Posts created by mara54

posted in Amerzone: Part 1 on Jan 22, 12 7:27 PM
Has anyone received feedback from BFG?

I generally download the trial version and buy the full version if I like the first 10 minutes. For years this method has worked exceptionally well. Unfortunately, my luck ran out & I was blindsided. It never crossed my mind there was only 20 or 30 minutes of game time left.

This is a classic "Let the Buyer Beware" & read the Reviews first. How disappointing!

BFG has never to my knowledge marketed what I feel is a "Preview". If it was a book, it would have been called a "Prologue".

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 10 12:14 AM
Once you solve each puzzle, you need to back out of the map & look around room.

The changing pictures are just for effect - nothing hidden in there.

posted in AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar on Jun 15, 10 4:40 PM
Apparently I'm one of the very few who LOVE this game which is really two games in one. Each location (Lapland & Madagascar) has two parts: a quest to find the "treasure" and playing a strategy game which you must win to advance and finally win the overall game.

The quests were challenging but not impossible although I did resort to checking a walkthrough 2 or 3 times (that pesky lemur, for instance).

Strategy games are usually something I avoid, but once I got the rules down (Madagascar game was tricky),these were fun. There is the added bonus of re-playing both as stand-alone games since different strategies will affect the outcome.

Navigation: If you're not used to it, moving your character while holding down the mouse key can be difficult and cause some dizziness. I grew acclimatized way back when thanks to playing the "Myst" series.

Graphics: Very well done. From experience with graphic-intensive games, I do recommend manually adjusting the display settings until you find what works best for you. As an example, I use the front panel buttons on my monitor to increase the Brightness, Contrast &/or Gamma.

In summary, fans of "Myst" and "Syberia" - check this one out. I highly recommend it.

posted in The Inquisitor on Jun 1, 10 6:57 PM
Do not buy this game. This is simply the worst hidden object game I have ever played and I am a huge HOG fan.

The Inquisitor storyline had great potential but the developer failed to live up to it.

Game play takes you to areas for no reason - you leave the forest at one point to be taken to a room in town only to have to return to the forest where another area opened up for investigation but there's nothing there to accomplish. Even after locating the right area & finding all the objects, there's no point to it. Nothing goes in your inventory and you end up just standing around wondering what the point was & why you're there.

Mini Games: The graphics are so bad that in "Spot the Difference" there's objects that come no where close to resembling what they're supposed to - the comb & scroll at the pond (?) for instance. And the differences in one of the rooms - I still have no idea what 3 of them were, but I randomly clicked until I miraculously found them.

One last note - the game can be quite picky about where you click, so don't question your sleuthing skills, question the game itself.

In summary, I can only assume this game was pushed way too early into the marketplace to cash in on the HOG popularity bandwagon. What a shame. And, kudos to Big Fish for providing a trial download because they saved me $6.99.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 7, 09 6:53 PM
Hi ... I thought there was a walk-thru (I'll double check). Just be careful not to read too far ahead. Sometimes there's too much info & it spoils the fun.

Ok, can't find a walk-thru on this site, sooooooo. It's been a while since I played the game and there's a lot to rememeber - LOL.

Have you read some of the other threads for help? I did a quick search & re-discovered that you won't find the Letter R until you've freed the twins so don't worry about that little bit yet.

I'm going to PM you with some info that may be of help. ok? Good luck! Don't quit!

posted in Fairies on Oct 22, 09 7:43 PM
Nope .. I got thru mine ok. Well, not ok ... it took me forever to finally beat the game, but it wasn't due to any glitches.

I wonder if there's a "sav" file you can copy over to a different directory then reinstall the game? If you can, don't forget to copy the "sav" file back into the directory it belongs.

Good luck.

posted in Mystery of Cleopatra on Oct 20, 09 2:24 PM
Sorry - I'm totally panning this game.

Being a fan of HOG/Puzzles games, it was disappointing to find this one frustrating, not very user friendly & just plain annoying.

Hidden objects - poor artwork on some - 1 piece of paper looked like a chunk of dirt or pottery (perhaps intentional in an effort to make an easy game more difficult?). I prefer better hiding spots than just bad graphics.

Puzzles - easy to medium to solve. Actual mechanics of placing an item is aggravating (scrolls in library). I like solving puzzles not fighting with my mouse.

Journal - Please make it stop sparkling while I'm in the middle of looking for items.

I played a bit of the game last night then, to give it another chance, a bit more today. There's 15 minutes left in the demo that won't get played. I'm done.

posted in Blackwell Unbound on Sep 9, 09 11:47 AM
Did anyone get help with your questions? I'm also having problems but I'm beginning to think it has to do with Vista.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 6, 09 8:32 PM
The BEST game I've found in a long, long time. Finally! An original storyline with superb graphics and a challenging level of play.

I'm very tempted to give it 5 stars except for some minor issues that cropped up:
- time for scenes to load / reload
- a few puzzles were solved before I really knew what I was doing

Otherwise ..... Loved it, loved it, loved it.

& 1/2

posted in Fairies on Jun 7, 09 11:02 AM
Still playing this game & am now stuck on Castle level. The "No More Moves" message has me exiting a lot more often out of sheer frustration.

At the moment, it's a "It or Me" fight to the finish.

posted in The Omega Stone: Riddle of the Sphinx II on Jun 7, 09 10:55 AM
miugie wrote:
bradlyn wrote:Hi I'm having the same problem is there anywhere to get help to start
I've looked a several walkthrough's but none give a clue about where you are left with the grail or the small pyramid puzzle
I've tried going to the tent but nothing happens when i get there so frustrating

Check your Inventory (right click to access, left click on weird bag thing). I think you'll find what you need in there.

Good luck.

posted in The Omega Stone: Riddle of the Sphinx II on Jun 6, 09 10:31 AM
I'm a puzzle/adventure game lover, & enjoyed Riddle of the Sphinx I, but comparing Sphinx II to others (in my opinion) ...

Game/Location Objectives:
Finding & recognizing - frustrating
Solving - hahahahahahaha
Now what & where - had to check walkthru

Video:
Graphics - choppy (have latest graphics card, display, drivers)
Panning in 1st person view - annoying (aka motion sickness)

I love a challenge (Safecracker, Azada) but Sphinx II - not so much. I'll keep at it for a bit (maybe try a travel tablet of some kind - lol)

posted in Fairies on May 18, 09 11:03 PM
Graphics are beautiful but the levels are hard - some are almost impossible. I'm not sure if the game has glitches or not but the higher I get, the more "No More Moves" messages appear.

The game did freeze once, but after restarting, the next 3 games were too easy to believe. Makes me wish the game would freeze again - no such luck.

The score doesn't appear to matter when it comes to filling the scale but I can't tell for sure. It's impossible (for me) to watch the scale's pointer & play at the same time.

Anyone out there playing?

p.s. Wish they'd make a shortcut to replaying a screen

posted in Dream Chronicles ™ 2: The Eternal Maze on May 18, 09 10:29 PM
Love this series! I'm still in the middle of playing & have gotten stuck only once (so far).

Turns out I was on the right track, just not in the exact spot so Thank You for the walkthru!

Without it I'd still be going back & forth between the Tree House & the Herbalist trying to place the "strange symbol".

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator