val'Gor: The Beginning on Jun 24, 11 1:32 PM
I loved this game. Interesting enough to get my attention. Lots of levels, no timer if you don't want one, useful powerups. However, I'll only buy if it comes up for a DD. I think it wouldn't be as interesting to replay as some other Match 3 games.

posted in Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington on Jun 18, 11 12:29 PM
I bought this one (and the other Agatha Christie games) some time ago. They are not too difficult, the scenes are clear and the objects fairly easy to find. The only thing I didn't like was the timer. But, since I managed to finish each level in time, it didn't matter. You do get lots of time on it. And hints. It's worth the $2.99 US!

posted in Azkend on Jun 17, 11 2:57 PM
I didn't find a "button" to turn off the timer. It's a great game nonetheless. I am very much enjoying it (timed or not) and am sure I'll be able to play it over and over.

posted in Azkend on Jun 16, 11 4:25 PM
For haleybutton: Try 4 Elements. It has 64 levels and some **** in between and some spot the differences. Pretty easy mini-games. The game is timed but if you miss one, you can replay instantly. Ultimately replayable too.

posted in The Lost Inca Prophecy on Jun 12, 11 3:56 PM
Pretty easy game yet still fun and ultimately replayable. I bought it after just a few levels. I love HOGs and M3's and this is a nice combination. As is 4 Elements - that has more HOG's than Lost Inca Prophecy. No timer is nice. But it would have been nicer to have the choice of timed. I think that would make it more challenging. The graphics are great, the story is cute. The FROG pages are fun. I like fractured hidden objects. Great game! Thanks BFG.

posted in 7 Wonders II on Jun 9, 11 2:46 PM
This game looked great I really wanted to try it but all I get is an error message. Too bad. I've deleted it now and won't bother trying again considering I'm not alone in this problem.

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: Trail of the Midnight Heart on Jun 8, 11 5:37 PM
I have both JQM games and love them both. They are replayable many times. Apparently, Spintop who developed the games have a new one out (June, 2011) and I'm hoping BFG will pick it up soon. Sounds just as good as this one.

posted in 4 Elements on May 27, 11 11:12 AM
I'm not hugely in favour of timers but this one wasn't too bad. Finished the game completely (yes, I had to retry 63 and 64 a few times) and it was very satisfying. Took a long time (over a period of day) and it can be replayed several times. Some M3 games can be replayed but the story gets old. This game is interesting enough to do several times. A good buy for me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator