Posts created by Fifiluna614

posted in Azada: Elementa on Apr 29, 14 3:33 PM
I didn't mind having hidden object scenes thrown in, but these were impossibly hard. They were the type where you have to find one item and use it somehow in order to find the next one, etc. The problem was, knowing how and where to use an item was seldom obvious or even logical. I've never had to use the hint button so often in a so-called hidden object scene. Luckily the hint button fills quickly in casual mode, but having to use it so much was annoying, to say the least. Otherwise, the game was quite enjoyable.

posted in Amaranthine Voyage: The Living Mountain on Mar 15, 14 12:40 PM
roaming wrote:I stopped with 18 minutes of the demo remaining. When I have to keep hitting the hint button in order to find out what to do next, I know the game isn't for me. In addition, I thought the game play was just plain silly.

You must not have consulted the interactive map. Without it and its friendly little bouncing dots I, too, would have had trouble figuring out where to go next. As it was, one peek at the map and you could see exactly where there were tasks to be accomplished.

I thought the game was great, and the difficulty level was just right for me.

posted in Fatal Passion: Art Prison on Mar 13, 14 3:24 PM
I loved this game. The realistic artwork is beautiful to look at, which makes a game more enjoyable. The gameplay is pretty straight-forward, and the interactive map always lets you know where action can be taken.

I liked the "make the paint" feature - I felt it added an extra dimension which I've never seen before.

And finally, I thought the ending was very satisfying. So many games leave you hanging in the SE version with a quick ending and no resolution. But this one winds the story up nicely. Like "Sacra Terra", you get to see the villain reap the rewards for his evil deeds, and we game players certainly appreciate that!

posted in Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians on Mar 3, 14 3:34 PM
Oh, I love this game. I just bought it and have played an additional hour and a half past the demo hour, and I've had to make myself stop - it's just so much fun! I read in a previous review about the simplicity of the puzzles, but that didn't bother me at all. I like puzzles to break up the action and give you something different to do, but I detest ones that have instructions too difficult to decipher or those that are too tedious to bother with. These puzzles are simple and straight-forward, which I don't mind a bit.

Another wonderful thing is the great jump-map. So many games seem to have virtually useless maps, but this one gives you all the info you need to proceed thru the game without ever having to consult a walkthrough.

Yay, Devs! I absolutely recommend this game!

posted in Grim Tales: The Stone Queen on Mar 3, 14 1:46 AM
layzeedaisy wrote:I see some mixed reviews here but I found the game thoroughly enjoyable all the way through.

The map for jumping from place to place was not just a big help - it was essential !!

The graphics were superb as usual, expect nothing less from this dev.

A good mix of HO scenes and puzzles, and not too many of either. This makes for a nice change because some devs pack too many of each into a game just to fill it up and make the time.

The hint button got a fair amount of use but it was very helpful and filled quickly.

Very pleased I bought this game.

posted in Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf on Mar 1, 14 2:57 PM
Bah...didn't care for it at all. Too many cut scenes - why didn't they just make a movie instead of a game? And the developers were way too in love with that amulet - it figured in every other thing you did. The hidden object scenes were good, but the puzzles were beyond tedious, with little or no skill or brain power required.

I do not recommend this game, unless you can get it on sale.

posted in Death Pages: Ghost Library on Feb 24, 14 8:23 PM
For those of you who have completed the CE version, is the ending wrapped up any better there?

posted in Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf on Feb 22, 14 12:40 PM
Okay, I re-installed and played under a new profile and the amulet worked this time. Still, this glitch leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the quality of the game and whether or not I want to buy it.......I'll have to think about it, Maybe I'll wait til more people have finished it and see what they say.

posted in Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf on Feb 21, 14 12:00 PM
In the very beginning, at the gate, I could not access the amulet in order to click on the symbols. The amulet glowed, but when I tried to select it, nothing happened. I downloaded the CE version, and the amulet opened with no problem. It seems to be a glitch in the SE edition. Too bad, because I probably would have purchased the game otherwise.

posted in Witches' Legacy: Hunter and the Hunted on Feb 11, 14 12:52 AM
I've only played Charleston Curse previously, but I believe this is a far superior game. The gameplay is logical, and the inter-active map is excellent. I like hidden object scenes, but the added benefit of being able to switch to a card-matching game is a nice element.

I just bought this game today, and I don't want to stop playing! Well worth a credit.

posted in Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny on Feb 9, 14 10:25 PM
Severine Snape is right. If I remember correctly, the butterfly is a chalk outline on a blackboard, and you have to click in just the perfect spot.

posted in Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny on Feb 9, 14 10:18 PM
You can skip it. I did only 3 sequences, then hit "Skip."

posted in Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes on Feb 5, 14 3:50 PM
I really enjoyed this game, but I have a strong admonition for the developers: please do not use real religious figures from the Bible (or any other religious text) in your fantasy stories. Saying that Saint Peter used the runes to seal up a make-believe portal to another realm is discourteous to Christians, to say the least.

posted in Grim Tales: Bloody Mary on Jan 21, 14 3:02 PM
Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights is pure hidden object - absolutely no adventure or moving around. It's also a fairly long game, so you should be able to get your hidden object "fix"!

posted in Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood on Nov 25, 13 5:07 PM
My opinion is that Kevin was the killer. However, he either escaped from custody while she was recuperating or he had an accomplice. Either way, the teddy bear was an indication that the threat is still out there, and the villain wanted to be sure she knew. Kinda like the ending in some thriller movies were the supposedly-dead bad guy moves in the last frame of film, or you see an egg left by a slain monster. I think it was a cheap shot since they probably won't make a sequel and we're left wondering who sent her the bear.

posted in Small Town Terrors: Pilgrim's Hook on Nov 15, 13 12:37 AM
I didn't care for this game at all. There's an interactive map which allows you to jump to wherever you want to go, which is good. And places on the map glow whenever there is something to do there - the kicker being that the spots glow when something NEEDS to be done, not necessarily that something can be done NOW. That can be very misleading and cause a lot of needless and frustrating hopping back and forth.

The hint feature is just the opposite: it gives TOO MUCH information. Instead of just pointing you in the right direction, it leads you by the nose to the exact area, then the exact spot within that area. Sometimes I needed a little bit of a nudge in the right direction, not a kick in the pants.

The game showed a lot of promise at first, but it went down hill fast. For me, its flaws far outweighed its virtues.

posted in The Book of Desires on Nov 14, 13 1:26 AM
There is one aspect of this game that I loved: the puzzle you can opt for instead of looking for hidden objects. In every other game I've played that allowed an alternate to the hidden object game, the alternate was either match 3 or mahjong. This one has you complete a jigsaw puzzle which is both fun and easy. I found myself looking for hidden objects until I found all the easy ones, then switching to the puzzle to get the last difficult ones.

It's been mentioned before in this forum, but I too found the sound made when you find a hidden object annoying. I've never heard this particular sound in a game before (thank goodness!) and the dev who thought of it should be forced to listen to it over and over for 4 hours just like us!

Over all I think this is a really fun game, and I've replayed it a couple of times. I usually don't nitpick the story line, but I, too, felt really weird playing as a young child.

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune on Oct 18, 13 5:48 PM
This is one of my favorite games. The graphics are interesting as well as beautiful - a real treat for the eye. The hidden object scenes are a delight because there are no "tone-on-tone" objects, nor are there ones where only a portion is visible, but you still have to search closely to find everything. I personally found the difficulty level of the puzzles to be just right, not too hard nor too easy.

In fact, the difficulty level of the whole game was perfect for me (I consider myself an intermediate player) and I never had to resort to the walkthrough. The few times I was undecided where to go next, the hint button pointed me in the right direction.

Since I buy a lot of games, it says a lot that this is one of only a handful of games I own that I've played multiple times. And to think I almost didn't buy it because I don't like clowns!

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony on Sep 2, 13 10:27 PM
Like many others, I was having trouble with the raven. When I would try to use it, my screen would freeze and I would have to reboot my computer. After the 3rd time, I discovered a method that worked for me for the rest of the game:

When you know you need to use the raven, click on the raven first. When it raises its wings, your cursor will turn into a raven's head. Then click on the place you want the raven to go.

posted in Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show on Aug 6, 13 10:50 PM
No, it wasn't just because you were tired - I also found the game to have too much running around. Without an interactive map, I had to resort to the "hint" button too often to find out where to go next in the gameplay. And the color was dreary and washed out in the hidden object scenes making some objects almost impossible to discern against the background. And what's with the ridiculous puzzle "instructions?" Figuring out the instructions was a puzzle in itself!

Having listed all the "cons", I'm only a third of the way thru the game and I'm enthralled with the story. And the puzzles, once I figure out the instructions, are fun and different. If you don't mind scratching your head to figure out where to go next and straining your eyes on the hidden object scenes, you'll enjoy this otherwise fun game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator