Posts created by BarbiW

posted in Aquascapes on Jul 9, 13 12:06 PM
I am also running this game with Windows 8 and am having the same problem where sometimes when I switch between tanks the game just shuts down and when I reopen it I have lost whatever shells/stars etc I have just earned. It would be nice to have some sort of fix for this seeming problem with Windows 8.
Thanks.

Look under the floorboards by the door

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 27, 10 8:14 AM
I really liked this game

I thought the objects were nice and clear (even though I found some of them quite hard to find, they were obvious when I did find them). The ability to brighten the scene in the options menu was a very welcome extra. I'd not seen this before so I hope that it will be adopted by other game developers in the future.

The story, what there is of it, is quite amusing but I'm not that interested in the story particularly. I like the puzzles and if I got a bit stuck as to what I should do, a quick look at the journal or in my inventory usually gave me an idea.

I'm very glad I bought this game - I would definitely recommend it.

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 22, 10 10:51 AM
Have you gone into the Indian's tent (teepee - whatever)?

Try giving the dog a bone.

posted in Simajo: The Travel Mystery Game on Jul 21, 10 7:53 AM
I'm really glad that some people like this game - I liked the concept but not the way the game was produced so won't be buying it myself but it wouldn't do for us all to be the same would it?

posted in Simajo: The Travel Mystery Game on Jul 21, 10 7:50 AM
Big_Ichthys - I would hope that the game creators/developers DO read these reviews. How else are they to develop games that they can sell if they don't cater for the kinds of games that people want to buy?

When something is bad it helps no-one to tell the originator that it is good. I am all for encouraging people to do better (and if you take the trouble to read the reviews you will find that people do have some positive things to say about the game and some suggestions for improvements) but bad things should be pointed out as well.

As for offending people - I find your post extremely patronising and bordering on offensive. I do not need to be told by you or anyone else that my approach is not 'mature'. Perhaps you should look at your own attitude before criticising others.

posted in Simajo: The Travel Mystery Game on Jul 21, 10 7:39 AM
BarbaraFish - I love the fact that you are trying to find something positive to say about this game

I thought the idea was good - I really don't care if it's a Jumanji copy. If an idea is good then it should be copied IMO.

I liked some of the games very much - the different word games and the one where you have to move blocks around to release something.

However, those 2 things were greatly overshadowed for me by the dreadful English and the sometimes arbitrary object identification.

posted in Simajo: The Travel Mystery Game on Jul 21, 10 7:22 AM

I'm really sorry to have to say this as I thought the game idea had real potential (even though it's based on the idea behind Jumanji) but this is really dreadful.

SPOILER WARNING
The very first Hidden Object ( I'm editing this as apparently a capital letter H followed by a capital letter O as an abbreviation for Hidden Object is not allowed - forgive me, I'm English LOL)screen should have warned me when the potato I was looking for turned out to be a packet of chips (or 'fries' if you are American ).
Then on another screen when looking for numbers the dots on a pair of dice counted but the numbers on a watchface did not

The English translation (I assume it was a translation as it was far too bad to be just bad grammar) was awful.

A good idea very poorly executed in my opinion.

posted in The Pirate's Treasure: An Oliver Hook Mystery on Jul 21, 10 6:15 AM

I'm afraid I didn't like this game. I found the bad English irritating and the mini games far too easy. I played almost the whole of the 'try it' hour to see if they got more difficult as the game went on but they didn't seem to change very much. This was a shame because I usually enjoy the 'join the pipes' type games in particular.

The scoring seemed over-complicated too - and I was very confused over which items were treasure which could be spent in the store and which were not (apart from the coins which were obvious).

So, sorry, no sale today.

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 20, 10 9:30 AM
I really enjoyed this game - although I was initially a bit disappointed in the mini games as I thought they would be more puzzle oriented. But then I discovered how much fun the shooting gallery game is . The hidden objects scenes are great - I like to take my time and enjoy the scenery as I play and there is plenty to look at and great little animations and sound effects (I turned the music off I'm afraid - but then I usually do whatever game I play).
I really liked the fact that I could collect awards and trophies but it wasn't compulsory in order to finish the game - I could pick and choose which ones I wanted to go for - so could concentrate on accuracy and not worry about timing for instance. The unlimited scenes were well done too as (apart from the inventory item usage) all the original play elements were there - animations, bad guys popping up to earn you hints etc.
I have already played it twice - concentrating on different awards each time - and can see me playing it several more times before I get bored.

9/10

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 20, 10 9:14 AM
You need the door handle (looks a bit like a mini crowbar) which is in the Bedroom (on the bed).

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 20, 10 8:41 AM
The scissors which go into your inventory are in the Forge (on top of the barrel in the bottom left of the scene). You can only get to the Forge once you have completed the Trading Post and got the cufflink from the crack in the floor. To do that you need the tweezers from the Boudoir which are on the blue lampshade in the far left. You will need to use the map (bottom right of your screen) to move from location to location.

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 20, 10 8:19 AM
To get the money bag you need the chiselly thing which is on top of the tall cupboard in the mansion (I think) - then use it on one of the bricks on the righthand side of the fireplace - the money bag is behind the brick.

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 20, 10 8:05 AM
It's right over to the left, near the bottom, under the lefthand side of the anvil.

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 20, 10 7:53 AM
I love the kitties too
but I think my favourite creature is the rather drunk looking hamster in the Bandit Camp

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 20, 10 7:48 AM
I think it's in a picture which is reflected in the wardrobe mirror. It's quite faint.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Dec 1, 08 10:12 AM
I really LOVE this game

I hate time limits so that's a real bonus and to have a hidden object game combined with a puzzle solving game is for me just perfect.

I'm only about half way through (I think) at the moment and have peeked at the forum for help on a couple of things but IMHO this is the best Mystery Case Files game yet.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake on Oct 28, 08 1:10 PM
You need to leave the park ranger to do his research (after you've asked him about the photograph). Go away and do something else and then go back to see if he's got the number yet.

Hope this helps.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator