Posts created by JB4510

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 26, 14 5:07 AM
I'm having difficulty messaging specific people. For example, let's say John gives me a key. Since I still need to complete the 100 messages quest, I could send him quick Thank You, and thus, be both polite and have that count toward my quest.

The problem is a) I can't just reply to the message that alerted me that John sent me a key and b) I can't find John in my list.

If I use the Message center to try to send a new message, it opens a short list of about 15-20 names. I can't type a name in and I can't scroll down through the list shown to see any other names.

If I try to go through my Friends list under the Friends tab, I have over a hundred ppl in no discernible order. It's not alphabetical or even by level or status. I can scroll through to the end, but in doing that it goes by very quickly. If I try to scroll slowly to see individual names, it keep refreshing and going back to the beginning.

It's very frustrating. All of my buildings are level 5 so I don't think that is the issue.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 24, 14 4:35 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:@JB4510: I don't have a solutution to your problem, but I think I can give you a way to circumvent it:
Open your browser first, then start the game in full screen mode.
You should now be able to toggle between the two using the key combination Alt-Tab.
For those of you who might not know: Tab is the key directly left of the letter Q (on a qwerty keyboard - yes, other keyboards do exist. Really. ).

Thanks for the tip. It works in general, so that is much more convenient than going back and forth between programs or minimizing and moving things on the screen so I can see everything at once. With the game however, it still has trouble going back to display. It has now come back up once or twice, both using the keyboard shortcut and manual methods, but most of the time, I'm still stuck with a black screen that quickly minimizes itself back to the toolbar. I'm guessing it's a problem on my end, probably with my drivers or display adapters. Will update those items and see if it corrects the problem.

Thanks again though for the shortcut. That is one I never knew.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 23, 14 12:04 AM
Recently returned to the game after a six month break. I have more keys than friends that are collecting them. I am deleting high level players with Zero Antique rating. If I accidentally deleted you, please accept my apology and feel free to re-add.

Social Code: 404-4574

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 22, 14 11:59 PM
Playing most recent version using BF Game Manager on Win 7x64. I just resumed playing after a six month hiatus. My only issue thus far is that when I minimize my game (by deselecting Full Screen under Options), I can't restore it. It just comes up with a black screen and then goes back to my task bar, where I have to close the game by right clicking the icon.

Since I really like to read the Forum while I play, this is rather annoying. I know the first answer is re-install, but I'm wondering if it is connected to the way do or do not update my PC - for example I do not install most Windows updates. I did just recently install the newest version of Java and I'm thinking that might be the issue.

Thanks

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 22, 14 2:57 AM
Hi All,

I've returned to the game after a six month hiatus and am so excited to see all the new quests and collections. Just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone who has worked to maintain the ever-growing list of collectibles. I just looked at the current spreadsheet on Google Docs and I am floored! That is a lot of work and I for one greatly appreciate it, as I know so many others do as well.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Jul 7, 14 4:33 AM
JB4510 wrote:I've had no problems playing my same game on both my PC & iPhone. Just the other day, I opened game on iPhone, selected to "Use Data from Server", but it is not updating. Tried removing & uninstalling, including deleting from iTunes library but game is stored in iCloud so no matter how many times I reinstall (including re-install of BFG app), it just opens game stored in cloud. Of course I am logging in w/ account info but it no longer even gives me the option to use server data vs. "data stored on this phone". Any help is greatly appreciated.

I was able to solve this problem myself, the issue was that I was not correctly logged in to the game. Here is the solution in case it helps anyone else.
-------------------------------------
Several people have posted regarding their games resetting and/or not getting credit for challenges or items sold. I have now experienced this myself, and in my case, have determined why and how to correct the problem.

This solution should work for anyone as long as you have an associated email and password with your game. I think many people are seeing the tutorial and freaking out, not realizing that if you play through, you can log-in and your game will automatically be returned to you.

My issue stems from the fact I play one game on both my PC and iPhone. Sometimes the information does not exchange correctly. For example, last night I met a daily challenge while playing on my phone, earning $16 bucks. When I opened my game this morning on the PC, the items sold were still in the oven and I had missed the challenge deadline.

To correct this problem, I first sign out of the game on the PC. Then open the game on my phone, and am offered two choices: “Use data from server” or “Use data on this device”. Because my goal is to ensure I get credited the $16, I choose “use data on this device”. Then I do one or two more actions on the game on the phone. I then exit the game on the phone.

When I re-open the game on the PC it appears as though it has been “re-set”. It starts from the very beginning. I am forced to play through the tutorial, (buying a cutting board, making radish, buying counter, serving radish, buying a table, buy a décor item, moving an item).

Once that is completed, I can then go to Options/Settings screen and log-in with my email & password. Once I do that the game instantly updates to where I left off.

Hope this helps!

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Jul 7, 14 4:30 AM
Several people have posted regarding their games resetting and/or not getting credit for challenges or items sold. I have now experienced this myself, and in my case, have determined why and how to correct the problem.

This solution should work for anyone as long as you have an associated email and password with your game. I think many people are seeing the tutorial and freaking out, not realizing that if you play through, you can log-in and your game will automatically be returned to you.

My issue stems from the fact I play one game on both my PC and iPhone. Sometimes the information does not exchange correctly. For example, last night I met a daily challenge while playing on my phone, earning $16 bucks. When I opened my game this morning on the PC, the items sold were still in the oven and I had missed the challenge deadline.

To correct this problem, I first sign out of the game on the PC. Then open the game on my phone, and am offered two choices: “Use data from server” or “Use data on this device”. Because my goal is to ensure I get credited the $16, I choose “use data on this device”. Then I do one or two more actions on the game on the phone. I then exit the game on the phone.

When I re-open the game on the PC it appears as though it has been “re-set”. It starts from the very beginning. I am forced to play through the tutorial, (buying a cutting board, making radish, buying counter, serving radish, buying a table, buy a décor item, moving an item).

Once that is completed, I can then go to Options/Settings screen and log-in with my email & password. Once I do that the game instantly updates to where I left off.

Hope this helps!

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Jun 16, 14 10:12 AM
I've had no problems playing my same game on both my PC & iPhone. Just the other day, I opened game on iPhone, selected to "Use Data from Server", but it is not updating. Tried removing & uninstalling, including deleting from iTunes library but game is stored in iCloud so no matter how many times I reinstall (including re-install of BFG app), it just opens game stored in cloud. Of course I am logging in w/ account info but it no longer even gives me the option to use server data vs. "data stored on this phone". Any help is greatly appreciated.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Jun 3, 14 5:33 PM
Did it again! Really getting tired of this game spending my money on things I don't want to plant. Any game tech support can easily see my account purchases and note that I do NOT buy premium prize plants. (Nor have I received anything remotely worth $10).

Of course, in order for such a review of my spending, we'd have to have an actual tech support person for this game, which we apparently do not. My refund request now stands at $30. Perhaps I'll start charging interest.

----------------

JB4510 wrote:I play Cooking Academy Restaurant Royale under my paid Big Fish account on both my Windows 7 64bit PC and iPhone 4s.

There is a significant issue when playing on the PC only in that when harvesting planted spices, the game sometimes just "jumps" and automatically plants a "premium prize" and deducts $10 game bucks from my account. This has happened before and I assumed I had done something wrong. Because of that, I now pay very close attention when harvesting or planting spices.

Yesterday, 5/21/14, it happened twice, costing me $20 in game bucks, for which I paid real money, and am requesting be refunded to my game.

While harvesting spices in planters placed in a vertical row, I clicked on "harvest" and a "premium prize tree" appeared in the empty planter directly above the planter I was harvesting. The screen appeared to "jump" in that I was never taken to the page to select an item to plant. A few hours later the exact thing happened again.

Though I have read other reports of people accidentally spending bucks when cooking or serving dishes, I have never had that problem. This is the only problem I have had and I find it very odd that whenever it occurs, it automatically plants the most expensive choice. I have never seen the game, nor have I accidentally, planted a regular seed or lower cost prize, only the premium.

While I strongly agree with other suggestions that there be a confirmation pop-up to prevent accidental spending, in this case, I don't know that it would matter, because the plant choice screen was skipped altogether. The Premium Prize tree just appeared.

I sincerely hope this problem will be corrected soon. I appreciate your assistance in refunding my game account $20 in game bucks due to this problem.

Thank you.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Jun 3, 14 5:28 PM
Anyone know if there is a special reward or achievement for mastering all dishes? I'm guessing not as that would be too kind of them.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Jun 3, 14 5:27 PM
This works better for me on PC than phone and I rely on the Sound, so perhaps make sure you have yours turned on? Either way you roll it, it will make the "dung" sound when you've hit the right spot, then switch directions. I've only missed three stars one time which was because the mouse got stuck somehow.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Jun 3, 14 5:24 PM
When I first began, I couldn't purchase bucks either. I had to change my email and login to match my BFG account, then I could purchase. Honestly do not know how ppl without BFG accounts purchase items.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Jun 2, 14 12:38 AM
Received my $20 bucks for the taco quest, finally. The trick most certainly is that you have to keep the game open and connected to the server the entire time of the quest.

Good Luck.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 30, 14 9:55 PM
Anyone know if sales start and end on certain days of the week or times of the month? Seems like they tend to happen on weekends. In my game, the counters & bucks just went off sale and currently no items are on sale.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 29, 14 2:38 AM
UBette wrote:I was nearly level 39, Now my game has reset. I have over 300 bucks and nearly 1mil coins. Now it's as if I've never played! Please advise. What do I do? I should have suspected something screwy when I received the exact same 'daily demand' as the day before.

I too play via BFG mgr. I use my BFG log-in info for the game (email and password are the same as my BF account). When I first started it took me awhile to understand that. For me, when I first started and the game was not linked to the account, I was not able to purchase anything. That is when I figured out I had to enter my BF account info.

If you are playing through your BF game manager, you should be able to enter your account info as your log-in for the game and it should be restored. I'm guessing that is not happening?

One option I have used successfully when something has gone awry is to open the game on my cell phone, select Play from Device, NOT SERVER, then fix what I needed to, close that, open it on my PC and then whatever changes I made on the phone are now back on the server.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 29, 14 2:33 AM
UBette wrote:...There is obviously no support for this game. I am sure there are many other inconvenient glitches to come that will rest on my shoulders to resolve or swallow. I advise anyone playing NOT to put any RL money into it. Nice game but no support. Thumbs down.

I was just about to comment on the lack of support. Most game forums have multiple responses from a Game Forum Moderator in the Technical Threads. In this one, I see only one post from the moderator on the day the thread was created. What is the point of creating a thread if no one is going to monitor it?

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 28, 14 2:21 AM
Witchy55 wrote:The ability to CHANGE THE COLOR and/or pattern of our items would be great. There are so few choices in this game! I wouldn't mind, for instance, paying $5,000 bucks to turn my Gold Counters to blue.

Another thing would be the ability to stow Green Bucks and Gold Coins in a piggy bank or something. That would make it easier to save large amounts to EXPAND our restaurants. It would also prevent us from using up Green Bucks when we accidentally hit things that would use them.

Alternatively, they should require us to OKAY purchases made with Green Bucks. I can't count the number of times I've gone to check the time on what's cooking only to have it eat my Green Bucks because it thinks I want to speed them up!

I second all of these ideas. I have passed up sales on counters and other items that would increase my score because I find them so ugly I don't want to look at them when playing. Part of the game is getting to decorate, and the choices are indeed very limited.

As for the verification before spending Green Bucks, my game likes to automatically "plant" Premium Prizes, at the cost of $10 Bucks each. This is truly not something I am doing, accidentally or otherwise. When I plant spices, every so often it just skips the plant screen entirely and I suddenly have a Prize plant and am minus $10. It's really frustrating.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 28, 14 2:16 AM
efi24 wrote:I think limiting the amount of utensils might be a problem for some of the daily demands which require like 18 of the same utensil to finish on time, at times. So am not voting for that idea, sorry. I actually like being able to put as many of the same utensil as possible at the same time. Sorry

I think you mean appliances. Like cutting boards, ovens, etc. I'm referring to Utensils which offer bonus skill points and raise the level of the recipes. They are not needed to complete quests. I agree that players should have the option to choose, so if someone wants 18 sets of knives they can have them. Alternatively, I think there should be an option to trade up so that a player can earn a Gold utensil by trading in X amount of Bronze.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 28, 14 1:43 AM
I first tried this recipe while playing on my phone and I was lucky to get two stars. I find it much easier to play on the computer using a mouse. Either way, the trick is not to let go of the egg.

When I started, I would crack the egg, then lift my finger from the touch pad or let go of the mouse button to move into position to put the egg in the bowl. That almost never worked. Hold the egg the entire time (as another person stated, "in one fluid motion"), pull down just fast enough to crack it (too fast and it breaks), then pull up into the bowl.

Even knowing that, and with the better control of a mouse, I still lose an egg every once in awhile. Just one of those things that takes a lot of practice.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 28, 14 1:37 AM
Witchy55 wrote:Great idea! I'm sending your message to the Tech Team here

Thank you!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator