Posts created by barbaralbb

posted in City of Secrets on Feb 8, 12 2:53 PM
It's cute, it odd, it's quirky, it's unique (in my experience) and, after finishing the demo, I've decided to buy it.

Thanks BFG for another game that's out of the ordinary. It's not my usual type of game (I like Hogs, Ihogs, etc) but I had fun and look forward to figuring out what happens next for the little mole "guy"!

posted in City of Secrets on Feb 8, 12 1:33 PM
Well, I feel sort of dumb because I can't even get the dog out of the first room (looking for the fish hook). Tried the hint button, but only got little blue "hands" on all the places I'd already looked. Didn't get the "clever hint system" so, THANK YOU to Wuschelwu for explaining it!!!!

I'm going to go back and try again. I want to like this game because it is different and I'm really tired of mental hospitals, ghosts, vampires, etc. And, it that doesn't work, I'll see if I can find one of the walkthroughs that bball111 mentioned.

As always, fishies are the best!

Update:
Okay, finally understand the hint system (again, thanks to Wuschelwu ) and I think I'll use one of my "freebie" coupons on it. Not my usual kind but it's funny and I love the little mole guy.

posted in Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams on Feb 5, 12 11:39 AM
Not thinking this game is a "keeper". I don't mind a puzzle, but I'm not getting the logic of this game AT ALL!!! Usually, there is some logical path (at least within the context of the game). This thing is just all over the place and the hints are useless.

Finshed the demo, but I'm going to pass on buying..... Was really hoping for a nice new CE game on Super Bowl Sunday, since I'm not a football fan. Unfortunately, this game isn't it and I'll have to go back to one of my old ones....., bummer!

posted in Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams on Feb 5, 12 11:26 AM
Okay, that was REALLY obscure! Thanks to all the preceeding posts, without them I don't think I'd have ever figured this one out - had been around in circles for several minutes.

Thanks, fishies!

posted in The Cross Formula on Feb 1, 12 9:00 AM
Wow - heavy hitter "responders"! Thanks Valdy and Brown Eyed Tigre (you wrote the walkthrough, right?).... If you folks can't steer me in the right direction, nobody can!

Think I may have a glitch - did have the 8 of 9, earlier, and found that my little "wand" thing wasn't attached at the bottom. Now, everything is there and still no joy with the cable/s. Tried at all the points shown in the walkthrough and nothing "connects". Think I'll try a new profile and see what happens.

Haven't really made it that far and I do like the game- kind of quirky.... and NO asylums, hospitals, missing uncle/brother/etc, cars craching into spooky gates, vampires, ghosts.....

So, I really want this game to work!
Update @ 4:30p CST- started with new profile and everything worked perfectly. Camera screen told me it was complete (that didn't happen before) and just clicking the cables near any connector made them all attach. Camera is in inventory and I'm ready for the next section. May try my old profile, later, and see if I missed something.

posted in The Cross Formula on Feb 1, 12 7:25 AM
I'm stumped.... Have the camera (at Dolin's camp) assembled, but cannot get the wires to attatch. Have checked the walkthrough and don't think I'm missing anything... unless there are more wires (my inventory picture only shows one and at least four are shown on the blueprint). Went back to the gas station/junk yard, but nothing there either.

So, if anyone has finished this section, I'd appreciate some pointers.

posted in Legend of Fae on Jan 18, 12 7:22 AM
Hi jkuci -
Thanks for your good review. I've been waiting all month for something to use a "punch card" credit on. This may be it!

Match 3 games make a nice change from my favorite HObj/Adventure games...... and I like the suprisingly complex strategy of them - like Jewel Match 3 and Cradle of Eqypt. Looks like I may have another "keeper".

Happy gaming!

posted in Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 12 5:58 AM
Valdy and Sheerija,
I am completely in "sync" with you. The first game I ever bought from BFG was a HDOb about the Titanic. I loved it and played it so much that I had all the object placements memorized, even the ones that moved from scene to scene!!!

Bought several more of those and continued to love them... Then I bought the first Ravenhurst and Dire Grove and never looked back. **Though I must say, the the last Ravehurst game was YUCKY- good game play but icky parts that could not be skipped (i.e. section with Mom's hair, etc). **

So, I am also CE dependent and could probably use a 12 Step program!

Just wish there were some good SE's coming down the line so I could use up all the credits I have "pending".

Happy Sunday and enjoy the games!

***Edited for poor typing skills....

posted in Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten on Dec 31, 11 8:56 PM
The mouse is hard to see - on the left, just below center/middle... and it's dark gray or black. Thought I'd never find the darn thing.

Thanks to all the fishies who helped with this question, I was well and truly stuck and took a chance that the forum would have information....

Fishies are the best!

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Dec 22, 11 5:43 AM
Lately, have been having problem with install from Internet Explorer. Get message the file does not exist or has been moved (or words to that effect).

When I switch to Chrome, no problem. Have done uninstall/reinstall of my Game Manager with no improvement.

Happened again, today, with 1000 Doors.

Puzzling.......

Edited for clarity: What the message actually says is-
"xxxxxxxx.exe file has been moved or deleted" (of course the xxxx's would be replaced by the appropriate file number in a real message)

posted in Christmas Tales: Fellina's Journey on Dec 21, 11 2:58 AM
So,bfgRhone-
Let me see if I understand..... the latest Ravenhurst CE (and may I just say "ick!") runs perfectly. All my other games run perfectly. This one opens with a white screen and lines, for me and a bunch of other folks, and you suggest it's my XP updates....I don't think so.

Would have felt much better if a bfg response had been "we're checking on this universal glitch and seeing if there is a problem." Surely if 4 pages of folks are experiencing what seems to be an identical issue the problem is not with us but with the game. Is it loading and playing correctly at your site? I've given up after three attempts to download/install.

It's always off putting when the Tech Issues thread has more responses than the Reviews thread - shouldn't that raise a RED FLAG? How about just asking for the Dr Felix report without the "silly users, have you even updated your drivers" portion? That's a bit arrogant and not what I expect from BFG.

posted in Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection on Dec 8, 11 12:53 PM
This is a really "buggy" game... finally finshed using my third profile. Think it took me about 4 1/2 hours and, once I passed the glitch sections (hospital and tavern), the game worked fine and I enjoyed it.

It was a nice surprise to find the Epilogue section, that added about another 30+ minutes of play and it was also glitch free.

posted in Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection on Dec 8, 11 12:34 PM
Most folks seemed to have problems in the library area, but worked fine for me. Did the uninstall/reinstall. When that didn't solve anything, I started second profile.... That one got stuck in the tavern... didn't even make it to the Doll section...

Finally finished about 15 minutes ago with a third profile. Game is "buggy" as all get out but did reach the end.

Thanks for your response and encouragement!

posted in Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection on Dec 7, 11 4:42 PM
The hint system seems pretty "single minded". I have found that there are things to do in the areas I'm checking, but the hint want me to go on and do something where I haven't been....

So, to get relevant hints, I've just been going ahead and doing what the hints say and then go back to my unfinished section and see if the hint will assist.... Not a great hint system, but at least the hints are correct though slightly "out of sync" with my gameplay.

So, "yes" I've had the same problem and "no" I don't think there is any way around it.....

posted in Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection on Dec 7, 11 4:35 PM
I gave the patient in the hospital the locket w/picture of her boyfriend. She said she would give me a doll. My game has her sitting in bed holding the doll, but I can't get it from her...

Hints tell me that I should put the doll on the desk w/others but that's not working, since I can't get the doll.

Anybody have a similar situation? Is there some other step I should take first?

Have exited and restarted the game - that didn't help.....

I'm very okay with quirky, odd, vampires, lost relatives, bugs, snakes, crashing car openings, etc.... but this game is just disgusting! I'm in the section where Charles is showing his childhood and it's just too crude for me..
SPOILER:
especially the part with trimming Mom's toenails, clipping her nose hair, and popping her pimples then putting all that stuff in a jar - yuck!!!

Seems more like an game written by (and for) Bart Simpson than a professionally developed game for adults.

Is this just a test of how much we as consumers will accept? I've liked the other Ravehurst games and accepted "intense" as the description for this one. But it's not anything I'm liking. Even the minigames are odd, too long and kind of boring. Not the clever puzzles from the earlier games.

I did the demo and bought the game - I'm sorry that I spent my money. It's a great disappointment for me. Sorry BFG... if this is the direction future games are moving I won't be buying them.

I realize that not all "fishies" will agree and that's okay, we all have our own comfort zones.... But I'm seriously disappointed that this game made it though BFG quality control and I'm deleting it.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 16, 11 6:03 PM
Fishies, you are the BEST!!!!!
I struggled with the darn Hot Spice and could not get it to work. Tried it above and to the right...., and it worked. I was so frustrated and you solved it for me.

Fishies rule!

posted in Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial on Nov 4, 11 7:15 AM
Oh, Valdy....
Please send some of your wet weather down to Texas. We're cooler but still SO dry there are cracks in the ground..... My husband bought new umbrellas, since he is an optimist!

Bought and am downloading this game - love the Poe games and look forward to playing.

Happy Friday to all fishies!

-----------------------
My turn - I just became a Lobster! Not so sure about that one, I really liked the little purple squid. So, you become a lobster at 80 post.... One of there days I need to look at the creature "schedule".

posted in Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 11 3:02 AM
Have struggles with the same DL issues others have expressed. Dawned on me, this AM, that I had not tried another browser. Did my DL through Chrome and it went perfectly. Had 30%+ at 12 minutes and the whole game preview in 30 min.

Usually check BFG site around 9am my time (Texas) so accessing the game at 4am is not usual for me.... May continue to use Chrome if it works this well.

Happy Gaming!

posted in Rainbow Web 3 on Sep 23, 11 9:07 AM
I have Rainbow Web for my iPhone and love it. Never tried it on my laptop and am downloading. Wheneven I'm in line or waiting at the "drive-up", I get out my phone version and play. Love those HOG's but Match 3 is just what's called for when I need to relax.... and they require surprisingly complex strategy.

Thank BFG for giving options/variety for your "fishies"!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator