Posts created by LarkBea

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 30, 18 5:29 AM
While I've always received professional and courteous responses from tech support, most of my solvable technical issues happened because of peer to peer support on these forums. Tech support has only been able to offer a coupon for a free game. While that is much appreciated, I'd rather have assistance that allows me to get past a certain area in a game, or fix a setting that is problematic.

And by that token, thanks to everyone who has offered assistance over the years. I might not post much but I have been a BFG customer since the mid-2000s and seen many changes in that time. Closing Chit-Chat Corner, while upsetting, doesn't have nearly the impact of this decision and I do believe it will ultimately lead to loss of customers/revenue for BFG. That might be the idea, however, with more devs moving focus to game apps.

What is the error code you're getting? There may be ways to troubleshoot depending on what it says.

Hopefully, they will get other jobs within the company.

nanafraser, if you read the messages on this thread, a couple above yours, the $1.00 to keep forums open was a suggestion by some fishies, not BFG. They never even offered it as an option.

Not mcquigan but fairly certain it's for everyone. Nice to know we have an alternative forum where we can keep in touch, discuss the games, ask for and offer help and chit chat (like in the old days).

mcquigan wrote:

I created a "Sream Room" over there, next will be my favorite "Do I Kill Threads"

bwaaahahahahaha!

From the link above:

An important announcement about the Big Fish Games Forums - April 16, 2018

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 16, 18 5:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Over the years, our forums have played a huge role in how we communicate with and receive feedback from you, our players. They have also been an important source for game-play help.

You may be aware that our forums have been fragile for quite some time, and it has been determined that we are unable to sustain them while also maintaining the first-rate customer experience via this and other channels that our players have come to expect.

Beginning April 30 2018, creating new posts and private messaging will be disabled on the Big Fish Games forums.

All existing content will remain and be viewable, ensuring that there is continued access to the wealth of knowledge created and shared by you and our moderation team.

This was an extremely difficult decision to make, and on behalf of the moderation team, we thank you all for your dedication to our community.

bfgMurrumbidgee

nanafraser, where did you see the information about the $1 extra? The announcement I read made no mention of that.

And apparently, after the 30th, no new posts by members so yeah, you won't be able to comment, ask questions, etc. It sounds like the forum, if it will even exist after that time, will be used for announcements.

I just joined a little while ago and it's completely free. I think the money comes into play for games and other features and you earn money by posting not by paying.

Game looks like fun but very sluggish on my computer (Windows 7-32 bit, onboard graphics) even when the custom cursor is disabled. For that reason, won't be purchasing.

Thanks for that and for those who haven't heard, big announcement about the upcoming changes to forums here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1081039.page

Not a huge surprise, actually been expecting this for quite some time based on the seeming unwillingness to deal with the overwhelming amount of spam. Sad for us long time fishies though (anyone remember Chit-Chat Corner?).

And since this thread will probably vanish or be locked soon, getting in my farewells to all who have been so helpful over the years. Thanks.

posted in Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition on Apr 14, 18 4:47 AM
What does the error message say? That's important in trying to track down the cause and any possible fix.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 26: Fairytale Garden on Jan 24, 18 12:37 PM
Also, I had played about 15-20 minutes of the trial. After my computer crashed and I restarted it, the full 60 minutes was showing in Game Manager, as if I had never played the game. I don't know whether or not that's pertinent, but that particular glitch has never occurred before with any problematic game, at least it hasn't for me.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 26: Fairytale Garden on Jan 24, 18 12:30 PM
Thanks for your reply. Everything is up to date, drivers, Flash, DirectX, Windows update. At first glance with Blue Screen View, I didn't see anything in the dump file that typically shows when it's a computer hardware issue and after running the dump file through WinDBG, it points to the game causing the critical error. I ran into this before with another Fantasy Mosaics game (can't remember which one now, but that one caused a massive memory leak causing my computer to slow to a standstill). For whatever reason, the game just doesn't play well with my computer. It might be a one off, it might be permanent but not willing to keep trying only to have the computer keep shutting down risking genuine hardware damage in the process.

Thanks again for replying, I appreciate it.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 26: Fairytale Garden on Jan 24, 18 5:58 AM
Love these games but this is the second one that has given me problems ( I have all of them so 2 out of 26 isn't bad). First time, it was a memory leak. This time, my computer shut down completely after exiting out of the game with a CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION issue. After inspecting the dump file and doing some investigation, it was the game process itself that invoked the error and shutdown and I also suspect it has something to do with how this game parses RAM.
Running Windows 7 Professional.

posted in Beyond the Invisible: Darkness Came on Jan 10, 18 3:14 AM
Game display is fine for me, but everything is jerky and slow. It improved a bit with the custom cursor unchecked in options but still a lot of the spinning hourglass showing up between scenes and even in the same scene between areas to be inspected. As this is something likely related to the game and my computer's specs not getting along, I'll be uninstalling it rather than trying to fight a losing battle. The game looked interesting though.

posted in Emerland Solitaire: Endless Journey on Dec 28, 17 5:22 AM
Thanks, Fred. I do play Midnight Castle and enjoy it as well but it seems there are some points where extended game play (and I'm talking weeks/months) is required to get enough coins to progress beyond certain points. With this game, I didn't feel as "pressured" to buy stuff (yes, I know, that kind of pressure is self inflicted...lol). That may also be why the devs aren't issuing any more updates. It's not a money maker.

posted in Emerland Solitaire: Endless Journey on Dec 26, 17 3:45 AM
Ah well...what a shame. I really enjoyed this game (which should have been the first clue there would be no more updates...if I like something, invariably it is discontinued - LOL). I guess we can still play the ogre for hearts, though.

posted in Christmas Wonderland 8 on Dec 21, 17 3:00 PM
Try uninstalling the one you downloaded, if you haven't already. Reboot your computer, redownload and see if you have a full trial. This has happened to me before on occasion and a fresh download has fixed it. Fingers crossed it works for you.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator