Posts created by Micha1234

posted in Simajo: The Travel Mystery Game on Oct 3, 10 12:42 PM
I lasted exactly 2 minutes. When I clicked on play now the game tried to start then I got the flickering screen the a critical error message something about direct X. After clicking ok on that window strangely the game started. So I thought ok... let's try it anyway. I played in chain mode - whatever that's supposed to be. The dialog scenes work fine. After starting the first find the difference scene anytime I clicked on something I got the flickering screen again - which gets rather annoying after a bit - though strangely the sound work just fine.
So 2 minutes of game play and it got canned.

posted in Time Mysteries: Inheritance on Oct 3, 10 12:16 PM
kdubs wrote:
Micha1234 wrote:

@ kdubs what do you mean self control......I managed to fill up 6 cards...... so you're not doing bad at all. Big fish had that darned sale........and I went to town....

You go Micha1234! For me, 3 punchcards and I gave myself an intervention of sorts LOL. So ok, I'll just put this game on the BUY LIST for at least a week or so. We'll probably be hearing the word SALE for Halloween, right? I feel intervention part 2 coming. ....

Game on fishies!

Edit for typo

another sale?!?!? gawd.....I promised myself I'd be good this month....yeah right rofl

posted in Time Mysteries: Inheritance on Oct 2, 10 4:22 PM
Ok, now that I actually played it, It's an ok game but that's it for me. I can't say a word about the sound, had that off. I wish the graphics for the hog scenes were a bit sharper, sometimes it was really hard to find the items needed. I didn't mind the match 3 games, I play those sometimes when I'm bored. The story wasn't bad as far as I got but somehow that game is just lukewarm for me.
So no buy here.

posted in Time Mysteries: Inheritance on Oct 2, 10 2:10 PM
kdubs wrote:Tried part of the trial about 1:30 A.M. and came away lukewarm. After some sleep, came to read the reviews, played a bit more of the trial -- ok better. The graphics are good, so far music is era-appropriate.

One thing I really miss is voices, at least in the intro. Then once I've heard the characters, I can read the subsequent text sort of "in the characters' voices".

Anyway, it is probably a buy for me, but not until at least mid-month. Last month I went crazy and filled 3 cards, so I need to show some S-e-l-f C-o-n-t-r-o-l.

@ kdubs what do you mean self control......I managed to fill up 6 cards...... so you're not doing bad at all. Big fish had that darned sale........and I went to town....

posted in Finding Hope on Sep 30, 10 8:39 AM
I liked this game. Probably not enough to buy it but it was nicely made. Liked the music, too; turned the sound for finding the items off though.
It's a typical story for that time. Talk to your grandmothers and great-grandmothers.
That's the way it was millions of times over.
I don't get what's supposed to be sexist about the story either, you can't look at it from 2010. That's simply the way roles were back then for men and women. Granted, maybe I have a different view of this story because I've read a lot about that time.
The graphics were really nice, too. I liked the fact that the developers tried to use era appropriate items to find.
So all together it's a nice game.

posted in King Arthur on Sep 28, 10 11:13 AM
Graphics are really nice, they put a ton of effort into those, sound is good, too. Merlin needs a different job, he's too slow for this one. Game is way too easy. No buy.

posted in King Arthur on Sep 26, 10 1:03 PM
Four20, I was wondering, too, where the regular forum link is.

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 24, 10 6:41 AM
espozito wrote:
Sonseeahray27 wrote:That would be nice. I enjoyed the game and would like to know how all this began on the island. Also there was no explanation for the dragon cult and what happened to Angel after she attacked him.
Thank you for the answer.

Well, i think this answers we will get in the sequel. Btw, I really hope it's coming as I was intrigued by that album with Twisted Lands - Insomnia

LOL

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 24, 10 6:21 AM
espozito wrote:
Micha1234 wrote:First of...it worked - which is always a plus.
I liked the game, the graphics are really good, I had the sounds turned low so didn't hear much of that. But I think I wouldn't have payed much attention anyway - was too engrossed in the game - another plus.
The story so far was interesting, too - plus.
The instructions so far have been easy to follow and the object scenes aren't that hard either. Another plus.
BUT I honestly found it a bit too much hand holding. And that's really not good. On most games I make a lot of use of the walk through and the hints (sometimes low on patience, other times just tired or plain lazy....). Not a plus.
Right now I'm asking myself if it is actually worth the price of a CE if I almost get coached through the game. How would having the strategy guide benefit me?
Or is just the beginning of the game made deceptively easy?
Anyway, thanks to Alawar for another good game, but I'll have to think about if I'm gonna buy the CE or wait for te regular version. I still have a couple of days left till the end of the month.[/qu

It's not the first time I see such opinion and frankly it is confusing for me. CE is not all about SG, guys!!!! You can always get walkthough at the forum or gamezebo. You get a new whole chapter - now that's important! And you don't have to wait for the game 2 weeks!

My first response

I really don't care if a game is a CE or not. If I like it I buy it.
The main problem I have with this game as far as I went in the demo is that (even) for me it was a bit too easy. THAT'S what makes me hesitate to buy it.
Can anyone tell me if the game gets more difficult?
The waiting won't bother me either...I just bought the mother load of games .
Now you mentioning a whole new chapter IS another enticement to buy .

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 23, 10 8:50 PM
First of...it worked - which is always a plus.
I liked the game, the graphics are really good, I had the sounds turned low so didn't hear much of that. But I think I wouldn't have payed much attention anyway - was too engrossed in the game - another plus.
The story so far was interesting, too - plus.
The instructions so far have been easy to follow and the object scenes aren't that hard either. Another plus.
BUT I honestly found it a bit too much hand holding. And that's really not good. On most games I make a lot of use of the walk through and the hints (sometimes low on patience, other times just tired or plain lazy....). Not a plus.
Right now I'm asking myself if it is actually worth the price of a CE if I almost get coached through the game. How would having the strategy guide benefit me?
Or is just the beginning of the game made deceptively easy?
Anyway, thanks to Alawar for another good game, but I'll have to think about if I'm gonna buy the CE or wait for te regular version. I still have a couple of days left till the end of the month.

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 23, 10 12:20 PM
IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!!!!
After seeing a new update today I downloaded the game again....don't know how many times I've tried before. I have to admit I didn't really expect much after the first fix, I just kept crashing after the big fish screen.
And voila.....IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! without any problems for me. It saved the game properly, too.
So huge BFG!!!!!! Thanks a bunch

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 23, 10 8:50 AM
rjsmith53 wrote:I am not a Beta tester therefore, since this is a defective product, I have requested a refund. I've started over twice and uninstalled/reinstalled twice and still have the same problem. NO MORE, If anything, big fish owes me for the time invested in doing their troubleshooting. If I do not receive satisfaction, there will be one less club member.

1. Big fish is just the RETAILER. If you feel that wronged about a computer game you ought to take your complaint to the horse's mouth which is the DEVELOPER.

2. Had you bought that game for example at walmart or target you wouldn't get any refund at all since you opened the package.

3. There is only so much big fish can do. I certainly wouldn't want their job.

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 23, 10 8:12 AM
Cherlyn2 wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:1) There is nothing to stop anyone from getting in touch with CS via the green envelope and requesting a refund.
2) No-one will need to pay again for a new version. It will appear automatically as an update in your game manager when it is released.
3) This is NOT a BFG game. It is the developer's responsibility to test it, not BFG's.

Amen

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 23, 10 7:04 AM
geez ... This one looks really good .....and I just went shopping yesterday....will have to give it a try.....BUT it would help me to fill another punch card

posted in Escape the Lost Kingdom on Sep 22, 10 1:31 PM
ha ha...that happened to me, too. I didn't even notice....untill it was time to put them on the statues...and from what I read.......I have to start all over again.......lol

posted in Goddess Chronicles on Sep 22, 10 10:14 AM
First of all....YOWZA!!!!!! It actually worked....after all the games we had trouble with lately. So that's already a big plus for me )
The game itself.....I'm a bit torn......it IS a good game. The graphics are really nice, you HAVE to be patient looking for stuff(which is really hard for me), you need to be very meticulous going over the whole scene with your cursor otherwise you'll probably miss something you need. Some of the items are very well hidden.Advancing through the game you earn "powers" i. e. wind, you can also earn extra hints through mini games and by finding marbles in the scene itself.

The thing that bugs me the most so far is any time you click on something wrong you get a warning...it gets on my nerves! So far I haven't managed a "time out" yet

I don't know if that game actually would need a walk through....seriously - if I can play it without - any one can!!!

So I need to do some thinking....especially since has a sale going on today and I already have a list of games I want to purchase.

OK.....went on a shopping spree and bought this one, too.
Finished the game, there are some head scratching mini games toward the end

posted in Hidden Magic on Sep 22, 10 9:13 AM
I really wanted to play this game, it looks interesting. But I can't. After pushing play now my screen went bonkers!?!?!? My only option to get out of it was a hard shut down......I run on windows 7....is it possible some games have compatibility issues with that particular OS?
Sigh....another one for the trash heap....for now....
wow.....I'm a seahorse now......lol

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 22, 10 8:36 AM
I would really like to play this game one day, too. I've tried many times and keep having the same problems.
HOWEVER since BFG keeps working really hard on this problem - and they obviously can't fix it without the developer's help - I'm trying very patiently to sit on my hands and give them the time to get this game in order. They know the game doesn't work and they're working on it. Personally, I really don't know what goes into making, let alone fixing a game, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and am confident that in the end they will get it done.
So please have some patience with those folks at BFG

posted in Escape the Lost Kingdom on Sep 22, 10 7:25 AM
I really liked this game. The graphics were very nice and clear on my pc. It's not too hard, I could figure most stuff out by myself which in some games is hard for me....that lack of patience... I didn't play the characters "in order" according to the walk through but it doesn't seem to make any difference for the game itself.
So this is a buy for me.

Edit:
So...as stated I bought it and went on my merry way only to find out...I overlooked a flail somewhere. And since you can't go back after all the inventories are combined I had to start over again. I also kept missing paper bits....So what I've learned: Make sure it says completed in every scene BeFORE you move on, otherwise you'll have to shlopp back and try to find things and I did a lot of shlopping lol
Altogether I liked the game, just found the ending a bit abrupt and lame. But like some one else earlier wrote maybe there will be one day a sequel. Otherwise that end would seriously stink.

posted in Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus on Sep 19, 10 1:05 PM
Really liked this one. Graphics are good, the music is ok, I never noticed Maia yawning . I like all the mini games, and the object scenes are sometimes quite difficult (maybe because my eyes are tired).
So this one goes on my buy list.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator