Posts created by divaprods

[Removed by Moderator]

Unlike most reviewers on here, I liked this game. More HOS than puzzles +
Not scary +
A fairy tale+
I didn't even mind the FROGS, altho not my favorite.

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 18 9:26 AM
jennsmom wrote:Because I am a Nevertales fan, I will demo this game, but I played the Beta twice (second time after it had a name change) and was completely unimpressed. I thought the story line was boring and the game play, disjointed, and I saw nothing that reminded me of Tale World at all. Perhaps it has gone through more changes since the Beta, and for that reason I will try the demo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....although it will be more difficult to play that way.

LOL

posted in Brain Puzzle on Mar 9, 18 11:02 AM
tejasgal wrote:I love puzzles and thought this might be a fun game but unfortunately, for me, it is not.
It's timed!! and no option. The second puzzle is a difficult maze puzzle and you get 2 minutes to solve or it's a bust and you have to play again.
No way to enter a profile so kind of a one off I guess.

Not my idea of fun. How can I improve my brain when it's all about fast reflexes NOT thoughtful strategy.

Not for me, but try it if you like that kind of challenge.
Happy Gaming!

I agree, there has to be an option to play timed or not or I won't buy it.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 18 11:00 AM
nanafraser wrote:
Majestyx12 wrote:
nanafraser wrote:So far its not as creepy as the title sounds. A little worried it'll get creeper & I'm not into that! But the coupon worked "PLAY"
But my goodness the mini games theirs so many

PLAY doesn't work any more.

Yep I think theirs more mini games then HO scenes

I'm not buying it or even trying it, I want the devs to get the message that HOG games are not puzzle games. A few thrown in here and there are ok, but the majority should be HO.,

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors on Mar 7, 18 12:34 PM
dramajunkie wrote:Thanks to LogieBaby! I used a pc that expires today. I would have lost it if she hadn't said she used one to buy the latest FM. I am buying this un-demoed because I like the play better than any other griddler.

I always buy these without demoing them but after playing it for awhile I'm thrilled they thought of something new and different and it's so much fun.

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 18 11:28 AM
Thanks Pennmom, that is why he is called Vlad the Impaler. I like your reference to "they knew what was at stake" LOL. BTW my family, who are Romanian, claim him as their ancestor also.

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 18 11:26 AM
pennmom36 wrote:

This is the exact storyline Vermillion Watch needs to adhere to, the Jekyll & Hyde, Jack the Ripper, Burke & Hare, Eleanor Pearcey, Dr. Thomas Neill Cream, Dr. William Palmer, Mary Ann Cotton kind of legendary serial killers of 19th century London, NOT the Wizard of Oz american scenario! The streets of London were brutal in Victorian London, it doesn't mean the game has to be brutal, but Dracula sure makes for an interesting subject now doesn't it!

Because this edition of Vermillion Watch is about the legendary Dracula, I thought I'd share the story about how Dracula's reputation came to be:

The original Dracula (Vlad III) spent most of his life in a Turkish prison. Upon his release, he learned that his father was betrayed by his people, who buried him alive!  Because Vlad didn't know for certain, exactly who was involved, he invited all of the Hungarian Troops to his castle for a feast. After the feast, instead of serving desert, Vlad ordered his soldiers to serve them death, impaling about 500 noblemen. This tradition continued numerous times, so often that eventually everyone knew what was at "stake" yet the invitation was always accepted, because either way, was a death sentence.  

Vlad and his father before him were members of a secret society called the Order of the Dragon, this inspired his father to change his name to Dracul, which means Dragon in Romanian. Following in his father's footsteps, Vlad changed his own name to Dracula, or Son of the Dragon. Dracula, didn't sink vampire teeth into his victims to drain them, he did however dip his bread!

Dracula was defeated, and killed by the evading Turks, when his troops ironically defected to the opposing army. So "Dracula" really did exist, but nobody knows what happened to him after he died! Some say his body disappeared from the cemetery, some say his body was never there.....Vermillion Watch says he has returned................

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 2, 18 2:29 PM
pennmom36 wrote:just a head's up, I know a lot of you guys hate puzzle heavy HOP light games, and this one definitely falls into that category!

Thanks for the info, I won't even be trying this game, even w/the sale.

posted in Grim Tales: The Time Traveler on Feb 24, 18 8:05 AM
cathybobcat wrote:A short demo...and from looking at the walkthrough, this appears to be a short game. Graphics are decent and story interesting, but that's about it. I would like to know where the story is going to go, but do not think I want to go through everything you have to do to get there. Many uninteresting tasks to perform with too much going back and forth. One of my favorite tasks was retrieving a key from a pot of boiling water with a golf club. Have you ever heard of that? It was quite creative. And how many locked doors can you have in a game before players get tired of it? What does all this have to do with the story? Nothing.

The few hos I came across were ok, but you can pretty much breeze right through them....not like some of the puzzles, which outnumber the hos (as usual) and is one big reason I will not be buying this game.

I agree, I play HOGs for the HOS not the puzzles or mini games. Devs, get a clue!!

pennmom36 wrote:
I love that this game takes place in modern times, although it started out in Medieval Times, I'm hoping it stays that way to the end. I also love the abundance of Mini Games and Puzzles offered, they aren't complicated puzzles, but I found them to be fun. If you don't like HOPA games that are heavy on puzzles, you probably won't like this game, but if you're a puzzle geek like me, you'll be doing your happy dance

Looks like I won't be buying this one. I play HOPS games for the HO, not the puzzles.

nanafraser wrote:As I said Id come back & share more after I played a while! Theirs a twist in the game that's surprising. I'm glad I purchased it! Seems to get better w/ time! I'm enjoying it!
If your not sure, wait for SE! Haven't gotten to the bonus chapter so cant tell if CE worth it yet!

This is the brighter game I have been waiting for. I'm also glad I purchased it.

MoreOver wrote:This would have been right up my alley. Love dragons and fantasy games. BUT ... one reviewer stated that there are twice as many puzzles as there are HOS. I happen to like HO games, not puzzle games. So this looks like a pass for me.

Are any developers planning on bringing back hidden object games? I know this is saving me quite a ton of money but I need something to do and this isn't working for me.

I agree, I love HOS and usually skip the puzzles and/or mini games. I play HOGs for the HOS

posted in Christmas Wonderland 8 on Dec 18, 17 11:21 AM
FINALLY!!

nanafraser wrote:Im not a big Epix fan! But I realize they have there own kinda style.The animation. color, technology is always good! Some of what your gonna do next is a little confusing, but you got the hint, which I used a lot.This has enough fantasy for me! I purchased & enjoyed the prior "Saga of the Nine! It was somewhat enjoyable,, so far this one seems better! So Yay! haven't purchased a game in a while cause I don't like the creepy spooky ones! The sale makes it nice. So give it a try! its may be your game for this weekend!

I too am sick of the spooky ones and haven't bought for a while. Do you need to play the first one to enjoy this one?

nanafraser wrote:So another creepy game! & Epix to boot! What am I complaining about we had
"Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest" one outa tons of a creepy games! Everyone's comments on "Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest" was positive. Theirs lots of fish who like the fairytale kinda games! I'm not asking for all of the games to be that way, maybe 50/50 or even less! throw this dog a bone! So if you wanna put me down for my dislikes or likes! Bring it! I have my right to not like a game! & as Ive said before its bullying if fish do! & against BFs rules on forums!
W/ that said colors are good on game HOs are OK, technical aspect, is so so! I cant say too much positive <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page>[Removed by Moderator]</a> & great for you if you like this type of game!

Completely agree with this post. I haven't bought a HO game in a while.

nanafraser wrote:Everything about the game is great! Color, animation, technical aspect.
One thing I just cant handle & this its the direction games are going in! Death, monsters, ghosts! Isn't there enough death in the world & strange things happening.
I'm sorry if this offends people but this is just my opinion. Ive seen other fish say same. BF can only release what Devs give out! But Devs please just throw in a little lighter game once in a while!
Completely agree. I'll bet that most of BFG customers are not teenage boys. I'm not, and I'm tired of the dark games and won't be buying any.

posted in World's Greatest Cities Mosaics 2 on Oct 21, 17 1:38 PM
What a GREAT game. I didn't want to stop playing. I'm a big "penguin mosaics" fan but this is more fun.

posted in Nonograms: Malcolm and the Magnificent Pie on Oct 18, 17 10:57 AM
Daxadillion wrote:It Might Be Just Me, But...

In my opinion this is possibly the worst nonogram I have ever played.

The description of the game does not say "based on logic" which is not a good sign.

The game play is confusing as all the colours are shown at once on the top and left side of the screen.

The first levels have 3 colours and you are allowed 3 mistakes in each one, and I used them all up quite quickly.

I became so frustrated with it I deleted the game and am going to play one of my Penguin games instead!

posted in Mystery Tales: Dangerous Desires Collector's Edition on Oct 14, 17 9:56 AM
After reading the reviews I won't even try the trial because I too am tired of all the evil. Pay attention BFG, ENOUGH.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator