Posts created by oscar66

posted in Dreamscapes: The Sandman on Apr 22, 13 9:55 PM
The only reason I think it is too short is because I'm enjoying it so darn much I was shocked when I get the half finished Benny!. I have no idea how long I have been playing I just want it to go on for a good long while more. Such a good game.

I haven't been able to say this for a while, but I absolutely loved this game! I have never played a game where I felt I could turn right around and play it all over again. Really really enjoyed it.

posted in 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 13 9:24 PM
I thought this was a fanastic game. So much to do. A variety of puzzles ranging from easy to thinkers. Wonderful storyline, graphics, voicework and I can not wait for the next adventure in London! Really a wonderful package. Great length and I never got bored or felt it needed to be over before it was.

posted in 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 13 9:20 PM
Not sure what drain you are looking for, there is one right after you see the car and the policeman. left side of the screen. The key to Notre Dame is in it, you need to build the fishing rod to get it.

This is a fantastic game!

I bought this at the end of June and have just gotten to it. I wish I had played it earlier. What a great game! Wonderful graphics and story. Puzzles so far have been pretty good. Really enjoying it. No achievements but finding the masks is a little add in. It has surpassed some of the more recent offerings and I have only just entered the puppet theatre.

posted in Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden on Feb 9, 13 2:08 PM
Very enjoyable game. Good storyline and graphics. Quite a few puzzles, and H O scenes with an option to play dominos instead. It was a good length and the addition of a short prequel chapter and achievements was a bonus.

posted in Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden on Feb 8, 13 9:41 PM
I've had this sitting in my GM for quite some time. What a gem of a game!

posted in Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition on Feb 4, 13 9:10 PM
I loved the first two Grim Tales, the third not as much, this one was in a word boring imo. The map was not the best, it said there were tasks to do even at the end of the game, that I had completed. I had really looked forward to the game but wish I hadn't have purchased the CE. It certainly didn't qualify in the extras department nor in the main play of the game.

posted in Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose on Feb 1, 13 3:18 PM
I didn't enjoy this game very much, mainly down to the map and lack of information. It is not an enjoyable journey when you have a task but have to revisit every place on your map to see if what you need is there. The map jump feature was great but without knowing if there was something available or a fruitless journey made it tedious for me.

Despite the sometimes laggy play I quite enjoyed this game. There was lots to do, good graphics and a pretty clear story. Love the achievements as always. I did steer clear of this game originally due to all the tech problems but picked it up on the sale and though I should give it a go before I tackled the second one in case there was a storyline crossover.

I did have issues with a repeated access error even after ensuring drivers were current. sometimes he popped up at the start, sometimes not.

All in all though it was a good few hours of gameplay.

A mixed bag of reviews with quite a lot of harsh critisicms as per for both the dev and those that enjoy their games.

This was a pretty nice way to whittle away a couple of hours. The game moved along and wasn't overly taxing in the puzzle department. If you are looking for something tough to stretch the old gray matter this isn't it. But for a decent game with a good story and length, nice graphics (I don't mind their style) and lots of straightforward puzzles this is a buy.

posted in Botanica: Into the Unknown Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 13 10:55 AM
Most players seem to like this game, but it wins the booby prize for me this past year as my least favourite game. I can't even say why exactly, I couldn't even be bothered to play the bonus portion and I couldn't wait to get to the end of the main game. The voice acting, especially of the boy was extra irritating to me.

The only positive was the lush graphics.

posted in Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 13 10:49 AM
This game was just okay for me. It wasn't near as much fun as the latest Weird Park, or even Detective Quest. I did find the travel in this game particularly wearisome.

Graphics very nice, storyline good, characters were good. I love a good long game and a lot of travel is generally okay with me, when there is a logical flow to it. This for me just did not seem to flow very seamlessly. I don't need my hand held or to find the required objects right next to the task but to find something that is required for use 2 hours later or find you need something that you won't find for a couple of hours is vexing.

I liked the bonus portion more than the actual game. But werewolf? He looked like a lion to me.

posted in Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 13 10:40 AM
After you drop off the lg soldier and return with the sm one, take two small soldiers back and drop on off with the lg one on the right. That way when you go back for the second lg soldier and carry him alone across to the right you will have the sm soldier to take back to the left to pick up the other small one.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 13 8:32 PM
One of my least favourite games that I have ever played in this genre. Had there been an interactive map it would have been far more enjoyable. It was kind of a crap map overall. It really brought down the gameplay imo. Puzzles were pretty good, Some different stuff, graphics very nice, Storyline was detailed if you took the time to read the notes and witch book. Everyone likes a game with a decent length, but when you are having to wander all over, with no real flow, imo, it starts to wear you down.

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Jan 3, 13 12:44 PM
Fun! I love the the bright graphics and the attention to detail. Great little bits like when Louis praises Mr Dudley for saving him he swirls his foot around in the dirt in an awshucks moment. lol. Great little game. The opening car scene was really well done. I liked it more than Broken Tune.

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Jan 3, 13 12:41 PM
go back and look at the column on the left, you should have the other half of the missing tablet. It shows you which buttons need to be depressed.

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town on Dec 11, 12 7:31 AM
Very enjoyable! Love the interactive map. Graphics and atmosphere were spot on. The new MCF could take some notes.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 12 3:46 PM
I am currently at the Schoolhouse and I am just not finding it fun to play. Not much of a review but I'm not rushing to spend my free time playing it like I would other MCF games. The acting is fine, Lea T is playing her part ott as I think it should be. The graphics are good, H O have a little twist, can't remember if there has even been any real puzzles so if there was they haven't made an impact. Just pretty dull. Those "puzzles" after the vision are tedious, who ever thought those up, thirty lashes with a wet noodle.

once you have the slingshot you hit the boot dangling from the overhead wire, the brooch is in the boot.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator