Posts created by militarymommy

posted in Dream Day True Love on Dec 13, 10 1:55 PM
I am truly sorry to all the fishies that DO like this installment, but IMHO, this is really not up to par with the rest of them. It is far too easy on the hidden object portions, there is an arrow that leads you around to tell you what to do or where to go next, there are sparkles and 'highlights' for things that need to be done yet, to get you out of the scene you are in and to the next. Way too easy and far too much hand holding for me! That was playing in the advanced mode too!!! The only difference I can see in playing the regular mode as versed the "Soul Mates" (hard) mode was that you could not skip the mini games.
I did not even demo this one, instantly bought it when it came out, and am bitterly dissappointed with this game play.
If you want easy, no think, waste of time and money play, this is the game for you
The graphics are beautiful on it though, to say something on the bright side. LOL

Happy gaming, fishies, and happy holidays to all!!!!

OK, I totally just could not grasp the concept - and tried the game all over from beginning to that point 3 times, for 3 days. Lots of thinking, looking at the big map and pieces, reading the forums, and FINALLY!! Here is how to do that part:
We know there are 3 cannons and there are 3 symbols. Go to the cannon in the clearing, look up close at it and see which symbol it has. Then open the big map and find the symbol at the top or either side. There are 6 of the map pieces you found that match each symbol. Lets say the symbol you have on the cannon is the one on the top of the map. You need to find where on the big map each of the pieces matches to. When you find the match on the big map for each piece, note down the roman numeral that is closest to that place. Find all 6 of the matched small pieces to the big map, write each numeral down, then go back and put in each roman numeral, in the order of the small map pieces (1 thru 6). (For my first cannon I had the "stick" looking symbol and my numerals were; I, XV, V, XXIX, IV, and XI) Do that for each cannon and each symbol. As you enter in the correct roman numeral, one of the small buttons under the symbol on the cannons will push in and stay in, when you get the last numeral in correctly, the cannon will come out of the water and that is when you click on the skull, in about the middle of the cannon, on it to open it. If you hit a wrong numeral, all of the buttons will reset and you have to start over. Pay careful attention to EXACTLY what is in the small map pieces, as there may be more than one numeral close to that particular piece. Things do change each time you play it so my map pieces may not be the same as yours. Hope that helps, that is the only way I can think of to explain it! Happy Gaming and I hope you don't quit now, the game is not over yet!!!!

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Sep 1, 10 7:41 PM
After over 100 comments I know mine is not needed but HAD to say this is one hell of a good game!! I played this game for 6 hours - had to stop and eat dinner and take the puppy out 2 x but other than that it was solid play time! Fun mini- games, fabulous stories. There are actually 3 stories in this one that you have to solve to get out. I almost tired out before the game did! LOL Really a good one, kind of along the RTR and Dire Cove games, where you have to find the objects in each room, add to your inventory and use as needed. The hidden objects are not tiny for these old eyes, they are well hidden though, and cant say anything about the music as I always turn that off but the atmosphere sounds are on spot with the story line.
You will NOT regret buying this one, very, very, very good, IMHO. Happy gaming and more like this please BFG!

PS - I almost quit BF after they took my Big Sea games away today but glad I went in and checked the games there one more time. I may very well stay with them after this one.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 5, 10 1:40 PM
I found this to be a fun and relaxing game with the story line having a sense of humor that made me laugh at times. It is a bit of an adventure H.O.G. game so a tad more fun than just finding objects. I did not find it overly childish - the game is based on a Princess, after all!
I listened to the music for a bit, was not too bad, but always turn music off as it distracts me.
There are no click penalties when you are trying to figure out your next step in the game, but there is when you are in the hidden object scenes. Hints refill in about a minute and so far seem to be unlimited.
I happily used another "july4thsale" coupon to purchase this one - $4.89 USD is a steal for a game that is good enough to want to see how the story turns out - And hope the Princess does not marry that pompous toad! LOL
Happy gaming, all!!!

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jul 1, 10 3:55 PM
Now that I am calmed down enough to comment, here goes....
Do NOT waste your money on this CE. Even when you pay the normal 6.99 or use a credit, you will not get your money's worth. I have an idea the creators are using and leaning on their most excellent reputation with the first three of this game to sell 4,5, 6 and 7, which should be chapters and not games! This game is more like a chapter rather than the entire game and they may even sell 4-7 all together as one game when they are done putting them all out.
Now, mind yoiu, this is just an opinion, but the 4th one in the series is just that - a chapter. It took me 2 hours, in the challenging mode, to get finished with it. I turn all music off so dont know about that, the art work is carried over from the others, I did not find Lyra's voice that bad. The puzzles were boring, the game way too easy, not a challenge in the entire game, your 1 hour demo is about the end of it, only an hour or so left after that and nothing new in the rest of that hour. The 'extra' game play was a few puzzles that you put together, not at all worth the time, much less the extra money. DC fans, be warned, you will be disappointed and even angry by the end - which I thought, as mentioned, was the first chapter and the game would go on from there. A total rip off and huge let down!!

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 10 3:30 PM
I was so angry when I was done with the game - in 2 hrs, I might add - I sat there staring at my computer screen in disbelief!
Let me start with the Pro's while I can still think of any:
Nice graphics, carried over from 1,2 and 3
Lyra's voice was exactly what I thought it would sound like - I didn't mind it at all and thought she was cute.
Honestly, that is about all I can say on the good end of things!!
It was way short on tme - the first 3 were a good length of play time and totally kept you immersed in the game play.
This one does, indeed, leave out the 'dream' quality the others had, the puzzles are so easy it leads one to think they will get harder as the game goes forward, which they don't, it just stunk all the way around!
Puzzles way to easy, game so short I thought it was just chapter 1, seemed more like one they may have made as a beginning game 4, not the entire game! This is not even worth it if it were on the $2.99 special board - save your money!! Shame on these developers!!!! You are better than this garbage you sold us out on this time!!!

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 25, 10 11:54 AM
Just to say, I have not played it yet, did not demo it, did not read the forums until I had bought it and it was installing.
Hope I did not make a mistake with this one - All of the Dream Chronicles have always been my fave, Dire Grove, R2R, were direct spin offs of this type of game, so think this was the start of something fabulous!
I will play and get back with you. After seeing the comments about the length of the game, the poor "bonus" chapter and the fact that it does not have the 'dreamy' quality to it, I am hoping I did not make a $20 mistake here!!
Will post again (not too soon, I hope!) when I am back from Dream Land!!
Happy gaminig, fishies!!!

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 19, 10 3:11 PM
I am glad I read the posts before attempting to play the demo! I DETEST H.O.G.'s that either have the items in pieces to be put together or show shadows of the objects to be found. I find that highly irritating. I do not mind the dark scenes or the vampire theme of it, however, better than flashing lights and bobbing scenes! Ahem.
Anyhow, very disappointed that there were comments about very tiny objects too - my eyesight is not what it once was!
Sad to see all of this about the game, glad there are some fishies that are enjoying it though. From the posts on it so far though, I won't be trying or buying.
I know there will be one soon that will be something to 'flip' about!
Happy gaming everyone!!!!

posted in The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix on Jun 17, 10 2:46 PM
I played for about 15 mins and had to get out - FAST! I have siezures and this game brought one on, as I did not get out quick enough. Lighting blinks on and off, in between scenes a tunnel comes at you, the screnes bob back and forth. Really disturbing, even if I did not have a siezure disorder!
This one needs to have that explicit seizure warning on it.
All in all, I thought the graphics were home made looking, the game overall was a bit childish, and the scenes fuzzy. Not for fishies who don't have good eyesight, either.
So, definately not a buy for me but maybe some other fishies will like it.

posted in Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds on Jun 4, 10 3:59 PM
I did like the game as far as getting into the 4th Chapter in the demo. I will not be buying it, however, as the objects are so very tiny. I was able to find most of them without the help of the 'hint' button, and the hint button does refill rather quickly.
I agree with some of the posts in that it was in rather poor taste to have to work around the gals body, who was killed. I do not know about the music - I always turn that off in any game before I even start the game. Too distracting for me.
I just do not like having to get so close to the screen that my eye lashes are touching it - - in order to see the screen properly. Other than this, it was an enjoyable game and I do wish things were better suited to the screen for seeing as I really wanted to find out 'who done it'!
If you have great eye sight and enjoy H.O.G. games with some interaction with the characters, you will love it!
Happy gaming, fishies!!

I rarely ever post about the games on here and after seeing over 50k posts on it I figured mine was not needed but here goes anyhow...
FABLULOUS!! I also rarely ever buy a CE but took a gamble and did, so very glad I did! The graphics are unbelievably awesome, the game play is so much along the same vein as all the Dream Chronicles, Dire Grove and R2R! It is, IMHO, right along the top and next to these number 1 games in my book!
Some of the items are very difficult to find, but that is fine, you will have to go back and forth to each scene, always remember to sweep each location with your cursor to be sure there is nothing you have left out to look at. I played this game 5 times as each time I got to what I thought was the end I would start all over again with a new screen name! I just did not want it to end. I was a tad disappointed at the replay as the hidden objects did not change much at all - and as I said, I re-played it 5 times.
The extra play was very short, just a few puzzles to figure out but even without that it was a most excellent game. You will not be dissapointed if you are a H.O.G. with adventrue mixed in gaming fan!! Happy gaming all!!

posted in Love Chronicles: The Spell on May 17, 10 11:47 AM
I normally read the input on the forums to see how everyone liked it and to find the pro's and con's of the game, also to see if I should demo or just buy. I just bought this one straight out, no demo, and can say I highly regret it! This is more of an adventure game than a hidden object game, though you do have to find things to use in different places and to continue on your jouney. I absolutely DETEST having to find pieces of objects to make it a whole object!!! Some of the pieces are so difficult to find it is beyond frustrating, and could barely make myself sit and play through the game. This was such a waste of a perfectly good $6.99 I could and have kicked myself! Don't buy this game if you don't like having to find pieces of objects, if you don't like running back and forth all over the playing field and if you don't have great eyesight. It has been compared to Retun to Ravenhurst and the Dream Chronicles - NOT, NOT, NOT!!! Sorry game, don't waste your time or money!!!

posted in Deadtime Stories on May 3, 10 11:42 AM
SO-SO. This game is along the lines of Diregrove and Return to Ravenhurst - same finding the hidden objects, going back and forth between scenes, etc. NOT as good as either of them but same concept. If you don't like dark scenes, very well hidden objects (mostly) and timers that take about 2 1/2 mins to fill, this is not your type of game. The game is dark, most of the items are well hidden, you will go back and forth to solve the scenes in the end.
I liked it but would not rave about it as I have seen on the posts. It took me about 4 hours to play (didn't try the demo first, just bought and played), I played and solved all of the mini puzzles, which you can skip, so you will not feel gyped for your money with it anyhow.
I do not see a re-play value here - once you find the items, make the potions, there really is no reason to play it again. The re-play would be mind numbingly boring, but I rarely ever re-play any of the games once done. All in all, so-so, not worth the $6.99 I shelled out for it, but seems to be one of the better games on the market right now, which is sad.

posted in Deadtime Stories on May 2, 10 8:06 PM
I liked this game and found it similar to the Return to Ravenhurst, Dire Grove and that sort of game. If you don't like darker scenes and having to really look for the hidden objects along with going back and forth between scenes alot, this game will not be for you. It took me the better part of 6 hours (I did all the mini games too) to get through it so long enough where you don't feel gyped for your dollar.
The help timer took a long time to refill, but you were able to get out of some of the mini-games, if you so chose. All in all, I liked it, not as good as the Return to Ravenhurst, Dire Grove, Dream Chronicles 1,2 and 3, but pretty good game anyhow. I say "so-so" as the cariage gave too much away in it when you went to it and it asked you where you wanted to go next. Should have just been a list of the places and let us figure it out. Ah, well, it was a fair game. Not sure if I would buy another of this one though.....

posted in Hidden Mysteries: The Fateful Voyage - Titanic on Apr 12, 10 3:10 PM
This was only a two hour game for me and I found it rather annoying rather than enjoyable. There is a man in the hospital who is trapped and the room is on fire but I am going to go and put things right in the kitchen!? Also, the items you stop and look for are totally haphazard - no ryhme or reason to collecting them. The "Bonus" at the end was interesting as it told some of the mistakes that were made with teh Titanic. I find it a little unnerving the world is still making money off of this tragedy to this day. The graphics were very nice but overall I wish I had never wasted a credit on this game!

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors on Apr 11, 10 11:08 PM
Oh, and I totally agree with lushknight - cleaning the mirrors was totally cheezy!! Hated that part.....

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors on Apr 11, 10 11:06 PM
I truly like this game! I think it is one of the better ones put out since Dire Grove came out, though it is no where as good as that one! It is long enough to make you happy with your money well spent, graphics are good, story line is even good enough to read along with, the items to be found are not too difficult, puzzles to figure out what to do next don't leave you scratching your head (or any other body parts, LOL), just a general all around good game. Only thing that bothered me with it is as you were getting to the end of the story, it hurried up, seemed like they ran out of idea's and story line and just wanted to get you out of there in a hurry. I think the sequel will be great if they stop and think out the ending a little bit better - don't push us out right when we are totally into the game!!

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose on Apr 10, 10 12:00 PM
I did like the graphics nd even the music trak was not toooo bad. However, I thought the game far too easy and there is an 'inspect' bar you can click on to see what areas you had to inspect to go forward. I only tried that twice until it dawned on me that it would give away the game. Some of the items were a tad hard to find but nothing that would make you throw your hands up in despair! I thought it was much too short a game - at least for me it was.
All in all - way too easy, only spent an hour and 15 mins after the trial was over, so way too short for my money. Maybe the sequel will take out the annoying 'inspect' bar and be a little longer? Sequel (The Prince Frog?) has potential.....

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator