Posts created by momshere

posted in Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones on Mar 23, 13 10:56 AM
Not sure this qualifies as a technical issue so redirect me if it is not:
Fuse puzzle in the garage.

I knew I made a mistake, so I hit the reset. Now the puzzle does not work at all. I cannot connect the fuses. They are not lighting up like they did at first when I started the puzzle. I backed away, tried again, no dice. Went completely out of the garage wandered around for a bit, went back to the fuses, STILL it does not play.

I'm now out of the game, going to go back and try again. But given my propensity for making mistakes, I'm sure I'm going to have to hit "Reset" again. This may be a temporary glitch on my game or my computer, but wanted to open the discussion.

I'm about to go back in and try again, will update when done.

**EDITED:
That did it, going out out of the game and coming back to the puzzle activated it correctly. I didn't have to reset again, so no idea what might have happened if I had.

posted in Timeless: The Lost Castle on Feb 10, 13 12:10 PM
I could swear I tried my boots but that may have been before I had all the orbs and crystals, so maybe that kept it from working. And maybe I didn't because in real life I would never throw good boots. Thanks again.

posted in Timeless: The Lost Castle on Feb 10, 13 11:54 AM
OK I know i'm near the end of the game - I have three orbs, I'm in the crystal room with the color charts on the walls, and there is a window that needs to be broken - it keeps saying I need to throw something through it. Well, I've tried everything in my inventory, went through the castle and checked again, nothing new to pick up. WHAT AM I MISSING?

Thanks in advance.

posted in Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman on May 13, 12 7:58 PM
Same issue as otheres with the skeleton-in-the-hammock HOS. Did the same thing in the CE version, I uninstalled and hoped for the best with the SE only to encounter the same problem. This is one of those times I wish I could post a picture so the developers could see what we're talking about.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on Sep 2, 11 9:25 PM
CalifDreaming wrote:
cajcaj wrote:
Happy_Gardener wrote:I have had the same problem with the same puzzle. However I did not have this problem with the CE. I also was looking forward to the purchase of this game.......oh well!!

Count me as another one - i just played the trial for about 30 mins with no issues until i got to this puzzle on the RIP gravestone. Eventually just froze and nothing works. Even closing out of the game and re-opening.

Same here. I even tried the "Skip" button & the "Reset" button. Could not even use "Escape", had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
This game looked really interesting, too. I certainly hope this gets fixed, I would like to buy it.

Another vote for the "Lock up on the star puzzle". I managed to play it for a while before it locked up, now I've tried everything to get out of it, short of creating a new profile, and I guess that's next.

posted in F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition on Jul 24, 11 4:55 AM
wait - if you use your glove to wipe away the spiderwebs, you HAVE TO START OVER? omg, I already had to start over once because in the first scene it locked up when I got a knob or valve or something, then the item disappeared and was no longer available.

Yeah this is a game fail for me and dang it i just bought it 15 minutes ago.

momshere wrote:
vkacademy wrote:My problem is that the cursor doesn't move right. There is a delay of a second or so from when I move my mouse to when the cursor moves, and it seems to veer wildly around. I was completely unable to play the first game (with the cells/microbes). Anyone else having that issue?

Me too! At first my mouse was working fine, but as soon as I started that first game with the PCI thing, the mouse just veers wildly all over the screen and after that, the mouse continues to do the same thing on any selection screen. I like to have never QUIT the game because there were no keyboard options and the mouse just danced all over. I couldn't even get to the options screen to see if there was a way to turn off the game mouse.

OK yeah, went back in and disabled the custom cursor at the opening screen under settings. The mouse was better after that. Have not played a "microbes" game again yet, so the solution is probably inconclusive.

vkacademy wrote:My problem is that the cursor doesn't move right. There is a delay of a second or so from when I move my mouse to when the cursor moves, and it seems to veer wildly around. I was completely unable to play the first game (with the cells/microbes). Anyone else having that issue?

Me too! At first my mouse was working fine, but as soon as I started that first game with the PCI thing, the mouse just veers wildly all over the screen and after that, the mouse continues to do the same thing on any selection screen. I like to have never QUIT the game because there were no keyboard options and the mouse just danced all over. I couldn't even get to the options screen to see if there was a way to turn off the game mouse.

posted in Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles on Apr 2, 11 4:43 PM
Got almost to the end, ready to make invisble ink and BAM! my pen (quill) is gone. It was there - had to use it once already to get to this point, was there before I started the aspectus painting. it's not like a real life pen that I can forget and leave on the table or something.

Any ideas? Do I just need to scrap and start over?

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 27, 11 12:00 PM
I've already sent a message to tech support, but I thought I'd put in my 2c here - same thing chapter 3, get the last key and it shuts down. As I said in my email, not so much crash (there were no loud noises heralding the error) as just flat out quit. The game just stops and goes to desktop.

But I have sent a Dr Felix and message to tech support, maybe they can find the issue and get us a fix soon. I was really liking this game so far.

posted in The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure on Jan 23, 11 5:52 AM
Uninstalled after 10 minutes due to two words - PIXEL HUNTING

I could SEE the objects, I could click on them but couldn't "pick them up". When I spent nearly half the 10 minutes attempting to pick up first the telephone, then the baseball bat (after I finally got the telephone and was able to move on), I just said forget it. I don't want to have to FIND. JUST. THE. RIGHT. PIXEL. to be able to pick up an object I have found. Like trying to pick hair off a sweater. *shudder*

posted in Twisted: A Haunted Carol on Dec 7, 10 4:05 AM
The game will not open at all for me. I immediately get the pop up error saying "Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices."

I double checked all the minimum requirements on the download page and see nothing unusual - I have Windows XP, 2.4ghz cpu, 1gb ram, DirectX 9.0, and about 100gb left on my hard drive. Way above the minimum.

Is it a sound issue? I'm using the onboard sound, an AC97 chip. The video card is a RADEON X300.

What am I missing?

**edit much later:
Turns out a simple reboot was all I needed. Shut the computer down, went to work, came home, tried the game again, and all was well. I was able to play the rest of the demo before bedtime

posted in Tulula: Legend of a Volcano on Nov 19, 10 4:04 AM
Same here.

I even broke down and went to check the walkthru to make sure I hadn't missed something terribly obvious, but nope, everything is in order. I've done everything exactly the same as on the walkthru, with the exception that I exited the game last night just after the bathyscope (bathyscape? I can't remember now what they call it) episode. Thought I'd come back and finish that scene this morning and I can't. I'm dead in the water (pun intended).

Anyone got any ideas? I'm seriously not wanting to start over. The game is cute and fun but not that fun.

posted in Tulula: Legend of a Volcano on Nov 19, 10 3:58 AM
The whole loading chapter thing...

I have noticed (not just here but this one is THE WORST!) that if the chapter appears to be loading unusally slowly, if I Alt-Tab back to windows (doesn't close the game but it pauses it), then click right back into the game, it's loaded!

Whereas, if I am watching the load, well, let's just say I would probably still be here waiting for Chap 1 to load.

Also having problems removing the Chupacabra, but that's got it's own topic so headed there now to put in my 2cents.

Worth every penny! Truthfully, it was like having 4 games in one: 3 "novellas" and the bonus was as good as the rest, maybe better.

Music was fine - atmospheric without disturbing game play. Characters were NON INTRUSIVE! YAY!! Absolutely no pop-up dialogue with characters having a way unimportant conversation. The puzzles were mid-difficulty - I was tempted to skip a couple of times, but held myself back and managed to get them all on my own, which is very very satisfying. Did not have to go to the strategy guide for help, again very satisfying. The HOG part of the game was occasionally a little dark, but I did not seem to be penalized for hints. The recharge was quick enough to satisfy my impatience, but not so quick that it felt like I had unlimited hints.

I will say I was very impressed with the historical realism, if not accuracy, of the HOG game bits. Sometimes, when I play a HOG that is supposed to be set in a historical era, there are random modern objects in the HOG list - not so with this game. If the list includes a "car" or "umbrella" for instance, the car or umbrella could pretty much be from the era you are supposed to be playing in. And there are no thumb drives or televisions showing up in 1845 or whatever the time line was.

This game kept me happily busy for hours today. Really nice. Multiple thumbs up.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy on Jul 29, 10 7:28 AM
bought the game. played about 30 minutes more before attempting to exit the game. COULD NOT ACCESS MENU. Clicked the menu button several times and never got a response from it. Finally had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to exit it.

posted in Immortal Lovers on Jul 24, 10 8:34 PM
I was annoyed. And bored. The story was between annoying and boring. The mini games - ugh. Not interesting at all. I was ready to uninstall after about 10 minutes, but stuck it out for nearly 40 before I thought, no, just lose the game. Not even worth my time.

Specifically, several scenes were too dark. Also, you could either wait out the story or skip it entirely, there was no "click to move the story along faster". That was irritating. I quickly just skipped the cut scenes entirely after sticking through about three of them - long enough to realize that the story held little interest.

I do not like "find the difference" games, especially when the differences are very obscure.

Several minigames had no clear instructions. Several areas also had no indication of what one was supposed to do / be looking for, and hint was unavailable.

So, not a buy for me. Not even worth a freebie.

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 11, 10 8:51 PM
I really enjoyed this one - the story was a bit different and I like the whole time travel deal. Unusual method right?

The graphics were clear and most objects were easy to find. I used the "easy" and was able to get the shadow of the object needed as sometimes there were two possibilities (i.e., "bat", you mean like baseball bat or the animal? The shadow helped clarify that.) and some terms I wasn't familiar with, like the "spanner". I would never have found that without the shadow.

The logic was quite rational on most of the puzzles if I took the time to read the story line. I did like that. A couple of things didn't make sense to me, but I'm willing to concede that my way of thinking may not be like someone else's.

I had the sound turned off through most of the game, so no comment, other than the volume controls were clear for both music and sound effects.

I did not like the constant "Continue". You can't hurry up the story line, you have to wait for it to read at it's own pace and STILL have to click continue on EVERY. SINGLE. LINE. Irritating. However, it wasn't way too wordy so I just gritted my teeth and went on with it.

The game took me about 3 + hours to play with several interruptions on my part.

posted in Artifacts of the Past: Ancient Mysteries on Jul 10, 10 7:53 AM
Some people are going to love this - objects are easy to find for the most part, music is not distracting mostly, graphics are clear.

However, for some of the same reasons, others will hate it. The graphics are clear but a little cartoon-y, objects are TOO easy to find, and the stories are nonsensical, not engaging at all.

Like some others have mentioned, I was nearly halfway through the second story when the hour ran out. This means it won't be a long enough game for some to be worth buying it. On the other hand, there are some days when an hour-and-a-half game would feel just right (once I get started I just can't quit - and the laundry does not do itself).

I'm kinda on the fence on whether I like it or not. I may buy this for when I'm in the mood for a quickplay or something easy for the grandchildren to play. On the other hand, I may wait until I have a credit to "buy" it.

It's really not on the level of some of the more complex IHOGs, but it fills a niche I guess.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 2:12 PM
You have to roll it around until all the "buttons" are pushed before the ball will fall into the hole. I don't know if that's what you mean.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator