Posts created by sammy219

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 27, 18 12:56 AM
juleslorraine wrote:Even after finally finding a way to sign in on their website, all I get is a black screen once I log in and hit 'play'.

Can someone (a moderator) let us know how we should proceed and what is necessary on our end to play on that site?

Hi Juleslorraine
Please look in the thread I started titled "please can we have..." it covers most of the issues, but has no answers yet from our mods. You need to enable flash on your browser. In Win 10, I had to add the playme8 site to my allowed list. I didn't like their site much though

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 12, 18 5:43 AM
Hey Desp1na thanks for starting this. I know that when I first started this quest years ago (in my original username) I didn't realise that the end point of the quest gave you the components for the Elven Brooch. It isn't very clear after all. Anyway, if anyone wants to get there, I have an Earrings of Dreams and a Ring of Dreams to barter for a Bracelet of memories!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 3, 18 11:21 AM
Hi Summer, yes afspam is right, to play on the playme8 site, you need to enable flash, in my case playing on Win 10 in chrome, I needed o go into advanced settings, and then put the playme8 game site url into a list of approved sites for flash to work. Because they have a setting now for, prompt or block, but not allow, unless you add the url to the approved site list. If you are playing on a mac, well i can't remember how that works and suspect it won't. Security issues? Well I guess that's why google, microsoft, apple and the flash people themselves have decided not to support it after 2020. I have a fairly robust virus/trojan/whatever programme installed and I check it and scan my computer regularly ie every couple of days. That being said, I am not sure i trust their site, haven't played much on it because, well i am not sure i want to. When i signed in under my sammy219 username, i have to start from the beginning. And then when I sign in under my old annebrady username, in which i am 1069 level, have 61 million or so coins, lots of other stuff, well I end up with my sammy219 level, coins, crystals and no friends, except those that have joined and friended me. But the community seems a lot smaller over there, there isn't a forum to discuss any issues as much as I can tell. There is a weird tab under the gifts/neighbours button that is "gaming community"but nothing happens when i click on it. Also the game is windowed, runs really slow and I don't really like it. I also don't feel safe buying crystals or anything on their site, haven't tried yet but I am not sure what platforms they use for transactions and whether I can even use them, not being from europe or the US, well often I find, that unless sites accept paypal, well my cards don't work. Which is a good thing, I suspect, saves money and stops fraud/hacking.
As for whether bfg have responded, I had initial contact with one of the mods, who knew nothing, and when they accessed the site, well the playme8 message didn't appear. He/she is looking into it, I guess because it is holiday season, there will be some delay before we get any answers. I can only assume, from what I have read/responses from my neighbours etc, that this message from playme8 has not been sent to everyone on the BFG site, i don't know why that is so. Our mods also know nothing as far as i can tell. So i guess we sit tight and wait to hear a definitive answer. IMHO, it doesn't look good, but it is all very strange.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 30, 17 4:18 AM
Well it all seems very bizarre. It appears that only a minority of players get the message from playme8. It is a bit suspicious that if you click on the message, you get directed to their site, a bit like spam and as our mods know nothing, something doesn't feel right. Or else they plan to roll out the message to everyone eventually, and it just happened that my 2 sites were targeted first. I don't know. As for Flash player, it is due to be phased out from 2020, and that info was released back in July so I don't think that has anything to do with it. But I just don't know, in my gut I don't think it will be good news, but maybe it has all just been a mistake afterall

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 29, 17 1:14 AM
That's an interesting thought! I am still getting the message, but can play on BFG if I close the box by clicking on the x in the top right hand corner. If you click on "continue" you are directed off to the PlayMe8 site. When I try to play there, I have the same username ie Sammy219, but am back to Level 1 with the beginners coins/crystals.I contacted their support, heard back about the flash player issue but nothing about the loss of progress/coins/crystals So I will keep playing on BFG site until we hear more. It does sound dodgy given not everyone is getting the message.Whereas I get it on my current and old game sites. Maybe they are just trying to get more players on their site?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 11:38 AM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:Good morning,

I wanted to take a moment to stop in here and address the concerns that Rooms of Memory may no longer be offered on the Big Fish Games site.

At this time the moderation team has received no information to indicate that Rooms of Memory is being removed from our catalogue.

We will be looking into the reported in-game message that some players mention seeing, and we'll update this thread should we learn more.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention and for your patience while we look into this further.

bfgMurrumbidgee
Thanks for responding Murrumbidgee. It is a great river btw and I hope you know it! I don't know if you access the game, but in my case the message from the devs loads once the game has loaded. It is in the same font as the game. If you click on it, you are directed to their game site, but have to start at the beginning. Yes, I understand that you haven't heard anything mate but maybe give it a try to understand. I have contacted them, they gave me advice about FlashPlayer stuff which worked, but I was left starting at the beginning without any of the coins or crystals I had on the BFG site. Which, I guess is understandable, but I feel BFG and the devs need to work out some sort of arrangement so that those of us who have been dedicated players, are not left without anything. It is like gambling, I guess, playing these games where you need to pay real money to progress, and so maybe we are all fools to have kept going and play because we enjoy it. But that is a pretty awful way to run a business, more fools us, I guess

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 11:37 AM
Librarian2003 wrote:Hi aurundel.

I suppose it's an oldish game, and I know everywhere is trying to do away with Flash. But certainly I get no messages. *Sigh*

Yes, it's possible I'll see you there, but I don't much fancy playing on a Russian site without an interface, so I'll have to think about it.

*Grump*

Hi Librarian, I am curious about where you are from? Maybe that makes a difference? In my case, once the game loads, ie once it goes through all the startt up stuff and you are finally in the game, there is a message on the middle of the ROM screen, in the same font as the game, telling me it will no longer be supported. It is not the same as the Big Fish site message talking about Flash. Though when I did click through, I had to fiddle with the Flash settings to get their site to work at all, but I was back to the beginning of the game, so their message of game progress being saved doesn't appear to be accurate for everyone. Javacupper, do you see me as one of your neighbours there? The fact that the BFG mods know nothing and, I assume that many other players are, like you, not seing anything is weird

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 7:21 AM
See my previous post for details. I haven't heard much back that will help. It seems we will all have to start again, no coins, no crystals, no nothing if we go through to their site. If we stay, well I guess, nothing much will happen, no events, no new areas, but until we get some response from BFG. well I don't really know

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 7:05 AM
bfgArinelle
- bfgBeruna
- bfgIlinalta
- bfgLianorm
- bfgFlounder
- bfgMurrumbidgee
- bfgOkeechobee

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 7:03 AM
aurendel01 wrote:Hi, neighbors.

PlayMe8 has sent me back to the beginning instead of saving my progress on my old account there.

They've given me friend code sARnSB

See you in RoMland.

Hope to see you there too, but seriously, they said our progress would be carried over, in my understanding, let alone the coins/crystals we have in store. What happens to them??? Big Fish Games, hello, what is going on???

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 6:52 AM
Librarian2003 wrote:I do not see this message at all - neither on the game itself, when it opens, nor if I go to the main Big Fish site and open from there.

So, can I ask, exactly where do you see this message? On which site?

Are you playing through something other than Big Fish?

Hi Librarian, as soon as I access the ROM game through the BFG site, I get a message saying: Attention, dear player, well will soon stop updating this version of the game soon. You have already synchronized your progress with ROM on our site. We recommend to continue the game(sic) ( I mean not good English) then thy post a link. If you click on that you get sent to their site. Then you have to register with them. But in both times I have done this, from both BFG accounts I have, I return to the beginning of the game, no neighbours, have to start again

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 5:42 AM
lorakeet wrote:I hear you Sammy! Game is the same but I have no neighbors and my guild is gone! I have a new friend code: z9tEFb I am playing through Google

Hey my darling Lorakeet, I am actually annebrady!!!But in my new player Sammy (my new puppy btw) I go back to the beginning. I will try now as annebrady and hope to see you there again!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 5:39 AM
Maybe this will get some attention????????????????????????/

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 5:36 AM
I guess given our different time zones, and the difficulty accessing this forum, well many of you are unaware of this latest development.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 5:32 AM
Well I have had a reply, and with a bit of fiddling with my Flashplayer settings, I was able to access their site, but had to start at the beginning of the game. I have sent another query and will keep you updated. Is no one else worried about this?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 1:41 AM
Oh I I just tried to access the game through their site but it doesn't work for me. I guess I will be contacting their support. I think maybe it only covers European users? I am in Australia

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 1:28 AM
Oh I guess we won't have access to the new areas after all?????

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 28, 17 1:26 AM
What does this mean? I guess that they won't be supporting the game through BF site anymore, which I assume would mean no new events etc. Anyone have any more information about this?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 4, 17 12:13 AM
now it's just blank, on both chrome and IE browsers. I was in the middle of a quest too, with only one artefact to get.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 3, 17 11:56 PM
Game just stopped in the middle of play. Now I keep getting "tv-bf.playme8.ru refused to connect" message with an unhappy face.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator