Posts created by aim4stars

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 27, 14 8:47 AM
Pearls especially accumulate.
Here's how to turn 'em into gold.
Pearl Sell Off Steps in Rooms of Memory

1. Click on the crossed swords in the lower right hand corner of your screen, as though you were going to play a duel.

2. Click on duel.

3. Click on to duel

4. This will take you to your character, and you'll see how many pearls you have.

5. Click on one of the items in the "gear" box to the left.

6. This will bring you to the store for buying stuff with pearls. If you have a lot of pearls, I'd go for the big ticket items like totems etc. Click on an item to buy and it'll go into your backpack.

7. Once it's in your duel backpack, click on the item and then click on sell. Repeat buying and selling until you've gotten rid of all the pearls you want.

8. It can be cumbersome to do this because there aren't usually many open slots in one's backpack. But just keep chipping away at it, and you'll see your gold total ramp up!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 27, 14 8:44 AM
"Places with phenomenon" means a location that has a ghost, mermaid, octopus, twilight genie in residence. You can summon a ghost by using the Gold Tarra Cards.
You can earn these by playing the maya runes, I think, or going on expeditions. Good luck!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 23, 14 9:40 AM
All my sympathies and best regards to you. Take care

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 21, 14 1:20 PM
You can explore the Pumpkin Patch from Time of Knights, Venice or Paris....I like to do this because I like the background music in Time of Knights.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 21, 14 9:20 AM
To build the Mr Pumpkin head you need items that drop when you feed the Fiery Mr Pumpkin at you Manor. He only eats "Fresh Pumpkin".
While I still don't know where the Fresh Pumpkin drops (what locations etc) I do know that Fresh Pumpkin costs Gems in the Store and is not the same as the "Holiday Pumpkin" that drops often when you feed green striped candy to the creatures at your neighbors places.
Whew - that's a mouthful of pumpkin factoids.....
Help us experienced ones!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 16, 14 7:27 AM
SuzeyQueue (Kat) You are an inspirations. I will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes. Happy trails

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 14, 14 10:55 AM
Just then a lovely Japanese girl stepped out of the gathering crowd.
"I have news from the professor, everyone!" she exclaimed. "He is trying to open a portal to my homeland of Japan. He believes it is somewhere in the Emergency Room but he needs everyone's help. Put on your 3-D glasses and focus! But beware: the room is invisible and in "dismounted" image."

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 11, 14 8:51 AM
For these Side Quests, I actually write letters to all my neighbors using the mailbox at the manor. (is that an in-game PM?) I think it shows I am serious about getting my expedition off the ground or into the race

I like what everyone has said on this thread! Great comments/ideas.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 30, 14 11:24 AM
this is kind of a goofy "work-around" for the reply-freeze issue that I found.
But it solves the problem:
After reading a note, if you want to reply, rather than doing so in that box, visit Elvira's place and open her mailbox as if to write a letter.
All your neighbors avatars will pop up and you can pick the person you wanted to reply to and write a reply letter from there. You can then continue with normal play without the freeze issue

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 26, 14 12:56 PM
At a certain point in this excellent game the law of diminishing returns kicks in about the time you start to max out land.
Developers are understandably trying to make a decent profit on their creation.
Yet, oddly we experienced players find ourselves unable to buy new items because we have no more land upon which to place them. (Not to mention the issue of urban sprawl.)

Here is an idea that is working very well on Awakening Kingdom:
Since seasoned players have a whole lot of items cluttering up their grounds and inventory locker why not give us a means by which to auction them off? Rooms of Memory and Awakening Kingdom solve this problem via wish lists and auction areas that actually work.
You may ask what's in it for Dark Manor Developers? Answer: Opens up a way to sell to your existing market. (IE. Gives seasoned players a way to revitalized their property and buy new stuff from you!)

By the way kudos for the best Customer Support Team ever.
- River Vine

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 26, 14 8:39 AM

Snoozin' then surprised to see my Super Neighbors crossed milestones.
Congrats to Zumapuma, bubbleluckbee, SweetGrass, NatashaMiller, lakedowcast, thetconally, spiele, DazedElf, Clm5457, SarahCrowley, for crossing 100, 200, 300, even 600 (Sarah!!)

xoxo ;D

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 24, 14 12:57 PM
Wrapped in a pretty package this is not a game at all but a series of: "run over here and do this HO scene then get this relic and bring it here (to some creature or other) and then go back to the same HO scene (which has a 30 minute timer on it before you can play it again) get another piece of a relic or artifact, assemble it and bring it back here..."
I kid you not...this game actually times you out and won't let you play it.
LOL I think this is some human experiment to see how much drivel gamers will tolerate.
Playing this "game" goes like this:
Run in circles
Return to the same HO Scenes over and over
Wait 30 minutes for those HO Scenes to open
Find faded items in scenes that will have your eye twitching
No Way to invite friends to play (why would you anyway)
”Friends” just appear (obviously fake) - most take your gifts & don't reciprocate
Gifts must come from your own hard won pile of relics
- so no Free gifting
Dice games - cost a fortune with a 1 in 4 chance of winning
NO story or adventure whatsoever.
An Airship hovers above which you're supposed to load with hard won goods and ship off to who knows where for who know what purpose and for which you are rewarded with a pittance no where near as dear as the items you just shipped off.
Daily log in pays a pittance in coin and everywhere you turn there is an attempt to get you to pay up in real money. Never!
Why would I?
For what?
Now and then they add a new location (prison etc). So what.
Fix the game instead of adding new rooms.
Play "Rooms of Memory" or "Dark Manor" and leave this hound dog alone.
As an experienced gamer I DO NOT recommend Midnight Castle.

posted in Agency 33 on Sep 24, 14 12:45 PM
You only have to visit the Agency 33 game forum to learn that this game is full of technical issues. One the worst problems that developers will not address is not being credited with rewards you have paid for - or worked hard to win.
This is a game that has quests interspersed with hidden object scenes (HOS). There is a LOT of running around getting things and playing the same HOS over and over and over to try to get an item, then crafting something with it then giving the item to someone...
Like "Found" which is a pretty decent HOS, there are MOBs (floating creatures you have to banish using resources, in order to get rewards). In Agency 33, however, you banish the creature and win the reward but the item you win rarely appears in your inventory. This is infuriating.
You can imagine the frustration of doing all this and not being credited with the item you won!! Then going to the forum only to learn that this has been an issue for months and no one is bothering to fix it..
I uninstalled and stopped playing.
I am an experienced gamer but I Do NOT recommend this game at this time.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 24, 14 9:05 AM
Hover mouse over Chests and list will pop up of rewards given for levels of participation. I gather the brown chest is a reward one gets for any level of participation.

I was really confused by all this at one time.

I kinda like that we have to discover stuff as we go but sometimes !*%$#! Bleep!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 24, 14 8:59 AM
Exxxxxcellent observations

Okay I admit it...I even sometimes say it out loud!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 24, 14 6:59 AM
Tinebrella I like flints anytime..Hope you get some great professors and best of luck.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 30, 14 1:28 PM
I have loved playing ROM with my friend Luba69...always generous with help and an encouraging word.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 30, 14 1:24 PM
It doesn't even make sense from an economic standpoint since Big Fish would make more money if people were able to buy more dragon food. (Buy crystals that is ). One of the many curiosities of Rooms of Memory that defies logic. This the by far and away the best HOPA (hidden object, puzzle, adventure) game in pay to play or free to play. Areas in need of improvement are 1) Opening Japan 2) creating quests/expeditions that involve Venice and TOK more 3) Allowing you feed more than one of the same type dragon when helping friends 4) fixing the dueling glitches 5) providing a real Strategy Guide so new players could ramp up faster.

I didn't know how to ask for help on Dragon Runes and didn't even know I had some food available to feed trees for about 2 months

So to answer your question: No I surely do not know why.....

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 28, 14 10:41 AM
Here’s a shout out to the best High Level Players ever (mine ): Maddy Martina, BlueKiwi, SarahCrowley, Luba69, Slon50, meedeme. tinebrella, marimontero, peggy8538, rehearshard2, starmagicgreen, farihavenfish01, firerose01, rorothom, zitronenfalter12, Marjasinstar, clm5457, Ivanamajsen, TexasBaker, Sambah, issi_111, MrsSharon, WealthyWizard, Jeffsgirlonly, teraD, deborahpeters, Sarturnina……they gift daily, they help generously with expeditions, they offer super tips. I know they are dedicated to helping out newer players. If anyone is having issues with non-responsive players for whatever reason just delete them to make room for greater players. It’s your game. Play it the way you want to play it. Have a good time everyone and thanks to all my fantastic friends in ROM!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 21, 14 7:59 AM
https://translate.google.com/

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator