Posts created by Micha1234

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 19, 10 7:59 AM
So........I've tried to play the game when it came out.....I tried it last night.....foolishly thought to give it another try today.......AND.....nothing. I get the first two screens and then my desk top. I totally agree with the posters above. There are lately way too many games that have glitches and problems.
And I'm really tired of the standard recommendation to check for updates for my pc. I have a BRAND NEW gaming computer. The machine isn't even two weeks old. And while we're at it...... can some one kindly explain to me why I ought to reinstall my game manager over and over???? Either the thing works - or it doesn't.
I love to play HOGs and the like but when it turns into a run around like this....no thanks. I've had this issue with a bunch of games I tried on this machine: Nemo's secret, Jetsetter, Joan Jade, the last Samantha Swift......an the list goes on.
I'm really frustrated and tired of this.

posted in Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus on Sep 19, 10 7:31 AM
I tried to play this game when it came out.....didn't work. Now I have a brand new computer, everything is up to date and the game still won't work. It will start but as soon as I click on the first item on the list....the screen goes black. I've reinstalled my game manager, too, but that doesn't help either. So....trash heap.

posted in Wispa Forest on Sep 16, 10 11:28 AM
well....it looked interesting when I saw it as a new game.....but I agree with the rest of the posters...seriously strange game!!! I don't particularly care for the comic style graphics, the objects you need to find are drawn and if you run your cursor over them it will tell you what it is. That would be fine and dandy - if the object in the scene would actually look the same as the drawing.....NOT. And some of them are seriously tiny - and I have good eye sight.
It took me a while, too, to figure out that first M3 game, what the purpose of it actually is and how it's done.
Weird.....and that's a definite no buy...period.

posted in Vampire Brides: Love Over Death on Sep 15, 10 9:36 AM
I was a bit weary with all the negative comments here to even try the game , especially since there seemed so many technical issues with it, too. I had to install the game twice to have it work properly, the first time it kept throwing me out of the game anytime I clicked on something.
But I gave it a try anyway and I liked the game. Granted, some of the items are pretty small and sometimes they're hidden behind other things so they are almost impossible to find but mostly they were not as small as I feared after reading the posts here.
The graphics on my pc were quite nice, I couldn't tell you anything about the audio though since I play mostly with it turned off.
So altogether it' s a buy for me.

posted in Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest on Sep 12, 10 1:43 PM
After reading the comments here I was a bit apprehensive about trying this game. More comments on technical issues than game play... But I went ahead anyway and lo and behold....I like it!!! I'm not that good at adventure games, I'm an industrious hint and walk through user but a lot of the stuff I could actually figure out on my own.
The graphics are good, I like the music and LOVE that hint button lol.
So this goes on my buy list.

posted in Tornado: The secret of the magic cave on Sep 12, 10 11:25 AM
I played the demo and found it o k, so I bought it. Sadly I have to agree with the fishies who say it is too short. I got maybe one more hour out of the game after my purchase. Seems there'll be a sequel eventually but if that will be a buy remains questionable.....On the positive side, the graphics are good and the music is o k, too.

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Sep 10, 10 6:31 PM
amen

This is the first CE I've ever bought. I have the first EAP and really liked it, and since the price for CEs went down it's mine

posted in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle on Sep 9, 10 7:42 PM
I have to say I actually liked this game. I don't usually play adventure games but I tried it since it showed up in the HOGs (even though there's not one hidden object scene to be found in the whole game).
It can't be too difficult since I got through chapter 7 in my trial hour - with out a walk through I might add....I'm a heavy user of those ...usually
The story line was ok, I don't know about the music, I play mostly with the sound turned off.
I had good graphics and really not much of a lack moving between scenes.
So, if I can play this game that far with just the help in the game....it can't be that hard )
I'm still not sure if I'll actually purchase it since I checked the walk through after wards and saw that I was about 2/3 through the whole game. So it's not very long.
Oh and maybe I didn't have as many technical issues since I have a brand new computer.....after I managed to toast another machine quite thoroughly )

posted in Masters of Mystery - Crime of Fashion on Aug 10, 10 11:38 AM
didn't like it. Items to look for are too small, get blurry with mag lens, so I'm almost with my nose on the screen. Don't care for the dusting either, you have to dust the whole scene to find stuff. So thanks, but no thanks.

posted in Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate on Aug 10, 10 8:55 AM
hi
can't play either....download went fine, when I tried to open the game I got a warning from my anti virus program (kaspersky). Went ahead any way, all I got was a black screen and some bright spots and a message about an access violation, something about negative delta time????? That's a new one..... Unistalled game. I've noticed lately that a lot of the new games have some kind of problem. I think from now on I'll wait a while before I try them so maybe some of the bugs can be ironed out.
I've made it a habit, too, before I even try a game to first check out the forum for it, specifically the technical problems.

posted in Kuros on Aug 9, 10 7:13 PM
nice to know I'm not the only one )well, I tried, doesn't work, so it's getting the boot.

posted in Ghost Town Mysteries: Bodie on Aug 9, 10 4:59 PM
hi all
I agree with the above posters, booooooooring, dark and over and over much of the same. I didn't make it through the whole demo hour either.

posted in Green Moon on Aug 9, 10 1:31 PM
hi
I've got till task 5 ....and then I canned it. Like someone wrote earlier on, without a walkthrough you're pretty much lost. And I'm not a patient person to start with. This one was one of the worst I've ever tried. Another thing I really can't stand on games is to have to wander back and forth countless times looking for items. I don't get mileage money.....highly annoying for me. This game is so not my cup of tea.

posted in Mystery of Shark Island on Aug 5, 10 8:22 AM
hi everyone,
I have to say I find this game rather boring. I didn't even make it through the whole demo time. Too repetetive (spelling???) for my taste.

posted in Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus on Aug 1, 10 1:36 PM
hi everyone
my download went fine....but that was it. I tried to open and play the game.......toasted my pc.....total crash. I was weary to try it out in the first place because the file was so big. I've had issues playing games with large files before. Should have listened to myself . And yes, all my drivers and everything is up to date. I finally got the machine up again and first thing I did was uninstalling that game. Won't bother with it again either.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator