Posts created by crystalwitch1955

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 2, 16 1:47 PM
MinervaB wrote:Does anybody knows how many new pets are there? So far I have have gotten 4 dragons from the ghostly chest. Which I love. They didn't take very many pet food and they give you a very nice gift every time.

There are four pets in the ghostly chest. A rainbow dragon, a fire dragon, and I think there's one called furry paw and another who's name I can't remember.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 1, 16 3:08 PM
creeksideator wrote:
a1cindy wrote:
luv2playhog wrote:I was disappointed at first also, but words of encouragement from several of you made me try to move on...no pets yet, even though I have opened chest twice now, but playing the hos has started giving me some inventory and building up my coins, I will continue to play, just without as much enthusiasm as I used to, ty all, happy gaming

hi luv if you opened the chest 2 times you should have received the rainbow dragon at least maybe i am wrong but i am pretty sure i got the little guy after the 2nd time

Hi I'm confused what chest are you referring to.

If you go to the Dark Tower, and up to the room where Arabella is, you will see what looks like a furnace just below her. If you click on it, it is a passage and will bring you out to where the ghostly chest is. Is that the one you wanted?

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 1, 16 3:05 PM
Hederahelix7 wrote:
Hi, I have a query about a particular craft I need to create.
The craft is the Celestial Hunter and I have all the parts but 3 Unique Marks.
My question is how do I gain the 3 Unique Marks without spending an exorbitant amount ($19.99) on buying them.
I thought this was a free game, but if I have to spend money to complete it, it is not free and to be honest I am not impressed by that.
Many thanks for any help and / or tips

Buying items is an option, but not necessary. I am at level 69, and haven't spent a penny in real money. The Unique ticket will be given sometimes in reward for quests, but you might have a better chance by feeding your pets, especially if you can get the gold chests. Also, have you put them on your wish list? If not, then you should as friends can then gift them to you.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 30, 16 11:23 AM
I thought that once we had collected the four new pets from the ghostly chest, we would have no further need of the blue keys. Have just realised that Arabella's quest, which we can't finish until the next update and are able to speak to the gate keeper again, has a blue key as a reward, which suggests that we may need them for a future quest or quests. Any thoughts/ideas?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 26, 16 7:35 AM
btroi wrote:Am very frustrated with this game and the updates. The latest update only allowed one level increase from 68 to 69 before requiring yet another upgrade. Previous upgrade only allowed 2 levels increases. I'm not happy and thinkgif on quitting the game. Does anyone have any insight into what is going on exactly with the game developers?

It is frustrating, I agree, but when you look at the amount of detail in all the various scenes, that must have taken a long time to do, and I think that this mini update was to fill the gap between the last one and the Spring event. Since we don't have to pay to play this game, I think that we are quite lucky to get updates at all - a lot of free to play games have a set amount of levels and when you get through them, that's it. I know it is difficult to be patient, but it's all we can do really. I, and quite a few of the other players on here, have found that doing and re-doing the HOS does build up your coins, diamonds and inventory so that when the next update arrives we can play and gift easily.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 20, 16 11:50 AM
Yay Update finally here. Hope it's more than just one or two levels this time though.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 18, 16 5:22 AM
gohill wrote:I have played other ftp games... they were free, and when I didn't like them, I uninstalled them, and it was no skin off my back... what I did NOT do, was go on to the MAIN forum of those games and trash them with a title such as "awful game"...

there IS a place for reviews... a sticky ... called:

REVIEWS for Midnight Castle... this is where I would expect players who do not like the game, or even hate it, or like it , or love it to put their reviews... Since it's on every game forum, the mods made it a sticky, for what seems to me, a logical reason... people have opinions about all the games.... and if you just tried the game on for size, that's the place to put your opinion.... Using the MAIN forum, to "show off" is underhanded... in my opinion..

ETA: I was just going to delete this whole post, but... I stand by my statements where I expressed my experience with other free games, and since I didn't spend money on them, it really was easy enough to uninstall and move on to the next... and I still feel that the Reviews for Midnight Castle is there specifically for reviews, whatever they may be... I toned down the bold print, I still feel the same way about how the OP handled their opinion, they have a right to it, but wish they had put it in Reviews instead..

I have only just come back to this thread and am surprised to see the posts that are accusing a few of threatening. I certainly did not put anything that I thought was insulting but agree with gohill when she says that there is a place for critiques - the review thread. The original poster did not really review the game and of course they are entitled to their opinion of it but if I were a new player, I would not have found "it's boring" very helpful. None of the players like the waiting around, but put up with it because overall they emjoy playing and as several have pointed out, it is free and easy to uninstall if not liked. So, I am sorry if I have caused offence, but don't feel that anything I said was either offensive or inflammatory.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 18, 16 5:12 AM
gohill wrote:I have played other ftp games... they were free, and when I didn't like them, I uninstalled them, and it was no skin off my back... what I did NOT do, was go on to the MAIN forum of those games and trash them with a title such as "awful game"...

there IS a place for reviews... a sticky ... called:

REVIEWS for Midnight Castle... this is where I would expect players who do not like the game, or even hate it, or like it , or love it to put their reviews... Since it's on every game forum, the mods made it a sticky, for what seems to me, a logical reason... people have opinions about all the games.... and if you just tried the game on for size, that's the place to put your opinion.... Using the MAIN forum, to "show off" is underhanded... in my opinion..

ETA: I was just going to delete this whole post, but... I stand by my statements where I expressed my experience with other free games, and since I didn't spend money on them, it really was easy enough to uninstall and move on to the next... and I still feel that the Reviews for Midnight Castle is there specifically for reviews, whatever they may be... I toned down the bold print, I still feel the same way about how the OP handled their opinion, they have a right to it, but wish they had put it in Reviews instead..

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 18, 16 5:06 AM
Della295587 wrote:
Della295587 wrote:
Tifaya wrote:Hello Devs. and moderators,

Could anyone give us, level 68 players, a hint on when the new update will be released, please, please, pretty please?

Thanks!

Tifaya

Hey, you know none of know that, lol. Wish we did, tho. If it's like last year, my best guess would be around Easter. I'll scan thru the posts to see what I can and get back to ya.

I went back thru posts on this forum, and best I could tell, the last spring event was going on sometime in March of last year. That was when we had the morphing butterflies, got the flowers, etc. The morphing butterflies were easier to see because their wings were flapping when they appeared. I really don't know when the Spring Event started, or ended, I just noticed that it was going on in March of last year due to some of the posts I looked at. Hope this helps.
Happy gaming all!

As far as I can remember you're right, it was just a bit before Easter, and Easter is early this year - end of March rather than early April, so that should mean spring event and/or update by mid-March. Hopefully! Perhaps if we all write letters to the Easter bunny to tell him we've been good, we'll get our wish (for the next update) sooner! lol

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 14, 16 3:13 PM
MollyGrace4 wrote:Was on level 61 when computer crashed. Open new account and had to start at level 1. How can I find my friends list from other game if possible?

If you know your ID no. you might be able to retrieve your original game. Or if you can't remember it, you could try contacting customer support - they may be able to restore it.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 14, 16 8:15 AM
Looking at the other posts you've put up, it looks like you get bored quite easily - perhaps computer games just aren't your thing?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 13, 16 2:02 PM
eggbox wrote:Hi Crystalwitch - you were totally correct about foolscap being a paper size in the UK, but I'm not too keen on your remarks about the origin of the word. Yes, it was a very long time ago that I went to school, and yes, we did all sit at out wooden desks with inkwells in them, and yes, we did all have individual blackboard and chalk - BUT - Court jesters were definitely long gone by then - lol

Hi Eggbox. I did say it was a long time since I was at school - it would have been during the 1960s - and that I thought that was the explanation. Well I just checked on Wikipedia -the following paragraph is from their definition.

Foolscap was named after the fool's caps and bells watermark commonly used from the fifteenth century onwards on paper of these dimensions.[1][2] The earliest example of such paper that is firmly dated was made in Germany in 1479. Unsubstantiated anecdotes suggest that this watermark was introduced to England in 1580 by John Spilman, a German who established a papermill at Dartford, Kent.[3] Apocryphally, the Rump Parliament substituted a fool's cap for the royal arms as a watermark on the paper used for the journals of parliament.

Quite a bit before both our times, I think. lol.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 13, 16 10:38 AM
Gulliver01 wrote:I saw awhile back "somewhere" on "some" forum page for MC about the items you can craft for little or no $$ and then sell for profit. I have been looking for same post for about 3 hrs. now and no luck.....Any help please?

Also I am new to the forums thingy and am wondering if there is any subheadings for MC other than just the forum or others posts.

I am also wondering if there is an in depth instruction to the posting.

Also once I am in forum I can't seem to narrow the search except to go to "search all forums" screen and I sure don't want to go to all forums looking for crafting items.

If I seem confused it's cause I am.

Help please.
Thanks,
Pam

Hi Pam. On October 27th, I posted a list of many of the crafted items that can be sold at a profit, and Tifaya did too, earlier, I think, but not sure exactly when.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 13, 16 8:55 AM
Della295587 wrote:
eggbox wrote:Does anyone know how you can identify friends who have changed their name to something totally new? I find it very difficult to keep a track of gifting so that to be fair to everyone I keep a list of who I gift to and who gifts to me. but because I have been playing the game for so long, this list is 2 foolscap pages long. So when someone changes their name I have no way of knowing who they were. I would be very glad of any help with this.
Happy gaming all

I have the same problem. A while back I made a list on my "Office" software where I listed all my friends, their ID #, etc. and sorted alphabetically. This way I can do a search either by name or ID#. I currently have 160 friends and I know they sometimes change their name (avatar). It's hard to keep up with them, I'll admit, but this method makes it easier for me. I have 7 players on my friends list that only show up as "Player", now that's the hard part.

I also keep a running list of who gifts me so I can reciprocate.

By the way, what does "foolscap" mean? I'm wondering if this is a European expression? I'm in the US and have seen it a few times in this forum. Please enlighten this dumb Yank

Hi Della. 'Foolscap' is a paper size - just a bit bigger than A4. I think the term is mainly used in the UK and I seem to remember being told at school (a very long time ago)! that it was so called because the water mark on it had something to do with the cap worn by court jesters (or fools; hence fools cap) and over the centuries became one word.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 12, 16 10:43 AM
eggbox wrote:Is the donkey a new pet - or one that has been there all the time?

Donkey has been there since at least last Spring. I am still working on it but only need another few smiley suns. I assume that the donkey heads/tails and other items needed to craft it will be available when the next Spring/Easter event starts in a few weeks.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 11, 16 1:52 AM
16 bags of food is a lot, but quite a few of the gnome/elf's quests require you to feed your pet to the value of 15 or 16. Sometimes I make it up from the pets with the lower food requirements but if I have them, it's usually just quicker to use the higher consumption pets.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 7, 16 2:47 PM
I'm hoping that the reason there are no - or very few - eggs on wheel is because they are going to introduce several new ones in next update and are too busy creating them to put new stuff on wheel. Funny thing a couple of days ago though; I had a pilgrims hat on the wheel which was one of the Halloween crafting items.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 7, 16 12:16 PM
Annelliegram wrote:Courtesy of Halloween and Christmas, I have 1.5 mil built up beyond my minimum coin I will keep......as each day progresses, that coinage increases.

If I ever do see an egg on the wheel, I am gonna have me some spinning fun!

Wow, that is a lot of coins! In that case, happy spinning. lol

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 6, 16 3:21 PM
Annelliegram wrote:
crystalwitch1955 wrote:I haven't seen an egg on the fortune wheel for over two months. I have all the pets, so don't need them for that, but one of the achievements requires you to win eggs from wheel - won't accept them if they are gifted. Not much I can do but wait. Irritating though.

In same boat as you, I am --- have all the pets.....even have several of the eggs for pets I HAVE created (just collect eggs for some reason cuz they are kewl) --- so don't need pets and don't need eggs.....but reeeeeeeeeelllly do want the achievement.

Haven't seen an egg on the wheel since shortly after the Christmas event started...saw one at the beginning and then zip, zero, nada since.

Hoping very much that when Christmas is over for iPad that they will start to drop....I have certainly amassed a considerable amount of coin --- so I will have me some spinning fun when one does present!

Well I play on PC and Christmas event has been over for three or four days - still not seen an egg on wheel. I don't expect them every time, and even if they do appear, there's no guarantee that the spin will deliver one, but they need to at least give us a chance!
Be careful about spending too many of your coins on them though - each time there has been an update so far the game has several new zones that take a lot of coins to open.

Happy New Year, and enjoy your gaming.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 6, 16 4:44 AM
Hi. Playing on pc ID 109819, I am still short of about twenty of the little smiley suns if anyone has them to spare please.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator