Posts created by gumdropfan

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 5, 16 9:02 AM
Barlow0502's suggestion really helped me with this level. Thanks!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Oct 15, 16 10:47 AM
I agree that some levels are "insanely difficult," as you say. What I have learned about saving money on this game:

(1) Slow Down--I sometimes get caught up in the action and start working too fast, choosing bad moves.

(2) Examine The Board--I have learned the hard way to take note of which columns have exit arrows at the bottom, which have circles, etc.

(3) Change Strategies--Misdirection is one of the favorite tricks that the designers put in this game. For example, I might be wasting moves trying to break those chains over on the sides, when I should just play for the point count. Another example: On two or three boards, I needed red gummies to burst a color blocker, but no red gummies were falling down. Then I created and blew up a line blaster of a different color, and suddenly all kinds of red gummies showered down on the board.

(4) Check The Forum--When I start a city, I make a paper list of the levels that have forum advice and go back to the forum to read about it when I reach one of the levels on the list.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Oct 12, 16 7:35 AM
I'm getting ready to start Shanghai, after I complete Transylvania. Most of the cities are enjoyable, although NYC was too lengthy and Berlin was a grueling ordeal!

I loved Paris and New Orleans the most.

The game board and token appearance affect my enjoyment. I like the cities with the greener and redder backgrounds, trees that sway in the wind, fireflies, etc. I loved the bicycle in Paris and the pigeon in Rome. But if I take a dislike to the appearance of some of the little people, I don't enjoy playing for their rewards. Isn't that stupid? I can't help my reaction.

I like looking for treasure chests, spinning the wheel, buying and selling resources, drilling for gems, shipping resources.

I like this game SO much better than other match-3 games like 3 Dots or Candy Crush. Actually, I love this game. Some of the levels are incredibly clever in their design, and I find myself admiring the unseen, unknown developers. Thank you all so much for your work!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 31, 16 4:52 AM
On NO level 25, I matched a bomb and a line blast. I saw the three horizontal arrows erase three rows, and then the game ended (I won) without any vertical arrows. Is this normal behavior?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 27, 16 5:47 PM
It looks like I will never succeed in conquering Level 1 Master Builder. I am shipping gummies to New Orleans right now. I just tried out the speed-up feature on a resource port. It ships those gummies instantly for 10 coins, and I plan to do it more often to get through this tricky city.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 27, 16 5:23 PM
I got through it by matching reds and yellows, ignoring other matches, until the color blockers burst. Then got the seeds to drop. Boosts weren't required.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator