Posts created by Woofie53

belamba wrote:.
I've never owned an hourglass, nor do I know anyone who has...so they drive me nuts when they pop up in 99.5% of all HOG scenes )
I'm looking forwards to the D/L finishing and seeing how the game unfolds.

Snipped

I remember having an hour glass. They were popular in the 60's 70's, maybe even sooner, for timing eggs when you boiled them. Ours was a 3 minute timer. When boiling eggs it was 3 minutes for soft boiled eggs and for hard boiled eggs, you turned the timer over and let it go for another 3 minutes. They were also used in some games. This was long before computers or video games.

I don't think the game is worth the CE price. It's a nice game. The graphics are sharp and clear and the voices are nice. I love hearing people with accents talk. What irritated me was the Diary (is that what it's called?) There was always little question marks around it even if you opened the diary to see what was entered. The question marks never disappeared

I couldn't get the strategy guide to open, so I thought it was locked until you bought the game. But the hints were pretty good. I think I will wait until the SE comes out or if there's another CE sale before then. I just don't think it's worth the price.

Have a great evening/night

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Revenge of the Terracotta Warriors on Dec 24, 11 6:50 AM
Thanks Micha!! I went ahead and bought the game. I used up my hour demo just trying to figure that out!! LOL

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Revenge of the Terracotta Warriors on Dec 24, 11 5:48 AM
Hi everyone!!

Where is the skip button on the first minigame where you move the button around? I can't find it. All I get is the Hint and Reset buttons. I am really stuck on that puzzle!!

Happy Holidays!!

TIA

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Dec 21, 11 9:44 AM
MIRNI wrote:I have the same problem. How do I install DirectX?????

Just go to [removed by moderator] On the left side of the page, you'll see the different versions of it. Get DirectX 11. Once you download it, click on the installer and it will install itself. I had to get the new version when I installed another game that requires it last week or maybe 2 weeks ago. I didn't have to do anything. The "game" installed it. You have to agree to the license. It's just a legal thing they have to do. The rest of the install was done by the game. Up until the update, I didn't have to have it installed. The game installer needed it. I didn't have to have it for this game. In fact they didn't ask me if I wanted it because mine is up to date.

The developers of games aren't going to create a game that will require something that will harm your computer or require a file you don't need. They can get in trouble for it.

If you have any problems, just come back here. Someone will be able to help you.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Dec 21, 11 6:46 AM
vicalana wrote:
endofmonth wrote:YES, get this game as an SE. I bought the CE and was very glad to get the game earlier because of it. However, the CE-only stuff did not add anything to the story, just gave a little more busy work to do along the way and a bit more at the end -- you won't miss it. I wish there had been a CE bonus chapter, but no. So the SE, containing the entire story, is a great value. Go for it!

P.S. And Big Fish has posted a blog walkthrough for the SE game, so no need for the CE strategy guide.

Totally agree. Mind you, not sure about replay value - don't think I can face going through it again

Thank you for your posts. I am debating on whether to get the CE or SE. The SG in the CE isn't a big help.

This is based on the demo. For some reason, this game isn't grabbing me as much as the other MCF games did. Some of the morphing objects are hard to spot. Especially when you have to look for several at a time and don't know what you're looking for. It gets hard on the eyes They are hard to find in the scenes that have backgrounds that are different shades of grey. It's hard to know what to do next since there is no direction in the game The Hints only work in the morphing scenes.

I was hoping this was going to be as good as the other MCF games. There were a lot of expectations of this game and I don't think it lived up to them. I think I'll wait and see if there is going to be a sale this weekend. Maybe then I'll buy it, but right now I don't plan to. I am still debating.

posted in Exorcist 2 on Dec 19, 11 10:41 AM
Sheerija wrote:
It was a bit short. I felt lacked originality too because I knew, and I'm sure everyone sussed it, ****************, right from the start.

But it wasn't bad for a SE.

(removed by moderator)

posted in Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story Collector's Edition on Dec 8, 11 3:57 AM
Love, if you have to uninstall it, reboot your computer before you download it again. Then reinstall. That's what has helped me in the past. Rebooting the computer gets anything that might have been left behind when you uninstalled it.

posted in Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres on Dec 2, 11 5:27 AM
Hi Nagster That has happened to me before. Try rebooting the computer. You can also uninstall the game and download the game again. Install it but before you play the demo, reboot your computer. See if that helps. If not contact CS.

posted in Family Vacation California on Oct 25, 11 1:52 AM
sinshack wrote:You"re not kidding, Dobbie! And since I'm having computer issues (it's overheating - they are replacing the fan, hopefully soon) I have to stay up and wait for the DL to complete so I can shut off the computer - I don't want it to start a fire!

I sure hope the long DL is worth it!

When my computers fan was going out, I used a small fan and put it on top of the tower case and pointed it down so that it blew down on the back of the tower case. It helped keep it cooler.

posted in Secret Diaries: Florence Ashford on Oct 19, 11 3:55 PM
Not a bad game for the DD price. And as others have said, it's for a good cause. Especially since I am female and had a scare a couple of months ago but it turned out to be nothing.

The graphics are okay and so was the music. This is a nice leisurely game. It nice to have a leisurely game every now and then after playing more challenging games. It's a buy for me.

posted in Tamara the 13th on Oct 7, 11 9:09 PM
This isn't a bad game at the DD price. The graphics are pretty nice. I have a 22 inch monitor and didn't have too much of a problem finding the objects. I play slower than a lot of people so from looking at the Walkthrough, it looks to be a fairly long game for me. As others have pointed out, it's for a good cause, so I'll buy it. It beats going to the store and donating at the checkout for a worthy cause. Much cheaper this way.

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 4, 11 11:04 AM
I am getting a lot of glare and flashing in the game. In one place I was in it flashed and then the whole thing glared. I couldn't see anything.

Is anyone else having that problem.?

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 17, 11 10:56 PM
I am not able to play the game wither. It loads just fine, But when I click on Play the screen goes black and after several seconds I get that error message. and it goes to the desktop. I hope this gets fixed soon because it looks like a fun game just by the screenshots.

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 11 12:45 PM
tinygranny wrote:I downloaded this game and it told me my free trial was over before I even got to try it. Anyone know what to do about this. I don't want to buy this without at least trying a little of it.

Try uninstalling the game. Then reboot your computer and redownload it and install it again. In the past a few people have said they did that and they had the demo time.

Good luck

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 11 12:42 PM
I cannot get to the refrigerator handle. It's under the cat but I can't get the cat to leave. I found the bullets and loaded the gun. Once the gun is loaded the cat is supposed to leave but it isn't. I am stuck and can't go any further in the game. I am not going to buy the game if this is some kind of glitch. My demo is over so I can't even try anything else.

Now I don't know what to do. According to some of the reviews the game isn't worth the CE price. I might have to wait until the SE comes out huh?

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 11 4:30 AM
Poutoule wrote:Woofie, I've posted you a SPOILER in the CROC, anyway,

SPOILER :

Load the gun which is in the safe with the bullets and the cat will leave the sofa...

Thanks!! I answered in there. lol

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 11 4:07 AM
crawle1960 wrote:You have to find the bullets on the table in the next room and load the gun. The cat gets up then and you get the handle.

OK thanks!!

ETA

I must be doing something wrong. I got the bullets and the badge but the cat won't leave. My demo is over anyway. I am not sure I want to buy the game. It's a great game, but it's not grabbing me like some of the other games have

Thanks again

posted in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 11 3:42 AM
Where do I find the refrigerator handle? When I clicked on the hint it "pointed" towards the cat, but I don't see the handle I looked in the SG and it circled the handle which is right by the cat. If I click too close to the cat, then the man says he is going to fix something for the cat Did I miss something somewhere?

Thanks!!

posted in Unexpected Journey on Sep 12, 11 9:20 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:well done woofie - my brain went into freeze & just could not remember where the little fella was

Thanks. My brain did too, lol ,so I started the game over after purchasing it. I always do because during the demo, I I skip some of the dialogue, use hints and if necessary skip puzzles just to get further in the game to see how it is and to see if I want to buy it. Once I buy it I start over and don't skip the dialogue, I don't use the hints unless I am really stuck. The same with the mini-puzzles

Luckily the mouse is at the very beginning of the game.

posted in Unexpected Journey on Sep 12, 11 8:18 AM
It's small and in front of the brown backpack that's on the floor. Hope you find it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator