Posts created by globetrotter217

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 22, 18 10:33 AM
Xena, gd is definitely all about patience! One thing to spend money on is the life lifter that increases your lives from 3 to 5. And then it is just a question of patience not to spend too much on boosts and more moves or time in tier1, not to buy extra lives and play some levels again and again. Don't spend on helping hands, but ship. Don't buy hh's for green gems, but play f.i. Rome 87 or Istanbul 105-1 for resources and drill. If you don't like to play that way, then may be gd is not for you.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 21, 18 2:02 PM
As you can tell, I am not a native speaker. I came to this forum because the ones in european languages were ****. I still wonder how you manage to subscribe when you speak and write a foreign language onky, especially one with different characters. Google translate can't be very helpful.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 21, 18 11:09 AM
Many (if not all) communications by bf in other languages than english have not been supported for ages. The german page still features Delhi as the latest city and the french/japanese/german/english one is at Rio.

Anyway, why should bf post here in other languages than english? Who joins a forum in a language that they don't understand?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 20, 18 10:21 AM
Yes, I found it, Clive. You have to search for topix + gummy drop and you'll get there, Lambina. It seems a rather lame forum, I couldn't find a post from 2018 and most questions didn't get answered, probably for lack of participants. It could do with a couple of lively seniors !

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 19, 18 1:23 AM
Allnamesinuse, see page one of this thread where diamonddoll has posted the rewards. They vary, I got more coins and probably less valuable boosts, the same number though.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 18, 18 7:27 AM
Hi Ramondabe, thank you for that suggestion. I have been a member of a yahoo group and it worked fine . I did it like you, got myself a yahoo address just for the group. I don't remember anything negative about it either. Since this would be mainly a chat group, I would be prepared to be a mod, providing there would be at least 3 preferably 4 others and that we can agree on clear moderation guidelines. I am not totally IT-blond, but one of the mods should really be IT savvy.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 6:40 AM
I am devastated. This forum played such an important role for me to stick to gd and now that I have reached the end reading and sometimes writing here is often the major part of the fun. I really don't know how long I'll stay with it after april 30th...

I don't think we can sway bf's mind. I suspect that this is why they made the hard cities easier, as without the real time support of this forum (too) many would give up.

A fb page cannot be split into threads and has no search option and is therefore no alternative, even if all seniors could be convinced to join.

We'll have to make the most of it over the coming weeks

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 14, 18 1:12 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 9, 18 11:08 PM
I couldn't have known about all these childhood bambi traumas , nor can I follow... I love all kinds of animal films. Disney, the older serials like 'Daktari' with Clarence the cross-eyed lion and new ones like 'Kedi' about the cats in Istanbul. The saddest moment in animal films for me is when the old dog dies in 'The Incredible Journey' and the siamese cat and the younger one get home without him .

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 9, 18 12:47 PM
That's right! By the way, the treasure chest system that yields you are referring to is for mobile players. The system where you had to pay for most of them, is the former one for mobile devices that was never changed for pc. And the decrease in resource requirements was asked for, although I still feel it is unfair to those who have passed those cities and who not only had to pay full price, but now see the missions for coins and greenies that they wanted to do at a later stage changed into pinks (LA and Seoul).

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 9, 18 12:14 PM
Sure some, may be many, if the changes are no improvement. But some are, I love the way Sydney was streamlined and I don't have to empty so many marts. The treasure chests are unimaginative, but as I always forgot about them before, st least now it saves on shipping. (By the time I have finished WP, I won't have much shipping to do to grt through Buenos Aires).

And wouldn't it be boring if everything stayed the same, I like change, it spices it up. Even if only to complain about it

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 9, 18 11:41 AM
This seems to be one of those annoying cities where the tiers get easier instead of harder. I beavered through tier 1, got through tier 2 and am now happily working on tier 3. Some of the timed levels need extra time, but the rest are really doable.

Of course opinions on what is fun differ, I like this chocolate chasing without having to get all the tiles. And I like the misdirection, all these chains and ice that you don't really need to break. But I don't mind using the boosts I get.

My beef is a totally different one. I hate the design, this is what Africa will look like when the poachers are done with the wildlife . Why not put in some animals, preferably to be animated???

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 7, 18 2:27 AM
memepat wrote:I have a question: I’ve been playing GD for about a year and a half and have yet to figure out what the attraction is with special event locations. You can rack up bricks or other commodities, but you can’t ship them out. Am I missing something? Full disclosure, I have yet to complete a SE location. Is there a humongous payout for completion?

Mostly the rewards for completing tier 3 and 100% are generous, especially as for 100% there are no expensive resource marts and a shipping port to build and upgrade. It is not so much about commodities as jules said, but if the city is an easy one there are quite a lot of coins (and boosts) to be earned.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 5, 18 5:51 PM
bowiecowgirl wrote:I see that resources required for monuments from Berlin to St. Petersburg have been lowered. I think they also lowered the resources that can be earned, which is logical. However, I planned to go back to those cities and complete some missions that I had left behind. For example, my notes say one mission in Shanghai gave 50 greens but now it is 20 greens. My notes could be wrong but I expect they adjusted this. So I am going back to Mexico City through Athens to complete the green missions before they reduce those cities also. They yield 30 to 65 greens per mission. I will be rich in greens.

I thought I was going mad... The mission I had not done with the rewards in coins and the one with the green gems in LA got swapped with pinks, but even worse the one with 45 greenies in Seoul. Thank you GD for nothing! those who stuck with you are now punished for their determination.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 3, 18 1:20 PM
I love this thread and the info on what's happening in the world that never gets into a paper (or that I missed out on). I didn't know that marihuana had been legalized in some states of the USA, vinyl hasn't yet made such a come back in continental Europe as it seems to have done in Australia (here there are aficionados but they are more in our age bracket) and kindle is not as widespread as in english speaking countries.

Having said that, I must admit that my husband and I are philistines... We have sold our LPs and most of our cds and enjoy the variety and uncomplicated handling of the playlists in Spotify. We got ourselves kindles and never looked back. You can read any book no matter its weight in bed, at all times without disturbing your partner's sleep, the lightis always good and the letters never too small. It is a lot cheaper and doesn't take up space and catch dust. Our library is slimming and our aim is to get rid of it before over the next 3 years (of course with the exception of some favorites). I just love these innovations!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 3, 18 12:42 PM
Yes, Rio is terrible and 75-3 tier 2 is definitely the absolute pits! I just tried twice and even getting lucky with a to clear the tinfoil I didn't come close. I think this is a double boost one (combo + ) and then one ore two extra moves.

What I don't understand Cliff, is why this is so important to you. The reward for completing tier 2 is generally low, so why do it? And if it is really that important, then you'll just have to spend some precious coins .

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 31, 18 2:03 PM
No missions for coins and greenies..., difficult tier 1 levels and very tight timed ones. Definitely not my favorite city!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 29, 18 1:54 PM
snowmanvt wrote:Buenos Aires has some difficult looking levels, but when you figure out the puzzle, they are not too hard. As Kelvin said above, many of the levels with the chocolate squares show tiles that appear to be required to clear, but that is not necessary to pass the level. I don't know why that is, unless they give you a clue as to where you need to clear to find the chocolate. Anyway, it is always useful to check what is needed on any level.

There's lots of misdirection in BA apart from the tiles that don't need to be cleared, like the frozen color blockers that have no function at all in 35, but with all this and double chains, ice, sand and what not, some levels are pretty confusing. Others really need patience and luck and some, like 37, the extra time from the marathon. It is definitely not a city that I would consider for 100%!

I wonder if the devs will change the bunnies on the chocolate into lamas or condors after Easter...

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 29, 18 1:20 AM
Well jules, you got your wish, there's another marathon on now. Have a wonderful weekend!

I am not too happy with Buenos Aires, the marathon will help, I can put the boosts to good use immediately .

The comjng cities sound intriguing. Kyoto is Japan's most beautiful city as it escaped the destruction of WWII. I am curious to see what they made of it.
Wild Plains sounds good too, howling wolves, galloping buffalo and block huts with camp fires..., or so I imagine

posted in Gummy Drop! on Mar 27, 18 10:38 PM
Clive, that makes perfect sense and it is what I did. However, now that I have got to the last city and started spending my hoard of coins, I find that in those later cities where shipping is much cheaper some of the hh animate or decorate monuments (Lima, Milan).

BUENOS AIRES- looks like our Easter present has quite some interesting surprises!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator